Life Time Memberships

Not sure if this is the place for this but would like to ask the board members to offer a Life Time Membership. I am very impressed with all the members of this club and the real life info. they have to offer. We will be full timing in June 2017 and will be changing our domicile to Texas, we will then need your mailing service. But any way got of track, Please think about offering the Life Time Membership. Thanks

Life memberships are offered from time to time, the most recent offering having been back in late December of 2014. Unlike most similar organizations, they have never been marketed as a regular thing and they do not offer any special benefits, other than a unique Life Member badge and emblem. There is no great cost savings from owning one because they are typically priced such that it requires 10-15 years to break even on the purchase of one. Since the last offering of Life Memberships the cost of joining has been cut by half and that means that a life membership takes even longer to become economically beneficial. We bought ours in 2005 and with the reduced price program of today, it has not yet quite reached the point of actually savings us any money.

Historically, Life Memberships were first offered as a means of raising capital for expanding the RV park system and have been a few times since for capitalization of other improvements of services. It was really not intended as a marketing program but rather a way for members to "pay forward" and help the organization improve services and facilities which we all enjoy. Because this is a service company that is family owned but which has maintained very close ties to their members and to the club aspects of things those memberships were intended to pay about the same over the life of the owner as others pay on an annual basis. To us Escapees Life Memberships, are more of a show of loyalty than anything else.

The most recent offering of Life Memberships was done only because they had been receiving so many requests from members for the opportunity to get one. I can't recall the price at that time but the number to be sold was set at 500, as I recall. The reason was that they didn't want to impact long term revenue flow but yet respond to current member desires. The sales of these memberships went very quickly and I believe that the last one was sold about 60 days after they were made available. I don't really know what it might take to convince management to make such an offering again in the near future, but my suggestion would be that if you really want this to happen then it would be best to contact the office either by phone or by snail-mail and express this desire. If enough current members do so it might then cause the management to reconsider such an offer at some future time.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

But, Lifetime memberships also serve in another way. For us it was a way to continue what we enjoy doing even if the income stream changes in the future? We bought as many as we could for that reason. It has worked out good for us. May not for others. Each may be an individual case.

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

Would it be correct to assume the lifetime membership has the same benefits as the yearly membership, to include the magazine?

Mark from Missouri

Our Future in an RV

2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Dually LB 6.7L HO Diesel Aisin Transmission 4x4 3.73 Gears

2019 Vanleigh Vilano 320GK 35’ fifth wheel 16,000-pound GVWR

Would it be correct to assume the lifetime membership has the same benefits as the yearly membership, to include the magazine?

That is exactly right. The only thing that is different is that you pay one time only and you are finished. I believe that the cost was about $800 this time.

I'm trying to remember... I know we got a lifetime membership card and I think we got a decal when we got our lifetime membership.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

My memory just seems to be getting worst. How and where can I get one of those lifetime improvements?

Safe Travels!

DataStorm #5423

Escapee CARE Supporter

• 1 month later...

We would like to become Lifetime members as well -- in fact I will even sweeten the pot for Corporate: I do not want the paper copy of the Escapees magazine (DW & I both have iPads and know how to use them LOL)

Just give me a Lifetime Membership for say $295.00 and my check will be in the mail! Oh...wait...we don't do checks anymore -- how about PayPal? :lol:

Bob & Anne-Marie Williams

| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego bikes |

| Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime |

event.png

Just give me a Lifetime Membership for say $295.00 and my check will be in the mail!

Good luck with that! We paid $729.00 back in September 2006 for our lifetime membership, getting credit for whatever was left on our 3-year membership at the time. So, probably, the lifetime membership was around $800, which fits in with what Kirk said.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

I bought mine at the same time as Linda....for around the same price, given my credits for my 3-year membership that was partly used. I'd be kinda ticked off if they offered a Lifetime for under $300!!!

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

I bought mine at the same time as Linda....for around the same price, given my credits for my 3-year membership that was partly used. I'd be kinda ticked off if they offered a Lifetime for under $300!!!

Same thing with us. We also bought ours in 2006 and for that same price. There were some sold just over a year ago and I believe that the price was over $800. I highly doubt that you will seen any available very soon at any price. The lifetime membership has never been offered as an effort to save members money. It was offered the first few times as a means of bringing in capital for certain club benefit improvements and the price was designed to cost about the same as most would pay if paying annually. Even at the current membership prices the cost would be more on the order of $450 to $500.

When they opened them for sale last time it was because there was so much demand for them. They offered a set number and the program lasted only for the time required to sell that set number. As I recall the sale took about one month.

As I recall the club did not want to offer too many lifetime memberships because of the long term dollar obligations required. Being in business often requires an income stream just to keep the doors open. Thus, the need for yearly dues. No income = close the doors.

Safe Travels!

DataStorm #5423

Escapee CARE Supporter

• 2 weeks later...

Did they offer a membership? They reduced the price of the yearly. Don't FOR HOW LONG. Perhaps to raise cash for the company or family.

Safe Travels!

DataStorm #5423

Escapee CARE Supporter

• 1 month later...

I just inquired about life memberships but was told they were not offered. We are life members of Good Sam and we were offered a great deal due to my Air Force veteran status. $149.00 for life and that gets us several discounts on merchandise and campsites. Escapees did start offering very small discounts on membership for veterans but no lifetime opportunities as of yet.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like it is undergoing a revamp. Different today than last night.

It may have some hiccups until finished.

Jim & Vickie
'07 F150
'10 Chalet XL1935
Chimacum, Wa

Evergreen Coho SKP Park Website:

http://www.evergreencohoskprvpark.com/

Evergreen Coho SKP on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evergreen-Coho-SKP-RV-Park/563601217103332

Since they offered lifetime memberships at the end of last year for a limited time, I doubt they'll do it again anytime soon.

I agree. Usually it is many years in between offerings....

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Archived