A different way to talk about fulltime expenses

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a lot of interesting comments and stories in this thread. It is interesting to me to try and visualize where the comments come from. I have shared our actual expenses, and nothing has happened from that disclosure and since the released data is only numbers, and no documentation, I don't expect there to be. I did disclose our actual spending, but not our total income. As stated on our website, the budget numbers do not show total income, savings, just the actual amounts spent for daily living as RV fulltimers.

Like some others here, I remember my grandparents predicting "the big financial crash" when I was a boy and later may parents did that same thing when they reached their later years. Today I understand where that comes from since there are things which look bad to me also, but I realize that my predecessors were looking to the future based upon the past so I try to avoid doing that same thing, even when it may look likely. The comments that we are better off than at anytime in our past lives clearly does apply to most of us. I doubt that anyone can accurately predict the long term future.

I can not imagine any community where voters would submit to elected officials increasing their taxes by 500% to 1000% without a massive replacement of those responsible. I tried to find something on the net about these tax increases but am unable to find any stories about it at all so can't really find any details. I really don't think that I'd leave without a fight, but never having been there, it's impossible to say for sure what I'd do.

What I will say is that I believe that Scott is pretty close in what he has concluded about most of the budgets in the RV community. And I do believe that there are enough people who are willing to share accurate details about budget items for one to have a good idea of what the typical numbers are. Average numbers don't really mean much since what or who is actually average?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting thread and comments. We have never in over 50 years of home/property ownership had such problems. Our property tax has gone up because of voted in levies but not by much. The last city property evaluation resulted in a decrease in property tax due to the economic readjustment of 2007/2009. .We do expect it to go back up as property values have recovered.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Archived