Sleep and the Sleep Number Bed

dbdreamers

We love sleep number. Have not changed our bed in our new unit, but it's on the to do list.

2009 Volvo 780. D-16 500hp 1850 torque with a Herrin hauler bed.

2015 Continental Coach

2008 650cc Suzuki Bergman

2013 Mustang GT 500 convertible

2014 Smartcar convertible

WWW.Hollyfab.com. (Metal Fabrication Company)

Jamesc@hollyfab.com (preferred contact method)

When we traded in our coach for the new one, one of our requests was to transfer our Sleep Number to the new one. We have had Sleep Number mattresses for 20 years at home and in the RV's. I know it is personal preference and some do not like them. We don't want to sleep on anything else. I've read about others having problems. We never have had any.

2014 Winnebago Vista 35B Class A. 2010 Honda CR-V.

Great, we have the same at our home base, so it's a natural fit for us. The only problem we've experienced is...you can't bleed off air once it goes into an over inflate condition, the control just says "error". Gotta find where the hoses run on this one !

Dave W. KE5GOH

Stuck in the 70's ---

In E. Texas

We removed the king mattress in our rig when we got it and replaced it with a Sleep Number. Like above we have used Sleep Number beds for over 20 years and love them.

Later,

J

2012 Landmark, San Antonio

2013 Silverado CC, 3500HD, Duramax, DRW, 4x4

Backup, side and hitch cameras, Tireminder TPMS

My wife and I had a sleep number bed. After a year and numerous attempts to improve it, we got rid of it. The biggest problem was the fact that it was two separate mattresses (side by side) with a piece of foam rubber between them. We kept falling into the hole in the middle. The only remedy the company had for the problem was more foam rubber.

I suppose, if we didn't like to sleep next to each other, we could have made it work.

Don

When we sold our house 7 years ago, we got rid of all the furniture but not our sleep number. We ordered our MobileSuites without a matress and then brought our Sleep Number from the house. Would not be without it.

We love the Sleep number in that if I've worked hard or have strained or tired muscles, I let air out and it sleeps like a hammock. For other nocturnal activities we air it up hard. So when I hear my wife airing up the bed it is like a mating call. :)

Only caution is to be careful when traveling over mountain passes to let the air out, days when you are going up in altitude. Just remember that one mile 5280' up is 1/2 of the pressure of sea level.

Kent

2003 Volvo VLN630
2016 38 RS3 Mobile Suite
2010 Smart behind the cab

FullSizeRender_zpsrtbccowj.jpg

we have one in both the 5th wheel and the S&B. My Number is 35. It has been perfect.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

My wife and I had a sleep number bed. After a year and numerous attempts to improve it, we got rid of it. The biggest problem was the fact that it was two separate mattresses (side by side) with a piece of foam rubber between them. We kept falling into the hole in the middle. The only remedy the company had for the problem was more foam rubber.

I suppose, if we didn't like to sleep next to each other, we could have made it work.

Don

We've had our Sleep Number bed for 9 years. Like Don & Penny, we didn't care for the gap in the middle. Our solution was to remove the center piece of foam, strap the two air bladders together and placed the piece of foam on one side of the bed. We then topped the entire bed with a slab of 2" memory foam. It's heavenly!

Great, we have the same at our home base, so it's a natural fit for us. The only problem we've experienced is...you can't bleed off air once it goes into an over inflate condition, the control just says "error". Gotta find where the hoses run on this one !

Not sure what issue Dave W is having with releasing the air. On travel days, we always remove some air to allow for expansion during shifts in elevation. Yes, you will have to adjust your bed again but that takes less than a minute.

Mark

Mark & Sue---SKP#86611
'06 International 4400LoPro DT570 310hp 950ft-lbs.-Allison--3.70 gears
'05 36' Teton Liberty
'12 BMW F650 twin

We have a sleep number bed....king size and when we were looking for our 5th wheel, I would only get one with a king bed so I could take our mattress. I have Fibromyalgia and my husband has back problems. We both have multi level nerve entrapments. This bed has been the best for both of us. I have yet to adjust my side but my husband adjusts his occasionally. I highly recommend!

It's all fine and dandy until someone's marshmallow catches fire!

2015 Ford F-250 6.2L (She ain't diesel but she hauls ass!)

2012 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS

Http://www.5thwheelgypsy.blogspot.com

To start with my wife has a bad back and we slept on a water bed for 30+ years before going full time. After a fulltiming year we changed out our factory mattress for a Aerobed to see if it would work for us before buying a Sleep Number. Worked fine for about 7-8 months then deleveloped a leak, repaced under warranty. That one failed in about 6 months. Ordered the sleep number. We received and installed it. After 10 days of trying to sleep on the &%$# thing Scottiemom could hardly walk, the bed with its center foam divider was a joke. She called for a Return Merchandise Authorization. That's when the real fun started, after answering numberous questions about the installation and product functioning, they said they would "process her request for return".

She then got a call from another individual who appeared to be "contracted" from outside the company following a scripted dialog with many personal questions that needed to be answered before her request could be processed.

• What is the exact nature of her back problem?
  • How long she had had the problem?
  • Was she currently under a doctors care?
  • What had been prescribed for the problem?
  • All the questions were specific and basically intrusive.

She after about 5 minutes, she refused to answer any more questions and demanded they follow their return policy. We paid freight both ways about a month to get the refund on our credit card.

Overall the Sleep Number Bed was one of the more frustrating experiences we've had fulltiming, as Scottiemom says "Who likes sleeping in a trough?"

We went back to cheap ($18-24) 8-9" queen air mattresses with a heated mattress pad and 2" memory foam topper, this has worked great for the past 5 years. We always keep a backup mattress on board for when they fail in about 8-10 months. If the Phaeton could handle a waterbed, that's what we'd have.

Teacher's Pet

'06 40' Phaeton QSH 350 Cat.

'04 R-Vision B+ Model 213, 6.0 Chevrolet.

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com

http://map.datastormusers.com/user3.cfm?user=3912

We have had a Sleep Number bed in our S&B for almost 10 years. We love it! I am not sure what people are talking about when they mention a dip in the center, we have never noticed that, but, in fairness, we also have an aftermarket 1.5" memory foam topper on the bed. I would love to replace the memory foam mattress in the camper with a Sleep Number, but given the price, I doubt we will in the near future.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

We have had a Sleep Number bed in our S&B for almost 10 years. We love it! I am not sure what people are talking about when they mention a dip in the center, we have never noticed that, but, in fairness, we also have an aftermarket 1.5" memory foam topper on the bed. I would love to replace the memory foam mattress in the camper with a Sleep Number, but given the price, I doubt we will in the near future.

I believe they are referring to the 'basic' model. I don't know, because we have never had any problem with the center foam divider. But, we have a pillow top model in the coach and a 3" memory foam built in on the one at home.

2014 Winnebago Vista 35B Class A. 2010 Honda CR-V.

I believe they are referring to the 'basic' model. I don't know, because we have never had any problem with the center foam divider. But, we have a pillow top model in the coach and a 3" memory foam built in on the one at home.

Not sure about Teacher's Pet but you are correct—ours is the lowest of the low. I don't remember the exact cost but do remember ours being less than half of the next model up. I agree, it was intolerable straight out of the box. It came with two separate air bladders and no pillow top. Again, after making our alterations, we are very pleased.

Mark

Mark & Sue---SKP#86611
'06 International 4400LoPro DT570 310hp 950ft-lbs.-Allison--3.70 gears
'05 36' Teton Liberty
'12 BMW F650 twin

We bought a used RV with a sleep number already in it. We'd never slept on one before that.

We've had posture-pedic beds, all kinds of mattresses and none of them have ever been as comfortable as that sleep number in the rig.

Another reason why we look forward to moving into it full time!

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

Archived