Jumping in Feet first!

MellyVF

Hi! I am Melly and I have a family of 5 plus 1 furry pet. My husband telecommutes and I am disabled, so that's interesting to say the least.
I have signed up to the Escapees, Passport America, and Fulltime Families.
My first trip instead of a weekend or a fun camping trip, is travelling cross country with the 5 of us, with a deadline to get from Iowa to California, staying in relatively mild locations and get from point a to point b in exactly 7 days.

So hi!! And wish me luck? Thanks for having this forum for me to look through and not collapse from all the pressure of planning!

The trip home is going to be the 'vacation' part, and this 3 week adventure is going to show us if we can do this fulltime. I find it fascinating that so many people are doing this full time, and I thought my wanderlust was rare!

I can tell that a Class C is in our future, at any rate. :) But thank you for the remind to relax. The trip to California is on a deadline, there is a conference that my husband has to attend and then we are staying the week in the bay area, and then giving ourselves more than a week to get to our current home. We plan on stopping and smelling the cactuses and finding scorpions. I am a bit bummed that we don't seem to be going to utah, but avoiding the plains states due to cold means that will be on the next trip's agenda.

Welcome to Forum. Something that i usually do. i Rush to get somewhere an heading back i take it slow. What ever place you folks go it be something new to look at. Life is an adventure. enjoy it. The memories that we make. able us to tell our grandchildren our stories. so actually no trip is a wasted trip.

2000 Itasca Horizon DP (Got Total During Irma). 

Vice President of Charlotte County Defenders LE MC

http://charlotte.defenderslemc.com/

The trip home is going to be the 'vacation' part, and this 3 week adventure is going to show us if we can do this fulltime. I find it fascinating that so many people are doing this full time, and I thought my wanderlust was rare!

I can tell that a Class C is in our future, at any rate. :) But thank you for the remind to relax. The trip to California is on a deadline, there is a conference that my husband has to attend and then we are staying the week in the bay area, and then giving ourselves more than a week to get to our current home. We plan on stopping and smelling the cactuses and finding scorpions. I am a bit bummed that we don't seem to be going to utah, but avoiding the plains states due to cold means that will be on the next trip's agenda.

"smelling the cactuses and finding scorpions." Love it!

Welcome to the forums and to the RV club as well! It is great to have you join in and become part of our family. Let us know of anything that we might be able to do that will make things less difficult and more satisfactory! Do take part in conversations and discussions often and let us know how your trip has gone.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

My first trip instead of a weekend or a fun camping trip, is travelling cross country with the 5 of us, with a deadline to get from Iowa to California, staying in relatively mild locations and get from point a to point b in exactly 7 days.

Welcome. You don't say you are doing this at this time of year in an RV but, if you are, my advice is to head straight south then west on I-10. It's too cold to make this trip a good one any further north than that. I'm not sure where in Iowa you are starting but from Mpls/St Paul I just headed down I-35 when I needed to hurry to warmth.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Welcome. You don't say you are doing this at this time of year in an RV but, if you are, my advice is to head straight south then west on I-10. It's too cold to make this trip a good one any further north than that. I'm not sure where in Iowa you are starting but from Mpls/St Paul I just headed down I-35 when I needed to hurry to warmth.

Linda Sand

As someone suffering the cold in the northern states...don't come anywhere near us! Anything I-40 and south would probably be tolerable

2007 Keystone Springdale 245 FWRLL-S (modified)

2000 F-250 7.3L SRW

Cody and Kye, border collie extraordinaires

Latest departure date: 10/1/2017

Find us at www.nomadicpawprints.wordpress.com

Anything I-40 and south would probably be tolerable

I can't agree with that. I-40 goes through mountains. One of the rules of keeping cool in the summer is to go up in elevation. You don't really want to do that in the winter.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I can't agree with that. I-40 goes through mountains. One of the rules of keeping cool in the summer is to go up in elevation. You don't really want to do that in the winter.

Linda Sand

Still better than anything I-70 and north!

2007 Keystone Springdale 245 FWRLL-S (modified)

2000 F-250 7.3L SRW

Cody and Kye, border collie extraordinaires

Latest departure date: 10/1/2017

Find us at www.nomadicpawprints.wordpress.com

Archived