Blue Sky Insurance Non-renewal

S&JTaylor

Last week, I received and email, letter and a voicemail from my Blue Sky agent stating RLI, the underwritter for Blue Sky, was not renewing insurance policies for RV's. I just got off the phone with the agent and he confirmed, also stating they don't have any alternatives available at this time and referred me to a couple other companies. The policy on our T-600 and trailer is up on 9 Feb 2017, so puts us in a bit of a predicatment. Anyone else get the same news? A quick search didn't produce any threads on the topic and was curious if anyone else was in the same boat.

Haven't received anything. Interesting, I thought their main business was RV insurance.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Last week, I received and email, letter and a voicemail from my Blue Sky agent stating RLI, the underwritter for Blue Sky, was not renewing insurance policies for RV's. I just got off the phone with the agent and he confirmed, also stating they don't have any alternatives available at this time and referred me to a couple other companies. The policy on our T-600 and trailer is up on 9 Feb 2017, so puts us in a bit of a predicatment. Anyone else get the same news? A quick search didn't produce any threads on the topic and was curious if anyone else was in the same boat.

I forwarded S&J’s post to my Blue Sky agent and he sent me the following info with permission to share with the forum:

This statement is temporarily correct.

BlueSky is in the process of changing our Program Underwriting Insurance Carrier. Until that process is completed, we are not able to do new business with Blue Sky. Also, for those policies scheduled to renew during this “interim period,” we are having to send out non-renewals for those policies.

For most RVs, we have other carriers available. However, none of our other carriers insure MDTs.

We are hoping this interim period will be completed ASAP, as we know this is an inconvenience for our clients. Incidentally, since you just renewed in November, you are in good shape.

About 3 years ago, BlueSky initiated a change in Underwriting carriers in order to move from an “A” rated to “A+” rated carrier. Since BlueSky initiated that change, the new carrier was ready to take over as polices were non-renewed with the previous carrier. Thus in that instance, the transition was seamless.

However, in this current situation, the Underwriting Carrier chose to leave the RV insurance industry rather suddenly, and so our management is working diligently to find a quality replacement.

IMG_3217a.jpg.c718bc170600aa5ce52e515511d83cb7.jpg

Jim & Wilma

2006 Travel Supreme 36RLQSO

2009 Volvo VNL730, D13, I-shift, ET, Herrin Hauler bed, "Ruby"

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

We're in the same shape. We are full timers and our policy expires 2/25/2017.

The problem isn't just the RV insurance. We have an umbrella policy that we can only have if we have liability on a home or on an RV. Blue Sky was the only policy we found with this coverage.

Does anyone have a suggestion of another company with similar coverage so we could keep the umbrella policy?

My auto policy with Blue Sky expires on 1/31 and this thread made me realize that the renewal info hasn't arrived yet. I bet the same problem is affecting us, also. Our agent is AIS and I'll be calling them tomorrow.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Back in Nov my RV policy was up for renewal. rate went from $460 @ Year to over 900$. Called agent. She said lots of their policy's went up. An with no claims. accidents, I Switched to National for $614 a yr. My Auto was 800 went to 1060$ switched to geico for $397 every 6 months.

2000 Itasca Horizon DP (Got Total During Irma). 

Vice President of Charlotte County Defenders LE MC

http://charlotte.defenderslemc.com/

Looks like the issue got to some of us first due to our policies coming up for renewal soon. The impression I got from my Blue Sky agent was they were working on a solution, but haven't been able to find one yet. Hopefully they will find something soon so others aren't affected. In the meantime, I guess I'll be shopping around.

docj, based on what I know, I'm not sure your auto policy will be an issue. I was told the non-renewals was only on RV policies.

We are insured with Good Sam, no problems.

"JOE DIRT"--1994 Volvo WIA64TES VED12, 425HP, SUPER 10, SINGLED, 370 REARS, DOMETIC AUXILLARY A/C, ONAN QD10000 GENNY
2006 Fleetwood Wilderness Advantage AX6 40ft
"I'm not in right now.......I'm out finding myself. If I get back before I return, leave me a message and one of us will get back to you..??"

I'm right 97% of the time.........and nobody cares about the other 4%

Just renewed with Progressive with no problem.

Happy with them for the last 9years

curious, what is your cost and coverage? I have full coverage and Freightliner insured for 35k. Cost 1035 yearly

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

My auto policy with Blue Sky expires on 1/31 and this thread made me realize that the renewal info hasn't arrived yet. I bet the same problem is affecting us, also. Our agent is AIS and I'll be calling them tomorrow.

It turned out that I was renewed after all. Blue Sky had mailed my renewal information rather than emailing it as they have done for the past 5 years. The price is what we paid the previous year.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Howdy All,

Just got off the phone with my Blue Sky agent, and was told what has been related in the above posts. Blue Sky is now looking for an underwriter that will cover RV's and our type of tow vehicle in particular and hopes to have this issue resolved shortly. My renewal is next August, Jim was confident that well before then this will all be settled, I sure hope so as I have NEVER had an insurance company step up to the plate and do what they are paid to do like Blue Sky has for both my truck when it was hit and replacing the roof on my toy hauler after a tree branch fell and punched a hole in the roof. Didn't have to fight with them, they just paid the full cost to repair the truck and do a complete re roofing of the trailer.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Hope you're right Dave. Mine renews in July.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Archived