Where you be on Thanksgiving Day?

Kirk W

We have been fortunate to volunteer at Picacho Peak State Park in AZ and will be enjoying Thanksgiving with other Volunteers and Rangers at the Park. Please have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Any dust up that way today? It's really blowing!

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Any dust up that way today? It's really blowing!

We had a little wind, not enough to pull in the awning tho. A definite weather transition day, mostly cloudy but no rain and cooler, maybe 70 :)

Phil, Carol, Ariel, Grey Lady, SKP# 93039

2009 Carriage Cameo

2016 Ram 2500, CTD, 4X4

With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.

http://motojavaphil.blogspot.com/

We parked the coach on our upstate NY cottage site about a week ago, and we'll have Thanksgiving dinner with our two daughters that live nearby at one of their houses. A couple of days ago, we made one of our rare transitions to staying in the cottage instead of the coach so I could pull out the 14 year old Norcold fridge that's been getting a bit unreliable. I'm installing a new residential fridge and a dedicated inverter.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

We are new full-timers (just launched in August). We are spending Thanksgiving through Christmas here in Las Cruces, NM, with my mother, my two sisters and their husbands, a nephew and his wife, my late wife's mother and her sister. We feel very fortunate to be able to do this. It's unfortunate that my mother fell last week and injured a knee (the opposite knee that was injured when she was taken hostage in her retirement community in May of this year!). We got her moved to assisted living last night and will pick her up - knee immobilizer and all - to take her to my sisters in a few hours.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

Cold here in the mountains of Southern California (around 3500 feet), but the wind has died down. The forecast high today is 48, with a low of 30. We will be at my wife's middle sister's place by late morning, it is only 4 miles from the campground. The pies were baked yesterday, my wife contributed 2 of them, so we are ready.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

We spent our first turkey day as fulltimers and had a great time. I'm at a campground and spent it with my wife and 40 other campers. The campground provided a wounderful spread. It was like the original Thanksgiving in my mind.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Our family had our Thanksgiving dinner at mom and dad's house as best we could as mother was in the SICU at our local hospital. I am very thankful for that day as we all met in her room for the 3:00 visitation time. This Thanksgiving will always be remembered as our last one together as a family as mother passed away at 8:00 this past evening.

She will forever be in our hearts and for those of you whose mother is still alive, give her an extra hug from me tonight. For those whose mothers have passed, I now understand the empty place in your heart they left behind and the pain you felt in your loss. They say time heals all wounds and I hope that is true.

If you can and don't mind, say an extra prayer tonight for all the loved ones that have been lost in this holiday season.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

For those whose mothers have passed, I now understand the empty place in your heart they left behind and the pain you felt in your loss. They say time heals all wounds and I hope that is true.

If you can and don't mind, say an extra prayer tonight for all the loved ones that have been lost in this holiday season.

Your loss will never go away but the pain of it will subside with time. A mother is truly a very special blessing and no matter how long or how short their lives may be, they play a vital role in all that we are or ever will be. Mine has been gone now for nearly 8 years and although the pain has eased, she is as strong a part of my life today as she ever was, though in a very different way. I'll pray that my mother is there with yours today, helping her to find her way and preparing for the inevitable day that you & I will join them!

Mother is a name held sacred

By most mortals of the earth;

It means great love and sacrifice

From the very day of birth,

A love that's so full of beauty,

So tender, so very true!

Something, seemingly, from Heaven

That has come to me and you.

There's no love so understanding

And so faithful to the end

As a Mother's love—God bless her!—

That to us our Lord did send.

~Gertrude Tooley Buckingham, "Mother" (1940s)

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

GeorgiaHybrid, on 28 Nov 2015 - 10:25 PM, said:GeorgiaHybrid, on 28 Nov 2015 - 10:25 PM, said:

For those whose mothers have passed, I now understand the empty place in your heart they left behind and the pain you felt in your loss.

My condolences on the loss of your mother. My mother passed away on the 9th of this month...yesterday (the 28th) would have been her 92nd birthday.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Archived