Upgrading our refrigerator - Where is the best place to buy.

Carol2c

Hi,

We are going to upgrade our Norcold 7 cubic foot refrigerator to a Norcold 12 cubic foot.

Has anyone bought a new fridge lately? And where is the best place (for price and service) to buy a new

RV fridge???

Thank you in anticipation for your response(s)

Carol

Have you considered upgrading to a residential reefer instead? Many manufacturers are offering the option now and many owners are installing them now when their junk RV reefers fail. I know that's what I will do when the time comes for it!

Fulltiming since September 1, 2010

2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW Lariat Crew Cab

2012 Montana 3585SA

If you are planning to install it yourself then I'd start by doing some shopping on Amazon and other internet sources first. As long as it comes with a full warranty you will probably do better with one of the internet suppliers. A search on Google or your favorite search engine might also be a good place to look and price compare. If you shop this way, make sure that you also include any shipping costs into the price. Since you are replacing the refrigerator, I suggest that you also consider installing a safety device from ARPrv as well, which both Mark Nemeth and I use strongly recommend.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

When I finally gave up on our Dometic, I contacted my extended warranty co. and told them I wanted a residential. They had no problem with it, and paid for the fridge and entire installation, less of course the $100 ded.

Fulltiming since 2010

2000 Dutch Star

2009 Saturn Vue

Myrtle Beach, SC

Hi,

We are going to upgrade our Norcold 7 cubic foot refrigerator to a Norcold 12 cubic foot.

Has anyone bought a new fridge lately? And where is the best place (for price and service) to buy a new

RV fridge???

Thank you in anticipation for your response(s)

Carol

Where are you located? I am upgrading to a residential fridge and will have a Norcold 1200 left over. I'll be in Rockport, Tx for the winter.

George

2011 F350 6.7PSD CC 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41 RSSB4 5th Wheel

The best is to find it locally, then you will know when it will arrive. I ordered from applianceconnection.com, who said it was in stock, but it really was not. Took over a month to arrive and with lousy tracking of the shipment. They were the best price.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

Hello Fulltimers51,

I am interested in the Norcold 1200 you are switching out to domestic fridge.

How old is it? Why are you switching to a domestic fridge?

When are you planning to switch it out?

When are you going to be in Rockport TX?

Regards

Carol

The fridge is 1 1/2 yrs old.

I want a larger fridge/freezer.

The estimated delivery date is 11/26/2015.

I am in Rockport now.

George

2011 F350 6.7PSD CC 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41 RSSB4 5th Wheel

Archived