HOW SAD TO SEE TECHNOMADIA NO LONGER BLOGGING

FULLTIMEWANABE

First of all, I want to sincerely thank you all for starting this thread.. it really does warm our hearts to see the support for us as people. We didn't even know this thread was going on until someone mentioned it in a recent comment.

My wife and I had the pleasure to spend some time with Chris and Chere at NASKW/Sigsbee RV park during January of 14, they are very friendly and helpful people. Their blog is very interesting and IMO, entertaining.

I am trying to recall where NASKW/Sigsbee RV Park is? It's not ringing a bell for us. In January 2014 we were in Cedar Key, Florida.

To me when you start selling services on your blog, I see myself as a potential customer, not, as in this case, one of Cherie or Chris's blog buddies. To me, this is a whole different relationship than a non-commercial blog.

It is entirely your right to see us that way.

However, Technomadia (not Technomedia) has always been our personal blog space. We share about various aspects of our lives - the travel, the trials, the tribulations, tech we use and the work we do on the road (we're not retired after all, work is a big part of our lives). Which RVMobileInternet happens to be part of.

Working on the road happens to be one of our more popular topics, as many are seeking ways to earn an income on the road before traditional retirement age. And talking about our work, which includes our offerings on our business site (we don't sell any of the services you mentioned directly on Technomadia) is just a natural par of sharing of our daily lives.

I'm sorry you disagree that we're not also allowed to present as real people, make real friendships/buddies and share personally if we also happen to have a business offering related to our lifestyle choices. We have made many wonderful friends on the road as a direct result of our blog and sharing. Thank goodness more folks are open minded that work/career and life aren't always strongly divided lines.

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

Zulu, on 09 Nov 2015 - 12:10 AM, said:

To me when you start selling services on your blog, I see myself as a potential customer, not, as in this case, one of Cherie or Chris's blog buddies. To me, this is a whole different relationship than a non-commercial blog.

So, bloggers, as soon as you start selling something -- no matter how well-intentioned or soft handed, you're going to have to put up with the BS that will surely follow or get out of the kitchen.

I have never gotten one bad email in the 15 years I've had my domain and RV site. Despite it being out of date I get lots of thank you emails for the information and humor.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Cherie and Chris,

You have my support as techies who the few times I went to an article you guys have on the paid for website found your and your contributor's stuff to be unbiased and technically good info with the lay person in mind. Even with as little experience as I've had with you guys, I would not hesitate to refer your resource. I can't say that about any that have other agendas as Ray mentioned.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

When people ask me about internet on the road I send them to Technomadia. When they ask me about solar I send them to Technomadia and Jack Mayer. When they ask me about boon docking in a big rig I send them to Technomadia and Wheeling It. When they ask me about boon docking in a small rig I send them to RV Sue and Cheap RV Living. Please note that Technomadia is listed in three of those four categories although I could include them in the fourth one, as well, since they started out in a T@B trailer then an Oliver trailer before moving into their current bus. Do I think their blog contains tons of useful information? Yes, indeed I do. If you haven't ever read their stuff you need to go there now.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I REALLY appreciated reading Cherie and Chris' blog posts and watching their videos. A couple years ago, my wife and I were on the fence about trying the full time RV lifestyle. We watched video after video of theirs because they were so very informative, enjoyable, and authentic. I can't think of any information source we used to guide us that went further toward allowing us to feel comfortable jumping into this lifestyle with both feet. In short, we very well may not have found the courage to take the plunge and be full timers now, had it not been for their work. There must be hundreds of people, like us, who have benefited significantly through their efforts.

I think I thanked them a couple times, but I can't say that I understood all the effort it took on their part. And, I can't imagine anyone being critical of them in any mean spirited way. They absolutely do not deserve that. I was fully aware that they were trying to help financially support their lifestyle by selling subscriptions, and products like the Internet Handbook that I helped crowd fund. That has not diminished my respect and appreciation for what they have shared so selflessly with others over the years.

Cherie and Chris, please know there are many people who may not fully express the gratitude they feel for you. Take as long a break as you need, or drop the blog permanently. We will always appreciate what you have already done to help us.

Cathy and Jim

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

I am a fan. Youse guys have taken the plunge, endured the pain when things went wrong, and shared the hurt and the good times with us all.

I am a huge fan.

I particularly like your battery story, but it's just me cherry picking.

Haters are always going to be critical.

Be assured you have a huge but mostly quiet fan base.

Geo

George,
Suzuki Celerio 998cc

Yamaha NMAX scooter

Work ride is Western Star N2 Tri-Tri tanker at 56,500kg loaded

Be assured you have a huge but mostly quiet fan base.

Geo

Cherie and Chris, We have followed much of your blog outlining your travels and have lived vicariously through your writings. I have consulted your website for technical information, and liked it so much I purchased your book. We appreciate your efforts and look forward to your return.....

George and Ann Marie

2014 Cedar Creek 36CKTS, 640W of Solar

2012 Ram 3500, DRW, Cummins, Big Horn, Q20, Retrax Pro

Retired US Army

There are people who find no end in the pleasure they find in hurting others. With the Internet they can stay nice and safe behind an alias and nobody knows what a fool they are in person.

I find it unfortunate that some think that someone cannot earn an honest living these days. I also don't know what is wrong with being a "potential customer"? I do business with people I trust and who treat me well. I have no line between myself and those I do business with. They are my potential customer, I am their potential customer. That does not limit the relationship. They can also be a friend. People who work hard and are generous with their lives are to be commended.

---

Al Lipscomb

AA4YU CISSP

Senior Systems Engineer

I appreciate all the information that technomadia has provided. I find them a little quirky, but that is a good thing, that is

why I enjoy them. They spend so much time in their research and sharing it with us, why shouldn't they make some money

from it. Got to pay for the groceries and pay the rent same as us.

I always looked up to them when it came to info. I felt comfortable with what I was doing if they endorsed it. They are full of info, and willing to share. I thank both of you Chris and Cherie for all that you have done for the RV'ers and appreiciate the time and effort you have put in. Please don't go away, your needed in this capacity. There will always be haters, they don't feel good in there own skin, so they have to belittle others!

Your good to go :)

Dave

Dave & Linda

2011 Bighorn 3670

2000 Ford 7.3 PS diesel white and tan in color Now Fulltiming since May15, 2010

Semper Fi Marines!!

Chris and Cherie - Very appreciative of your info sharing, no wories on any speling or not as correct word combo's - as I seem to resemble this stile of communication:)! (My DW explains to people that English is a secondary language to my primary Smittyism's Language!)

On a professional note, please keep it up. Salute to the heavier mix of free info sharing, intermixed with where appropriate, commercial opportunities too. Both are great, and will continue to support the commercial side where they apply to my wife and I.

On a personal note, vino fueled or not, do take the time for each other and to keep the small amount of people that always find away to make a negative comment on any subject - from getting to you. Thick skin is required. I'd wager good money, for every person that takes the time to post a negative comment - 100 more are thinking positive and grateful thoughts, just not posting them.

Travel safe, recharge as often as you need to keep the balance, and please keep sharing your knowledge and your 'zest for life' with us.

Respectfully and appreciatively,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

My thoughts are pretty much those stated by almost everyone above. Their blog has been well though out, researched and written. Their work in LFP was helpful to us as it was to others. They made mistakes with a brand new technology and were quite candid about them.We have definitely learned from their successes and mistakes. The mistakes were basically, getting batteries to hot, keeping them fully charged, and using a BMS that allowed the voltage to get to high. Their successes were far greater. We learned a lot from their other blogs

If one wrote a message on one of their threads, it was answered with thoughtful and cheerful consideration. We should greatly enjoy meeting them some day.

Reed and Elaine

Ya know I can NOT ever recall meeting anyone that was a BUS-RV-Geek that was NOT pretty darn cool folks.....and the Tech-geeks seem to fit that mold pretty well it seems.......Thank god we are not all the same......

As far as Taylor-who-ever.....well it's likely that it's best that I.......NOT know Taylor it seems........

But I will tell you this..........when EVER I put both feet in my mouth here (or anywhere) ......it seems that I have not much room in my mouth to say much of any value.........(and the after-taste is not good)......

Hope the Tech-buss-geeks have a nice vacation........seems well deserved.........

Drive on........(Enjoy the drive.......)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Archived