HOW SAD TO SEE TECHNOMADIA NO LONGER BLOGGING

FULLTIMEWANABE

I'm sure there are many of you out there like I that have over the years enjoyed and been so grateful for the knowledge shared on all aspects of the Full Time RVing lifestyle with us. Many we've stumbled across on forums like this, so it deeply saddened me to read this posted below on Technomadia's website today. It never fails to blow my mind how people can be so darn critical and evil to cause bad feelings to those that have plowed their heart and soul into something that has benefited so many. I don't know whether it's envy, jealousy or what but I hope there's a lot of us still out there that will show our support of all that folks like these have shared with us. It's impossible to name everyone, but webs/blogs I personally follow besides all the kind souls here on the forums that have helped me unbelievably such as Wheelingit ; Roadslesstraveled; Gonewiththewynns; travelwithkevinandruth; Pastor Scott, and new but wonderful different perspective Camperschronicle.

If any blogger is not your cuppa tea, then just move on and say nothing, but to countless others we benefit tenfold from the contributions most make.

I hope those of you not aware can offer some support to Cherie and Chris to encourage them to keep on doing what they've been doing so well for so long.

Here's a cut and paste from their blog today :( :

We’ve been receiving a lot of ‘Hate’ lately. It’s just too much.

For everyone who has ever hated on our gs and ms, or Chris’ hat, or the angle of our lampshade, or other grammer, or the volume of our audio, or the misspellings, or the oh gasp.. she talks more than him.. or the the ‘you’re not worthy’ comments.. or the ‘ you’ve got a premium membership service.. you are shady’ comments… or ‘you’re not presenting my state fully’.. or.. whatever your complaint is with us…

You win. Good bye. For now.

Maybe we’ll back. Maybe we won’t.

But we’ve grown tired of sharing peeks of our personal lives with the public just be met with occasional thanks (while seeing other bloggers met with an outpouring of support), but a lot of criticism and ‘corrections’.

We need time for ourselves. As individuals. As a couple.

————–

Morning Update:

I’m leaving the above intact and unedited. While it was influenced by too much wine last night, the end effects stand true this morning. And it’s raw, and authentic.

We need to take a break and re-focus on ourselves.

We know there are way more of you who love and appreciate us than criticize. And we know that it is our own internal happiness & balance that does not allow us to see that as clearly right now. Yes, ‘haters are going to hate’ – but right now, we just don’t have the strength to keep a smile on our faces.

We appreciate your understanding in that. Thank you for having traveled along thus far. I do suspect we’ll be back in some form.

We know there are way more of you who love and appreciate us than criticize. And we know that it is our own internal happiness & balance that does not allow us to see that as clearly right now

That is the key sentence in the entire quote. As one who has done a bit of that, I consider it a wise decision. A good blog requires attention on a frequent basis with little time off and quickly becomes a major job. If I were to make a suggestion to them it would be that when/if they open the blog again the not open it to public replies.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Hey I get it, we keep a blog that doesn’t even come close to what they do and it takes a lot of time. I can’t imagine what they go through and the time they must spend doing just that alone without taking into account the other things they have to offer.

Even the small “nothing compared to their” blog we keep I have had people criticize my spelling and grammar, I don’t get it, but I know it gets old. And we don’t have a fraction of the followers they do so I can only imagine how many “not so friendly” responses they may get. I would think that IF they really enjoy doing the blog they will be back and will ignore the haters.

I know after keeping our blog for 3 years I’m actually taking a break myself just because, well I need a break LOL!! Not because I don’t enjoy it.

I personally have not met them (I tried once in Q but they were surrounded by followers and we just moved on), nor have I commented much on their blog but that does not mean I have not referred to it when I needed technical questions answered. It is a very useful and helpful blog. Over my head most of the time but useful LOL!!

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Cherie and Chris, may you enjoy a splendid vacation from some of the ugly side of life. May you rediscover the beauty of humanity and of each other. Travel safely and securely, but with a wonderful lift to your wings. You have both earned it, many times over. And when you return to the blogsworld in whatever form you choose--if you do so choose--may you come with spirits and minds rejuvenated and strong. Bless you and thank you!

Full-timing and enjoying every minute.

Blog: www.agingonwheels.com

Hoping they are checking the forums such as this one. That way I can at least thank them for what they have done so far and hopefully will learn more from them in the future.

If not - hey, we're in Oregon now until the new year.

We have wine and will share :)

Berkshire XL 40QL

Camphosting and touring

The only way we've kept our blogs going has been to turn off and ban all comments and email. The few haters and the bazillions of spammers are gone!

It's sad that it came to this; it's been said that the scariest thing for a writer is that you get _no_ letters to the editor. But the few people who know us and could track us down let us know that at least some read and appreciate the blogs, so that's fine.

Chris and Cherie, take a long break, and if you're willing to simply cut off the haters, come on back. We've enjoyed and learned from your efforts.

-C&J-

CG reviews & more - www.fugawetribe.com

You've been the best I've seen for tech. I've not followed your blog, but the links Jack and others here have pointed me to have been on point, concise, and clear to lay person and techie alike.

The only thing you guys have done wrong in the eyes of some, is to be smart, and technically informed as much as you are technically informative to others.

In my leadership experience, my peers sometimes weren't. Today we see a preponderance of the insecure banding together to condemn the educated, try to deride the capable, and impugn the credible. They hate you because you are right, and they think like themselves you are making it up like they do so those types keep sharpshooting thinking they will eventually catch you out. And they become more hatefully full of spite that they can't, because we really know our stuff or would not be doing it. It isn't about popularity, or being a big frog in a small pond. You can't teach them because willful ignorance, unlike intelligence, has no limits. And they will only operate anonymously, or get others to fight their battles. Usually an authority figure. What the suck ups don't realize is that every leader sees the brown nosers clearly. The ones who don't get their group's morale damaged by their constant poisoning the well, are the ones who disempower them.

They treat you unfairly because they know you won't do the same. Your own ethics are only a liability when dealing with the unethical.

Having said that, I admit to discrimination. I divide the world into just two groups, the axeholes and everyone else. (An axe head is hard with a sharp tongue and filled with wood.) I find about 10-20% are axeholes and the other 80-90% are wonderful folks with no half hidden agendas, no axe to grind.

I have no idea who or what has you doubting the esteem you are held in. Doesn't matter to me. But you are needed for the very reason you are getting attacked. Put simply, you know your stuff and can teach it without demeaning others. They don't have to be losers for you to win. But those others think you do for them to feel tall. Funny, it seems they just shrink more, and become obvious to all.

Glad you got it out of your system. Take all the time you need, two, three minutes if you need it. Then get back to work!

This came up before so rather than repeat a long post, go here: http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=108746&p=669745

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I truly have appreciated the work Cherie and Chris have put in. I don't know why some people can be so mean. Everyone

Is not the same, we don't look the same, nor do we act the same. That's what makes us interesting.

Please don't let those rude, mean people ruin it for you, or selfishly, for us.

Step back and take a break if you need to, but know most of us will be missing your unique perspective and do care about you and

what you have to say :-)

The weird people and mean-spirited people can be a "handful" at times. I don't have a conventional blog with comments, but I do share my email. The amount of negative mail - on (really) minor points - is astounding. Until you reflect on the anonymous nature of the Internet. It does tend to bring out the "best" in the crazies....

Sometimes you just need a break.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Wow Chris and Cherie you worked so hard on your blogs. Take a well deserved break and enjoy some of the other aspects of living. I remember when I first introduced myself on a site for young traveling Technological RVers. I won't mention here.

What the haters have to remember is when they point one finger; three are pointing back. And that person in the mirror just may be the ugliest creature they evr looked at!

I hope to see you back on in the near future as I am getting older and have some major health issues. Always liked reading your blog and comments!

:) Living Life One Day At A Time!

Had never heard of them until this posting. So googled them and read some of their blog. Lot of information. My wife has a blog, but mostly just of our travels. Sometimes I think she adds to many pictures. Really don't get to many postings from people. Only have one unhappy post when we toured the tent city at Maricopa, AZ.

Sorry to hear they are having so many haters attacking them.

Chris and Cherie had an extremely busy year with lots of problem solving to be done. This is just a little burn out. They need a break.

I found their seminars at the Tucson Escapade last March to be thoroughly enjoyable and highly informative.

They were like a well oiled machine as they went back and forth supporting each other's delivery.

I'm looking forward to seeing them again in Essex Junction next summer.

I/we daily enjoy the vlog of most named and MORE! Sadly nearly all of the vlogers have or are experiencing the same postings of a few loud a-holes. I/we for one/two enjoy and are not perfect enough to judge their hard work to share a look into their lives. Hopefully after a rest they will return. The harassment is the work of punks in the shadows who cannot function in the real physical world!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

I was also sad to read their post, but understand completely. We don't blog, but we do run an RV-related forum and the haters and nastiness have been on the increase to the point we rarely post on our own forum and we no longer share our location or photos. This year has been especially bad; I suspect it's a side effect of having that many more people following what you do.

I hope Cherie and Chris can regain some normalcy and privacy in their lives. It is well deserved for all the useful information they have shared so unselfishly.

I never considered Facebook as a blogging platform. However, Facebook does have filters that can keep out the riff-raf and allow only those who ask permission to join. I haven't delved into all the features of Facebook but as bloggers, they should not give up so easily.

Lance-white-sands-500.jpg

~Rich

Cherie and Chris,

Thank you for sharing your honesty with all of us. Take a break, relax and enjoy all of the wonderful things we have in this world....if and when you choose to blog again I am sure it will be a great as ever!

Look forward to seeing you in Quartzsite!

Stay well and safe travels,

Les and Sue

http://ramblingrvrat.blogspot.com/?m=1

GOD Bless America!

GOD Bless Texas!

GOD Bless All of our Troops!

"CHARACTER is doing the right thing when no one is looking"

'09 International Durastar 4400 LP Customized by 2L Custom Trucks

'20 DRV Mobile Suites 40KSSB4, '10 H-D FLHRC Road King Classic, '09 Honda Rebel AmeriDeck M/C Loader in Truck Garage, Polaris RZR 570 EPS 10 - 320W Solar Panels, 4- Simpliphi 3.8 kWh 151A Lithium batteries, Victron Multiplus 3000W inverters, Victron 250/70 Charge Controllers, Progressive hardwired 50 AMP EMS, Class of 2012!

1221594356_ProfilePic.jpg.9b4d57a43f182efadbcaf4db7556bb2e.jpg

Chere did the blog, and a great one! The "haters" are what I call reverse horn-blowers. Reverse horn-blowers have little in their lives to make them feel important, so-they belittle others to make themselves feel and look better.

My wife and I had the pleasure to spend some time with Chris and Chere at NASKW/Sigsbee RV park during January of 14, they are very friendly and helpful people. Their blog is very interesting and IMO, entertaining.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Technomadia is what I call a quasi-commercial site -- that is, an attractive, informative blog with a commercial "back door" for selling stuff. In Technomadia's case, their products are the Mobile Internet Handbook, Mobile Internet Aficionados, and Personalized Advising Sessions.

I don't begrudge them their commercial endeavor . . . in fact, I applaud it. Kudos!

Though I haven't purchased any of Technomedia's offerings, judging from comments on this forum and others, Technomedia appears to have good products.

However, that's not always the case with these types of blogs. For example, a while back I bought an ebook from an Escapees poster/blogger and found that the book was copied nearly verbatim from a public domain source.

So?

To me when you start selling services on your blog, I see myself as a potential customer, not, as in this case, one of Cherie or Chris's blog buddies. To me, this is a whole different relationship than a non-commercial blog.

So, bloggers, as soon as you start selling something -- no matter how well-intentioned or soft handed, you're going to have to put up with the BS that will surely follow or get out of the kitchen.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

One thing which I've not seen mentioned in this thread, since we are discussing things that they have to offer, is the fact that they also do programs each year at Escapade. We are very fortunate to have them there each year as I believe that they are half of the two very best RV advisers on internet issues that are out there anywhere. Not only are they "super geeks" but they are friendly and anxious to help anyone! You wont go wrong if you follow advice from either of them.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Chere did the blog, and a great one! The "haters" are what I call reverse horn-blowers. Reverse horn-blowers have little in their lives to make them feel important, so-they belittle others to make themselves feel and look better.

My wife and I had the pleasure to spend some time with Chris and Chere at NASKW/Sigsbee RV park during January of 14, they are very friendly and helpful people. Their blog is very interesting and IMO, entertaining.

Good post! I hope to get to meet them when we begin our travels!

X2 Ray! Well said, along with many others.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived