Need recommendations on a mail forwarding service in Pahrump NV

horizon36

We just became members of the Pair-a-Dice SKP Co-op in Pahrump NV. We currently use a UPS store in our old home town in NV as our mail service, which has worked well for us over the years. Now that we will be wintering in Pahrump we want to change our license tags, driver licenses etc to Pahrump. There's no smog test required for the Jeep, tags for the RV and Jeep are less and insurance is a bit less. We also opened a bank account at a local community bank and plan to consolidate our banking there.

Anyway, I need to find a reliable mail forwarder in the Pahrump valley and would like to hear about your experience with them. There are only 3-4 and I want some feedback before I pick one.

Thanks for the input.

Full time since August 2010

2002 Itasca Horizon

One fur kid - a Shih-Tsu rescue

Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd

Maybe I'm missing something but why do you need one there? Why not Escapees service? If not that I'd look at America's Mailbox in SD. We used them and had 0 issues.

2007 Arctic Fox 32.5 rls for full-timing, now sold.

2014 Sunnybrook Sunset Creek 267rl for the local campgrounds now that we are off the road
2007 Silverado 2500 diesel

Loving Green Valley, AZ (just South of Tucson)

Earl, we don't want to change states and plan to stay NV residents. Escapees does not have a mail service here.

Griff, why did you choose them over Wallys?

2002 Itasca Horizon

Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd

Earl, we don't want to change states and plan to stay NV residents. Escapees does not have a mail service here.

Using the Escapees mail forwarding service does NOT change your state of domicile unless you take steps to make it so (driver's licenses, vehicle registration, etc.).

I don't understand why you can't use the Pair-A-Dice address as your domicile address and then use the Escapees mail forwarding service when you're traveling. That's what we do...we're snowbirds and when we get ready to leave in the winter to head south, we have the post office forward all our mail to our Escapees mail forwarding address.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

IMHO but: I don't think you can maintain NV as your official domicile and obtain an AZ drivers license. You must, I believe, obtain your drivers license in you state of residence. You can register a vehicle in another state where it is primarily "garaged". You could have a NV DL with AZ plates legally. Vehicle insurance would be based on where it is registered.

If you want to remain a NV resident and the PO box is working for you, why change. Having multiple addresses and multiple mail forwarding services when you travel is just unnecessarily complicated.

IMHO but: I don't think you can maintain NV as your official domicile and obtain an AZ drivers license.

They're not planning on getting AZ driver's licenses...Pahrump is in Nevada and they're already Nevada residents.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Maybe I'm missing something but why do you need one there? Why not Escapees service? If not that I'd look at America's Mailbox in SD. We used them and had 0 issues.

Would guess the reason is - USPS will only hold mail for (their NV residence) one month.

IMO - why not SKPs? - since the OP *is* a NV resident, and is *not* looking for a different domicile -

seems they would have a handy *option* to pick up mail in person or have it forwarded (?)

BTW - Ditto on xln't service from Americas Mailbox, SD.

Does the co-op forward mail?

We use our address here and the office will forward to us as needed.

Jim & Vickie
'07 F150
'10 Chalet XL1935
Chimacum, Wa

Evergreen Coho SKP Park Website:

http://www.evergreencohoskprvpark.com/

Evergreen Coho SKP on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evergreen-Coho-SKP-RV-Park/563601217103332

Horizon36,

When we did a search for mail forwarding services in Pahrump we only found 2: MMM and UPS. We found negative reviews for UPS. MMM has very reasonable membership rates. And, since MMM has been around since 1978 this cinched the deal for us. Like you, we are full-time RVers. We have had 2 prior mail forwarding services since 2005. However, we are moving our residence to NV (Pahrump) because we are at risk of losing our medical insurance plan if we stay as residents of SD. Also, as you know, the Nye County DMV has some very good perks. Hopefully, this addresses your question.

Griff

Thanks for allthe comments. Yes, we are NV residents and planto stay that way. Sounds like the UPS store is out. MMM is still an option, but another choi e is JB mail service. We'll use the co op address as our physical address, but the mail service as the mailing address.

Post office will onlyhold mail for a relatively short period, and not act as a forwarding service. As observed we are Nevada residents and don't see a reason to change. There's a good chance we'll eventually buy a house here. Wintering at the co op gives us a chance to check out the area.

2002 Itasca Horizon

Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd

• 2 weeks later...

I suggest you do as we do. We live in GA and travel the summer months. USPS delivers our mail here when we are home. When we leave, I forward (online: https://www.usps.com/manage/forward.htm ) our mail to our mail forwarder. This can be done for up to 6 months. IF we are gone longer I extend it. If we get back earlier I change the unforward date. Very simple and works well for us.

Safe travels

Paul

Paul and Eugenia Bozeman

Living our dream aboard the Road Cottage

Somewhere on the back roads of North America

bozeman@theroadcottage.com

I suggest you do as we do. We live in GA and travel the summer months. USPS delivers our mail here when we are home. When we leave, I forward (online: https://www.usps.com/manage/forward.htm ) our mail to our mail forwarder. This can be done for up to 6 months. IF we are gone longer I extend it. If we get back earlier I change the unforward date. Very simple and works well for us.

Safe travels

Paul

I do the same thing when we are gone for the winter.

We decided on a local mail forwarding service run by former full timers. When we're in town we can pick up our mail and have it forwarded when we're not. Thanks for all the input.

2002 Itasca Horizon

Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd

• 6 months later...

Hi,

We decided on a local mail forwarding service run by former full timers. When we're in town we can pick up our mail and have it forwarded when we're not. Thanks for all the input.

We're also looking into this matter, and found these guys: http://www.jbmailroom.com/

Are they the one you chose? If not, which one? Also, how's your experience with your provider so far?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks,

--

Vall And Mo.

Getting ready to join the RV full-time lifestyle in 2017!

• 3 months later...

I would also like to know who you decided to use. Please fill us in!

By the way, I recently corresponded with another fulltimer who domiciles in Nevada and they use this outfit: https://travelingmailbox.com/

Lodestar Knife & Tool

Dozens of vintage and custom knives for sale!

2008 Ford Ranger 4x4, 2014 Scamp 13

• 2 weeks later...

We chose J&B Mailroom and are really happy after a year of using them. Marianne, the owner, is very easy to work with. When we are wintering in Pahrump we can meet up with her and get our mail. When traveling we just call and give her the address to send our mail to and she sends it Priority mail. She does not charge to put the mail in the envelope or up charge for the postage. And as I already said, we are very happy with the service. Here's a link http://www.jbmailroom.com/

2002 Itasca Horizon

Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd

Archived