2017 West Coast Rally - Caldwell Idaho

MrSeas

43 minutes ago, tyates007 said:

That is a great place. Until moving to Washington a few years ago I lived an hour and a half south of these Dunes. We rode the probably 20 times a year. Sand Hill  Resort is really nice for Families. We started staying at Dunes RV a few years ago due to the new owner being so accommodating and not charging extra for kids and dogs ect. Either place you stay the riding is outstanding. We will be passing through but probably won't stop. We will be staying in Island Park and West Yellowstone for the week after the WCR. 

We have stayed at Sandhill Park twice and loved it.  Not sure how we made it under the radar, but they haven't charged us anything extra for dogs ?

Too bad you can't stop, we could have an after rally party....lol

We usually venture out to the Ice Caves near Saint Anthony or up to the falls.  Have not quite made it into Yellowstone yet.

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott/Chad

we got to see the tentative schedule for the rally and it looks like folks will have a great time.

Has there been any thought for alternate activities for the DW group?  Now, while I am quite sure that each and every presenter will be so dynamic and charismatic that we will be on the edge of our seats, there might just be some folks in the group who enjoy the comfort and convenience which our hdt's provide them, but are not so enthralled with how to build them or make them better.

:ph34r:

John

John

Southern Nevada

event.png

I think "quilting" was already mentioned as a possible activity.

Caldwell has some offerings in the way of "wine tasting" and winery hopping.  Also some  "micro breweries" in the surrounding areas.

http://sunnyslopewinetrail.com/

Maybe some antiquing.....might be some good finds.

Shopping in the "big city" of Boise 30 or so miles away.

This is our "first" try at having so many presentations......past rallies we just "hung out" and socialized!

Suggestions or ideas anyone?

Oh and by the way.......we are very close to 20 rigs registered!

My DW is checking with a local art facility that will bring all supplies needed for a couple hour class at the RV park meeting room. I will chime back in when I have more info if this has any interest. The wine tour may see us driving to pick up our DW's. ;)   :D

great idea

16 minutes ago, RickS said:

My DW is checking with a local art facility that will bring all supplies needed for a couple hour class at the RV park meeting room. I will chime back in when I have more info if this has any interest.

Great idea.....keep us informed!

9 hours ago, VegasFlyer said:

We have stayed at Sandhill Park twice and loved it.  Not sure how we made it under the radar, but they haven't charged us anything extra for dogs ?

Too bad you can't stop, we could have an after rally party....lol

We usually venture out to the Ice Caves near Saint Anthony or up to the falls.  Have not quite made it into Yellowstone yet.

We may see if we can stop. A post rally would be fun. 

I agree not everyone will be enthralled by all the presentations.  We still like to keep the rally a social event as well as an information sharing event.  I like some of the above suggestions.  The presentations are not meant to dominate the rally.  I put the schedule together to block out some times so people had an idea of what was available to them.  I know my presentations won't need there full allotment (unless I get a lot of questions, which I am happy to answer).  There should be lots of free time for people to gather and socialize and do other things.  I have made some good friends at past rallies and expect to do so again.  

Also for those interested, I'll be opening up my rig for tours.  I'm happy to show off DRV's latest and greatest to anyone interested.  I am kind of an RV geek and like talking about all aspects of RV'ing, not just the technical stuff.  I'm still a working stiff too, so the Rally is a vacation for me and I like to have fun and relax when I'm on vacation. ;)

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

8 hours ago, RickS said:

After you help me get those panels on the roof you can go and relax!   :D

Rick,

Don't you think it would be more "adventurous" to have folks "socialize" quite heavily and then have the group go work on your solar panel system??  Seems like LOTs of ideas would be flowing then......

Just askin....lol

John

Southern Nevada

event.png

On 3/17/2017 at 6:25 PM, RickS said:

Seems like the spots were going to be limited. Better book soon. ;)

If we stop it will just be for a day to ride and catch up since it will have been several hours since we saw everybody ?  There is a large day use parking area just across the road from Sandhills. That is where we would park. 

On 3/18/2017 at 5:43 PM, dan412 said:

Reservation booked today looking forward to seeing everyone. 

Great.  Looking forward to meeting you.

On 3/17/2017 at 11:26 PM, RickS said:

After you help me get those panels on the roof you can go and relax!   :D

That type of work is what I like to do on my time off (just ask Tahoe Shark). ;)

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

1 minute ago, MrSeas said:

Happy first day of Spring everyone!

The 2017 WCR is moving right along.

As of today 21 registrations with 18 RV sites filled!

Very nice.  Sounds like it is going to be an excellent rally.

event.png    

1 hour ago, Chad Heiser said:

That type of work is what I like to do on my time off (just ask Tahoe Shark). ;)

Chad definately gets a 5 star rating. He has the knowledge and the skills to move the job along quickly. He loves working on this stuff. He and I (mostly Chad, I was the grunt) installed a complete solar system from the ground up in 2 1/2 days. 1400 watts and 675 a/h AGM battery bank with two inverters. I can't wait to try it out.

Tim & Cheryl
2015 Mobile Suites 39 TKSB3
2009 Volvo 670 D13 I-Shift  “Walter”

Happily Living Somewhere In Nevada

649EF470-4F2A-4D47-8AB9-AFD3462E24F4.jpeg

1 minute ago, Tahoe Shark said:

Chad definately gets a 5 star rating. He has the knowledge and the skills to move the job along quickly. He loves working on this stuff. He and I (mostly Chad, I was the grunt) installed a complete solar system from the ground up in 2 1/2 days. 1400 watts and 675 a/h AGM battery bank with two inverters. I can't wait to try it out.

Thanks for the complement.  It was a fun weekend.  Too bad you guys can't make the rally to show it off.  Have you replaced the bad switch yet?

event.png    

2 minutes ago, Chad Heiser said:

Thanks for the complement.  It was a fun weekend.  Too bad you guys can't make the rally to show it off.  Have you replaced the bad switch yet?

The switch was ordered and will be in this week. I will go down and add the ground and reinstall the switch this weekend. 

Tim & Cheryl
2015 Mobile Suites 39 TKSB3
2009 Volvo 670 D13 I-Shift  “Walter”

Happily Living Somewhere In Nevada

649EF470-4F2A-4D47-8AB9-AFD3462E24F4.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

My DW asked that this be passed on to your DW's if they don't read the forum.

On Saturday June 17/2017 at 10:00 am  a Paint Session for the WCR has been booked at the RV park. A local artist would provide all the necessary tools: canvas, paint, brushes, etc. The instructor would teach us to paint a picture. It would be something fun for all the woman to do together. If any of the gentlemen are interested, they are also welcome. The cost is $20.00 each and is scheduled for 2 hours.  Please advise ASAP if you are interested because we need at least 10 people for the instructor to come do this for us. I’m sure everyone would enjoy this and it could possibly become a yearly event.

Painting_1.jpg

Tom,

My DW will be attending the painting class at 10:00 am while I will be attending the solar seminar that Chad is doing. Then the presentation by Gregg of RV Haulers. These two events overlap. So, we will have to get a count of those only attending the Painting session.

Reminder of the event schedule before this was added. Maybe this could get revised by Chad

Rick

Archived