If you are in Texas - HDT's are not welcome at Buc-ees

Big5er

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ask the main owners why you were sent away.

Buc-ee's, Ltd is a chain of convenience stores located in the Central and Gulf Coast region of Texas. The company is owned by Arch "Beaver" Aplin III & Don Wasek and has its headquarters in Lake Jackson, Texas.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

I would caution everyone to not judge all locations of a chain business by the actions of one manager.

I agree, one person that does not understand us or is not properly trained doesn't mean we should ban the company.

I'm sorry this happened to you Phil it can definitely make you mad and be embarrassing at the same time.

A nice email to the company to let them know we are RVs just like the big DPs wouldn't hurt.

I have never had an issue at any of the 10 or so different Buc-ees I have visited (numerous times each) until this morning when I stopped at the Buc-ees in Baytown. I went to top off my fuel tanks and general manager Jason came out and told me I had to leave (at the same time telling someone on the other end of his radio to shut off my pump). I inquired as to why I couldn't get fuel and he stated that Buc-ee's policy is "No 18 wheelers". I explained that I was registered as a motorhome (pointed out the license plates), towed only my personal travel trailer, had no airlines/gladhands for a trailer and no commercial hitch. I even showed him a picture of my whole rig while explaining that I was no different that the truck at the pump next to me (an F-450 which has the same number of tires, pulling a 3 axle toy hauler). He reiterated that Buc-ees policy is "No 18 wheelers" and that I "looked" like the picture (stick figure of a tractor and box trailer) on their signs. I asked that since he was the "General Manager" he couldn't make his own decision based on facts rather than what my truck "looked" like? He re-stated that I needed to leave their property. Well, Buc-ees $1.79 diesel wasn't worth arguing over, so I left. Obviously Bucc-ees General Managers are not capable of logic, only repeating the corporate line. I guess Raceway and $1.85 diesel it is.

Shucks big5er......the gen mgr was just pullin your chain......(the chain on your trucker wallet).......everything is bigger in Tex including the ribbing ..........

Actually commercial trucks DO frequent Buc-ees........these are the trucks that haul the fuel that you almost had to beg to buy......bet the chips, nuts and ........Dr. Pepper all arrived in a BUNCH of those darn commercial rigs with a bunch of wheels on them.....

I suppose the lost diesel sales might not worry the store owners too much .....BUT......if they had any idea how much Dr. Pepper sales they lost ........well let's just say that your pup would not be the only one pooing & Booing........

Ya know........some days ya just gotta ponder.......how much will it take ........make America great again........

Drive on........(some days large trucks don't get much.......love)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Glenn,

We recently returned to visit my sister in N. Texas and gas was more expensive by 10 cents/gal there than in Tennessee where we live. Like you, I thought it would be cheaper.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

I would caution everyone to not judge all locations of a chain business by the actions of one manager.

But that is human nature. You may be a Ford, Dodge or Chevy owner all your life but get one lemon and you will remember it forever. That manager IS the face of Buc-ees. And in this case, he was a lemon. And just like that lemon vehicle that everyone complains about and talks about for the rest of their lives, I will talk about the lemon of a manager that I met at Buc-ees.

As an aside, I found a place that has much better jerky than buc-eyes. It's in Centerville,Tx...a little north from the Buc-ees in Madisonville. Woody's Smokehouse is pretty good. Big enough to fuel at, although limited pumps, and Dred thought the grass was a fabulous place to poo.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Ask the main owners why you were sent away.

Buc-ee's, Ltd is a chain of convenience stores located in the Central and Gulf Coast region of Texas. The company is owned by Arch "Beaver" Aplin III & Don Wasek and has its headquarters in Lake Jackson, Texas.

No answer back from the company the last two working days! Sent them a link to this discussion this morning.

We'll see!

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

LOL....they haven't replied to your email or mine, Rocky. Is that confirmation that their customer service sucks, or confirmation that they don't want our kind at their stations?

2014 smart Fortwo

Well, no response from Bucee's. I guess we have our answer, eh?

Publication1_zpsasncackf.jpg

I wonder if I could get that made into a window decal?

2014 smart Fortwo

Perhaps a blitz of bad press here and other places. Never heard of them before this thread, I will never

patronize them because of it.

Steve

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

I was nice and asked them if they would pass up Millions of sales per year? AS if a few starts telling everyone how they think of RV's. It can take away lots of sales. Know it will just go into the trash, but never know it may hit a nerve.

Few years back, email to Walmart here. In less than 24 hours, I got 3 calls 2 from the local store asking me to please never email corporate again. But that was after the VP had called me. And for a long time, when my wife or I walked into that walmart. They were opening checkout's fast. They would let 5 deep stand 30 minutes. But after that, not again. :D

event.png

Timon - My trailer was attached when I stopped. And I was parked out in the back of the lot (way out of traffic flow). Manager came out - we don't want you here, go park in the street or the Walmart. We went to the Walmart - shopped - went to their Subway shop and moved on.

We stopped with 4 other motorhomes, we were all travelling together, I got on the walkie and told them about it and we all cranked up and went across the street.

Meanwhile, there were straight trucks there, service trucks with trailer (contractor types) delivery types (shopping)

This is the second time that this has happened to us, both times with the trailer. Our shadow will never cross their driveway again.

I guess that answers my question about just one bad manager?

Beginning to sound like not only do they not want the truck in there but they're very rude about handling it.

Archived