New high-end fiver announced

earlvillestu

There is a need for mid $100K market for fifth-wheels. It mentions the debut is at the Dynamax Division headquarters. Dynamax has a good track record for high end units.

It looks like Forest River is being smart and growing an acquisition rather than forcing into the "company line" like what often happens with Thor purchases.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

I will wait until I see the specs and how it is built. Just building it in a FORMER Carriage plant will not make it a decent RV.

I want to see if they build it with a decent frame, and decent running gear or the standard cheap Lippert frame.

ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

I will wait until I see the specs and how it is built. Just building it in a FORMER Carriage plant will not make it a decent RV.

I want to see if they build it with a decent frame, and decent running gear or the standard cheap Lippert frame.

ken

Yep, Forest River didn't acquire Carriage. Putting big TV's and gel coat and a Bose sound system sure doesn't equate to "high end". Quality construction requires a labor cost commitment most RV manufacturers are not willing to make. We will see.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

I agree with Mark that there is a need for a high quality 5er in the 150-175K area. In fact New Horizons is bringing such a product to market. It will be seen at the Hershey Show, where there will be two rigs - the high end Majestic and the "mid priced" Majestic. The infrastructure is the same. They will also be at Tampa. And ALSO at Tampa will be an HDT with the New Horizons. Gregg will be showing a 730 there. Striped to match the New Horizons. I'll be helping out. So come and see the best tow vehicle and the *"best" trailer to tow at Tampa.

* "best" is sometimes in the eyes of the beholder. But the New Horizons, Forks and Spacecraft are certainly the best of the customs. Depending on what you want.....

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Little different product line there, Mark. FR already has the "Dynamax" motorized line, that I like. We're talking towables here. I don't see anything in FR's product line but room for improvement. Our Dynamax Trilogy was an earlier attempt by FR to break into the $100+ club, but I don't see it as a big improvement over a comparable Jayco Pinnacle, or DRV. Now that they've pulled the plug on the Dynamax towable line, I'm a bit jaded, as that cut the bargaining legs out from under us with the dealer. With no product line expected next year, they weren't really worried about our recommendations for or against a Dynamax.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

• 6 months later...

A Fuzion 5th wheel is high end enough for me. We really couldn't find one with more quality and free space. Dual patio's, for us, was the only way to go.

We're not here for a LONG TIME, we're here for a GOOD TIME! HOOH! :rolleyes:

'16 F350 DRW PSD CCLB, LKR Fx4, WH Platinum Tri, 4.3LSD, MR, PullRite OE 25K 5th, High CT, EB Heater, Tailgate Step, Recon RL's, Air Lift System, TruXcedo Lopro, DZ TG Assist, KC Lights, Pop&Lock TG, Cable Lock,'16 Fuzion 420 17.5k

A Fuzion 5th wheel is high end enough for me. We really couldn't find one with more quality and free space. Dual patio's, for us, was the only way to go.

Just an aside. Its very hard to read your pist because of the font you have chosen. Plain type works wonders

Thanks

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

After one looks at the glitz on these and many others being offered look at the CCC and the Storage area both inside and out. Some of the "fancy" ones would only allow you to carry 1500-1800# of misc stuff such as food, clothes, water etc. I would guess that most people interested in a $100K trailer is either a fulltimer or a snowbird and they would carry at least need 3000# CCC.

Also check out to see how much pride the company has as to what kind of tires they put on the trailer. Most of the "glitz" manufacturers use cheap import tires on YOUR investment.

2006 Elite Suite 36TK3
2001 F-550 Starhauler
www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
IN GOD WE TRUST

Most 40ish high end campers go over 20k. Some as high as 24k. That would likely max twin 8k axles. Heavier axles not commonly used on our units. Do believe it is a clear sign of light weight

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Actually you have no axles. Heavy pins is a problem with ldt. Teton overloaded mine. Only 21k too

That is the reason I mentioned the MorRyde Independent Suspension (no true axles). I agree with the pin weight being a problem with a LDT though I have a fairly good safety margin with a GVWR of 30.7K and a GCWR of 70K. By the way, I think you are really going to like your new ride, nothing like a 13 to 15 liter engine purring along to bring a smile to your face.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

If you are interested in a mid level (120-160K) 5er take a look at the Luxe by Augusta. It is pretty good bang for buck. If you get into the upper end of the Luxe then take a look at the New Horizons (new) Summit. Totally redesigned and in the 170-180 range. With the same running gear and structure as the Majestic. Also in the upper mid range is a custom Spacecraft. You can do something very nice in a Spacecraft in the 165-170 range. Pretty heavily customized.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

That is the reason I mentioned the MorRyde Independent Suspension (no true axles). I agree with the pin weight being a problem with a LDT though I have a fairly good safety margin with a GVWR of 30.7K and a GCWR of 70K. By the way, I think you are really going to like your new ride, nothing like a 13 to 15 liter engine purring along to bring a smile to your face.

News is saying at least another week for I-10 to open up. Even then unsure if bridge damage. Routing us up to Shreveport over to Dallas. What a trip. Truck ready.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

• 2 weeks later...

Archived