Are You Still In?

Guest cindona

Time to update this thread! For those new to it, it was started by another in 2011 one year after I bought 1000 shares of Tesla on IPO in 2010 for $17-$22.5 over a few months as it popped and dropped and popped and dropped. This was just two years after the great recession of 2008, when TARP and the Auto industry bailouts were put in place in October 3, 2008. (https://www.thebalance.com/tarp-bailout-program-3305895)

What a ride! Some missed it all, some did not, some watched.

This thread is a snapshot of the market with those that had investor PTSD from losing big in the great recession of 2008, and a chronicle of its recovery and amazing growth from 2011 to today.

I held those share for eight years and sold for about 1500%. That bought my house and Tesla Model Y here in Colorado. The house has has already increased in value by about 33%. My friend who sold his Y, bought his Tesla right at $50-52k same as I did last year, to buy a new Tesla Model S Plaid, got $60k for his Model Y with over 20k miles on it which is $10k more than he bought it for. Mine just went over ~2k miles and the dealer in Denver said he will pay more for mine. Some folks cannot wait. I may order a new Tesla Plaid like he did as an investment and sell mine to pay about half of it.

Last year just after Tesla split it dropped only once to just below $350, and I had already put a buy order in for a very big block of shares (for me, five times what I invested in the original shares) and got them @$350.00 It has more than doubled since and more than a few analysts have a price target of $1000, for it.

Tomorrow they do their earnings report after close of business:

"Tesla Earnings Preview: Here’s What to Watch for

Oct 19, 2021 7:35AM EDT

Tesla (TSLA) is scheduled to report third-quarter 2021 earnings on October 20, after the market closes. In the past year, shares of the electric vehicle behemoth have ballooned almost 102% and are currently trading at over $870. A strong earnings print could boost investors’ confidence, so let’s take a closer look at what analysts on the Street are expecting.

Analyst Recommendations

Prior to the third-quarter Tesla earnings report, Wedbush analyst Daniel Ives has maintained a Buy rating and a price target of $1,000 (18.62% upside potential) on the Tesla stock.

Ives anticipates another beat in the third quarter.

The analyst said, “We believe the current supply chain issues has taken roughly 40,000 cars off the annual numbers for Tesla and despite this dynamic, we believe Musk & Co. should be near the ~900,000 mark for 2021 with a 1.3 million/1.4 million unit bogey for 2022.”

Overall, the stock has a Hold consensus rating based on 12 Buys, 7 Holds, and 7 Sells.

Source: https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/tesla-earnings-preview%3A-heres-what-to-watch-for-2021-10-19

I think this thread provides an interesting insight to many of us here and some now gone, as we faced our own generation's equivalent to 1929's Black Friday.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images