Classes of 2008 and 2009

Emerald Cove is still my favorite RV park out of all the ones we visited. The membership we had expired so we didn't have the option of reselling it but I highly recommend taking advantage of the Lavin's ability to do so if you can.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Emerald Cove is still my favorite RV park out of all the ones we visited. The membership we had expired so we didn't have the option of reselling it but I highly recommend taking advantage of the Lavin's ability to do so if you can.

Linda Sand

Thank you Linda. Also anyone purchasing this membership will have the ability to sell it one more time.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

Sure hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Ours was quiet - just Jim, me, turkey and football.

Freddy - time for another update from you. Hope you are behaving yourself and doing all your exercises.

It's cold here in AZ. Only in the 60's for the next week or so. I want that perfect weather that just doesn't exist.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

It's cold here in AZ. Only in the 60's for the next week or so. I want that perfect weather that just doesn't exist.

Oh I wish we had 60s. Mixed rain and snow here today. Lovely. :)

Linda

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Freddy, hope the new hip is doing well. Yep, no cutting horse training for a while!! Mine has been doing fine, but then I haven't done any horse training at all. Hmmm

Toni, that sounds like a great Walmart location. Maybe that is going to be a trend (I hope). Last Walmart we stayed at cost about $110. but I needed that new battery charger.............or did I?

Now we have a new front end on our bus. We are just waiting for the Diamond Shield to be installed tomorrow morning and we'll be through with the "Branson Incident". We did get a different front end as the 2010 front looked better and would still be able to be blended into the side stripes. Now it looks like a 2010 with 2007 headlights. One of a kind bus and it does look pretty good. Finally the battle damage is gone and we can get BessyBus going again. Took from 9/1 to 12/1, but hey, life gets in the way too.

We had a funny thing happen last evening. There were a few storms coming through the area and a tornado watch was put in place. Then the sirens in Red Bay went off and a loud voice came over the speakers and told us to seek shelter now! Well, being from Oklahoma we were watching radar and the storm had already passed about 10 minutes before the warning came out, so that was a good one. Later we were watching local TV and the weather guy was showing some mish mash on the screen and said it was from his "weather app" Whaaaaat! we are trusting our lives to a "weather app"!!!! :o If I want to get wiped out by a tornado we'll go back to Oklahoma and "do it right"!! :rolleyes:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Freddy, hope the new hip is doing well. Yep, no cutting horse training for a while!! Mine has been doing fine, but then I haven't done any horse training at all. Hmmm

Toni, that sounds like a great Walmart location. Maybe that is going to be a trend (I hope). Last Walmart we stayed at cost about $110. but I needed that new battery charger.............or did I?

Now we have a new front end on our bus. We are just waiting for the Diamond Shield to be installed tomorrow morning and we'll be through with the "Branson Incident". We did get a different front end as the 2010 front looked better and would still be able to be blended into the side stripes. Now it looks like a 2010 with 2007 headlights. One of a kind bus and it does look pretty good. Finally the battle damage is gone and we can get BessyBus going again. Took from 9/1to 12/1, but hey, life gets in the way too.

We had a funny thing happen last evening. There were a few storms coming through the area and a tornado watch was put in place. Then the sirens in Red Bay went off and a loud voice came over the speakers and told us to seek shelter now! Well, being from Oklahoma we were watching radar and the storm had already passed about 10 minutes before the warning came out, so that was a good one. Later we were watching local TV and the weather guy was showing some mish mash on the screen and said it was from his "weather app" Whaaaaat! we are trusting our lives to a "weather app"!!!! :o If I want to get wiped out by a tornado we'll go back to Oklahoma and "do it right"!! :rolleyes:

hope you will soon be done with fixing stuff up, and I guess those Alabamians don't know how to deal with tornadoes- not good for the blood pressure!

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

We use the local tornado watch notices to tell us to check NOAA for ourselves to see what we want to do. We did go down to the garage once in the five years we lived in our last apartment because that storm was headed more directly towards us than they usually do. Of course once it hit the suburban heat shield it dissipated. Since this new place is only a couple miles north of the previous place I think we'll still be safe.

Linda

Just a update. My therapist says I am doing great. She is pretty sadistic but has me ahead of schedule. Next Dr. app is the 15th, if he turns me loose we will try to scratch the hitch itch before Christmas.

On another note, We had to put our black cat Colie down yesterday. Had not been well for a while and quit eating a week ago. We are morning but know that he is better off in cat haven. He was 16 years old.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!
Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

Just a update. My therapist says I am doing great. She is pretty sadistic but has me ahead of schedule. Next Dr. app is the 15th, if he turns me loose we will try to scratch the hitch itch before Christmas.

On another note, We had to put our black cat Colie down yesterday. Had not been well for a while and quit eating a week ago. We are morning but know that he is better off in cat haven. He was 16 years old.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Freddy and Delcie

I'm sorry for you loss of Colie. I still miss our cats sometimes.

Sadistic therapists are good news/bad news people. They do tend to get you better faster but...

Linda

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Great news about your recovery. Sorry about Colie. Hope to see you in Arizona.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Freddy and Delcie

That's great news. Sounds like we may see you sooner than later.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Glad to hear you are doing well Freddy. Won't be long now and you'll be on the road again. Also sorry to hear about your kitty. :(

Tina and Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy and Delcie, sorry to hear about your cat. We know how painful it is after loosing a pet. But.......on a high note, good to hear about your rehab going so well. Good luck in getting out by Christmas.

eric and karla

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

• 2 weeks later...

Scratch, Scratch, Scratching the hitch itch. We are in Lubbock Tx. Going to the Ranch tomorrow for a week or two. Then slowly on West.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

Feddy & Delcie have a good trip and take care of that itch! We will be heading West soon after the Holiday. We have lots to see and do along the way so won't really get much into Arizona until late January.

Hope you see you guys this winter!

Have a wonderful Christmas.

Travel safe & take care.

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

Scratch, Scratch, Scratching the hitch itch. We are in Lubbock Tx. Going to the Ranch tomorrow for a week or two. Then slowly on West.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Glad you are able to scratch that itch. We'll see you in Q?

Did you go ahead and sign up for Escapade?

Anyone else sign up yet?

We are considering Escapade before we head for Texas. FMCA has a rally at Rawhide near Chandler the week before Escapade too. Might do that also.

Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Glad you are able to scratch that itch. We'll see you in Q?

We are considering Escapade before we head for Texas. FMCA has a rally at Rawhide near Chandler the week before Escapade too. Might do that also.

Didn't know anything about the FMCA one.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Wow! Two of them back to back. I'd be hiding under the covers for the entire second one--way too many people for me to cope with.

Linda Sand

extreme introvert