Classes of 2008 and 2009

8/1-8/15 Richmond, VA to visit children and grandchildren. Hard to believe just a week and 1/1 ago we were in Cheyenne, WY. Been burning up the highway!!

Lavins, the CG is the Defense Supply Center off of Strathmore exit from I-95 south. It is only 14 mile from Pocahontas State Park. Doug wrote a review on the military campgrounds website. It only has 6 sites, gravel, only 2 pull-thrus, water and electric, no bath house, dump is a block away near the storage area, no commissary or exchange, just a shopette. This just a stop- over place or last resort. Nothing to do here at all for kids so we move to PSP tomorrow per our reservation.

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8/1-8/15 Richmond, VA to visit children and grandchildren. Hard to believe just a week and 1/1 ago we were in Cheyenne, WY. Been burning up the highway!!

Lavins, the CG is the Defense Supply Center off of Strathmore exit from I-95 south. It is only 14 mile from Pocahontas State Park. Doug wrote a review on the military campgrounds website. It only has 6 sites, gravel, only 2 pull-thrus, water and electric, no bath house, dump is a block away near the storage area, no commissary or exchange, just a shopette. This just a stop- over place or last resort. Nothing to do here at all for kids so we move to PSP tomorrow per our reservation.

Where do your children live? My daughter lives in Chesterfield.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

We are in the Sturgis area, skedaddling down to Hill City before the rally starts next week.I really like this area, its funky and fun.Can't move my marker using Apple products so it always has to wait till I fire up the lap top, which I do much less frequently now that I have an Ipad.

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Cool, Chimacum Cafe has good food as well as a couple places in Pt Townsend, Waterside Pizza and Sirens. I'm guessing you will be taking the Ferry from Pt Townsend to Keystone (Coupeville) and then head north off Whidbey Island as you head for Canada. Trust me the Whidbey Island/Anacortes area would be worth a couple of days and you could do a walk on trip with the ferry out through the San Juans to Friday Harbor. All in all a good trip and time well spent enjoying the area. Let me know your schedule and perhaps we can meet up for Lunch or something.

Joe

We're at Evergreen Coho and had to boondock the first night but got a spot yesterday. We'll be here a week. Went to Sirens for lunch (nachos) and walked around a bit. Checking into taking the ferry, would really like to skip the drive through Seattle. A ferry through the San Juans sounds like fun. We'll meet somewhere. Later.

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

the Lavins, my daughter lives in Midlothian in apts on Hayden Run but close enough to Chestgerfield. My son lives across trown in Glen Allen. Are you near the area? We moved over to PSP this morning. Still hot and humid!! But we beat the rain they are calling for. This is going to be fun trying to entertain 2 grandkids on Mon and Tues when they call for MORE rain! Gee, I must be back in VA. That was the joke everytime we took vactaions and returned. I am from Va. Beach but we full time now.

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

We're at Evergreen Coho and had to boondock the first night but got a spot yesterday. We'll be here a week. Went to Sirens for lunch (nachos) and walked around a bit. Checking into taking the ferry, would really like to skip the drive through Seattle. A ferry through the San Juans sounds like fun. We'll meet somewhere. Later.

Tina and Jeff

Right on, glad you got a spot. I like to sit out on the deck at Siren's and watch the world go by. :rolleyes: Last time I took the ferry it cost me about $85.00, but then I measure 66 feet long. I'll pay the money not to have to drive through Seattle. Just make sure you make reservations. Oh and it might be cheaper for each of you to drive on the ferry than to hook up your toad. Over on this side there are several option of places to park, including Spikers RV Resort. :) Then there is the City Park in Oak Harbor and a couple of other parks between here and Anacortes.

I'll be leaving Monday for a few days up in Lynden, actually have to do some work for a change. :o

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

the Lavins, my daughter lives in Midlothian in apts on Hayden Run but close enough to Chestgerfield. My son lives across trown in Glen Allen. Are you near the area? We moved over to PSP this morning. Still hot and humid!! But we beat the rain they are calling for. This is going to be fun trying to entertain 2 grandkids on Mon and Tues when they call for MORE rain! Gee, I must be back in VA. That was the joke everytime we took vactaions and returned. I am from Va. Beach but we full time now.

Carol

No we are in Kentucky right now. Won't get beck to VA until next summer. WE are hoping to work in Urbana next summer to be close to kids. Daughter lives of Hull street and Geneto in Chesterfield. Son in law works for Chesterfield Parks and rec. Maybe someday we will be in the area at the same time.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

We are in the Sturgis area, skedaddling down to Hill City before the rally starts next week.I really like this area, its funky and fun.Can't move my marker using Apple products so it always has to wait till I fire up the lap top, which I do much less frequently now that I have an Ipad.

Sue

Interesting about Sturgis rally. There is now a Sturgis North in Salmon Arm, BC and it is this weekend. Gonna stay away from that one too. Waaaaayyyyy too scary.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Tina and Jeff

You listen to the old master! You do not want to go through Seattle.

Get Joe to give you directions to Lynden and then over to Sumas, WA so that you can avoid Vancouver (if you want to). Fill up on gas before crossing the border and you should be able to reach us with only one tank of gas.

Talk to you when you get closer.

Hugs!

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

You listen to the old master! You do not want to go through Seattle.

Get Joe to give you directions to Lynden and then over to Sumas, WA so that you can avoid Vancouver (if you want to). Fill up on gas before crossing the border and you should be able to reach us with only one tank of gas.

Talk to you when you get closer.

Hugs!

I agree with Toni and Joe. Don't go through Seattle. Take the ferry from Port Townsend to Whidbey island and head north from there. From where you're at it only makes sense. It would be a lot farther to go around anyway.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

We landed in Kalispell yesterday afternoon. Been kind of a whirlwind since! Went for a real nice supper with Jim and Sandie last night. Had to talk fast though...we stopped for an Ice Cream downtown for dessert! More Talk talk Talk...quick.....they got to see our new rig up close for a few seconds...before they were off to get ready to pull out this morning. We slept in and then had errands most of the day. We got it to shower a little.... washed the car this morning! :} It is thundering as I write this and we'll get some more sprinkle tonight. It's 61 tonight and feels sooooo good! We will calm down now and take a breather!Just hope all the fires don't make it over here.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

I agree with Toni and Joe. Don't go through Seattle. Take the ferry from Port Townsend to Whidbey island and head north from there. From where you're at it only makes sense. It would be a lot farther to go around anyway.

Yes, that will be the plan. Need to make reservations and will probably not tow the Jeep. Thanks. Later. :rolleyes:

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

I'm up at Eagle Nest and Verizon doesn't have a tower anywhere near here. I decided to use the Global Access signal to get on the internet then call Verizon in a few day to see if I'm being charged for international calling. I don't think I will be as I am 500 miles from the border.

The weather up here is fabulous. However it gets a little chilly when you get up in the morning and turning the heater on sure feels good. It gets down to 45 just about every night and only get up to the high 70's and Low 80's in the after noon. We have had several thunder boomers since I got here but they don't last long. The place is beautiful I've been out driving just about every day. A fellow LOW member is staying in a commercial Park closer to town, She said there were 40 Elk in the meadow across the road from her the other morning when she got up. Yesterday evening I took her to dinner at Zeb's Bar down in Angle Fire, 9 mile south of here. The Bar has a restaurant in a large back room behind the Bar. The food was Excellent. When we got back home we talked until nearly 10 PM. All the other LOW members ears are probably burning this morning.

There is no Dump station here at the State Park so when my black tank fills I'll ether have to pull into town and pay to dump at one of the commercial parks or move on to another state Park that does have a Dump station. There is another park I like just south of here (27 miles). I drove down there a couple of days ago and they have the non electric sites all torn up making them bigger. I'm tempted to move down there but the road from here to there is so narrow that they don't have a strip down the middle. When you meet someone you have to ease by and it's as crooked as a snake. I don't know If I want to pull my trailer down there or not. There are too many idiots I'd have to share that road with.

Well I'll cut this short here until I'm sure I'm not being charged for international data usage.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

YeeeeeHaaawwww, got to move my peg today. Not very far, only 70 miles, but it's a move. :) Sitting in my Private RV spot in Lynden for the next few days. Got a couple of days WORK to do then it will be back home probably Thursday.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Still enjoying this nice cool Mountain air. However I have to run my heater every morning to melt the ice cicles off my nose. I had dinner last night with a couple of LOW gals at one of their RV's. Spaghetti, my favorite. We gabbed until 10 PM when I told the hostess to go to bed so I could go home. Today was a slow day. I stayed at the State Park and watched the world go by. This evening I drove down to Angle Fire for a steak dinner. It was pretty good but I've had better. It's getting dark now. I guess I'll play with the piano for a while then hit the hay.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

We took the ferry yesterday from Port Townsend to Coupeville. The trip was very foggy and spooky. We're at Oak Habor's city park and were lucky to get a spot. National Night Out was at the park last night. Still gray, cloudy and rainy. :( We're here for a week before going farther north. Got to get moving and go see some stuff. :) Later.

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

We took the ferry yesterday from Port Townsend to Coupeville. The trip was very foggy and spooky. We're at Oak Habor's city park and were lucky to get a spot. National Night Out was at the park last night. Still gray, cloudy and rainy. :( We're here for a week before going farther north. Got to get moving and go see some stuff. :) Later.

Tina and Jeff

Hey guys,

Heading for home today. I'll try to stop by later and catch up with you.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Our days are marching by. Have been to a wooden boat show, drove to Swan lake looking for wildlife and had dinner with Jim and Sandie before they took off headed east. We had some company yesterday, a couple came from Cranbrook, BC to visit. They winter with us in Yuma and had to sit out this last winter because of his back surgery and now this summer with her having three eye surgeries. Hope they can come south this year. It was good to see them. Today is hazy, a little warm but nowhere near triple digits. We are getting some satellite issues dealt with tomorrow, then will plan some trips to Glacier National Park. I am playing around trying to change my Avatar and picture on here again. Hope it works, it saved the changes this time.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Getting a little confused or (a lot confused, I admit!) I changed my avatar pic, and profile pic, and this time the pixels aren't too big, and all the changes were accepted...and the old pic keeps coming up! How does that work? Sorry to bug about this, but thought I had it!!! Sorry.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

I drove down (or is it up) to Angle Fire this morning and got some fruit and yogart to keep my doctor happy. While I was down there I hunted down the local barber and got my ears lowered a notch.( I sure have the dog catcher confused now). Shortly after I got home one of my fellow LOW gals called and said she had planned an outing tomorrow for the three of us. So I guess I go berry picking tomorrow. Well, really I hate picking berries so the girls will pick berries and I'll horrass them for eating more than they pick. After the berry patch we'll drive on down to Las Vegas, NM to Wally World and stock up on whatever. (I stocked up today) Friday they want to go to a Restaurant in Angle Fire that has an Open Mike night. They can play with that singing stuff I'll horass them about how they sound like screech owls. Then Saturday we'll take the ski lift up to the top of the ski run in Red River, NM. Next week one of the gals challenged me to a go cart race. If I make it till next week, I'll be lucky. All this activity has this old man huffing and puffing.

Yesterday must've been get a haircut day cuz I got mine cut too. We went to Anacortes for lunch and a walk around downtown. After we got back to the RV came a knock on the door and it was Joe. We met him for a very good Mexican dinner in Oak Harbor. He and Tina had huge margaritas. Great food and conversation. Thanks again Joe.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

Yesterday must've been get a haircut day cuz I got mine cut too. We went to Anacortes for lunch and a walk around downtown. After we got back to the RV came a knock on the door and it was Joe. We met him for a very good Mexican dinner in Oak Harbor. He and Tina had huge margaritas. Great food and conversation. Thanks again Joe.

Jeff

De Nada, figured it was the only thing I could do after I ordered that huge Marguerita for your bride. The look on her face when she saw it was priceless. Was good chatting with you guys also, hope things work out so we can get together again before you hit the road to "EH" land.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

I drove down (or is it up) to Angle Fire this morning and got some fruit and yogart to keep my doctor happy. While I was down there I hunted down the local barber and got my ears lowered a notch.( I sure have the dog catcher confused now). Shortly after I got home one of my fellow LOW gals called and said she had planned an outing tomorrow for the three of us. So I guess I go berry picking tomorrow. Well, really I hate picking berries so the girls will pick berries and I'll horrass them for eating more than they pick. After the berry patch we'll drive on down to Las Vegas, NM to Wally World and stock up on whatever. (I stocked up today) Friday they want to go to a Restaurant in Angle Fire that has an Open Mike night. They can play with that singing stuff I'll horass them about how they sound like screech owls. Then Saturday we'll take the ski lift up to the top of the ski run in Red River, NM. Next week one of the gals challenged me to a go cart race. If I make it till next week, I'll be lucky. All this activity has this old man huffing and puffing.

nice to see you're having fun, keeping busy with all those gals and they're keeping you out of trouble! Sounds like some brisk activities...next thing ya know, they'll be having ya up on a zip line! :P Take it easy and watch out for that hiney muscle! We were sittin around this afternoon and the sheriff drove around and around. Finally came in...I gave him all the opportunity to pick me up I could!!! ;) Hope he found who he was looking for!!!! We're enjoying the sites and weather here. Will be taking a site seeing, wildlife hunting drive tomorrow. Never know what we'll come across!!!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

The berry picking turned out just right for me today. They don't allow self picking until the week end and today was only Thursday so the girls bought some berries that were already picked and we went on to Las Vegas, NM. We dropped one gal off at Wal-Mart and we went to a sporting goods store to find some shoes for the other gal. I picked up a pair of sandals I can just slide into without having to bend over and tie laces and such to wear in the trailer. When we went back to Wal-Mart the gal I was with went to do her shopping and I went to the Sub-Way shop and got a cup of coffee and a place to sit. About an hour later the gal that I went with to the sports shop came and we sat waiting for the gal we had dropped off earlier. About another hour she finally showed up. She was in that store for at least 3.5 hours and I could have carried everything she bought in one arm. We teased her a little bit about it and she said well I got in a slow checkout line. Man, I couldn't have spent that much time walking around that store if my life depended on it. On the 71 mile trip back home we stopped in Angle Fire and had a nice dinner. I'm a little tired but I think I'll survive. The good Lord only knows what they will cook up for tomorrow. They mentioned the Viet Nam Veterans Memorial, A brewery and something else. I think they are trying to run me into the ground.