Classes of 2008 and 2009

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Our friend Key also stays at that TT park in Vegas and he was telling us what a mess it is and how they aren't doing anything to repair the damage. That's too bad. Lots of sunshine here in the Valley.

They aren't keeping repairs up. Laundry/bathroom smelled like sewer. We won't be back. We're outta here tomorrow.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

All that talk of "feels good to be settled in for a bit" is actually why Karla and I bought a place. After 8 years of fting, and being at the park in IL doing the park host for 4 yrs, we were ready for something new. (but old) And since we wanted to be part of the g-kids lives, while they want us around, we felt here and now was time. We spent the most of the summer looking up and down the Fox River and Chain o lakes for a house but just as important a nice small town. We wanted to be 20 miles from the kids, but didn't find anything. Then we expanded to 25, and Crystal Lake came into our sights. It's a great little midwestern city on the edge of Chicago Land with a metra train to the city, a lake, and a nice little downtown district. We bought a 1400 sq ft ranch built in the 65, walking distance to the dwntwn (1/2 mile) and lake (1 mile) and 25 miles to the kids. There is room in the driveway for the mh but city allows only 10 days at a time, 3 times a yr. That works for us. City water and sewer is a plus too and a dry basement with no sump pump to worry about. We didn't know this till after buying, but the 2015 best small cities to live in, WalletHub ranked Crystal Lk as #10.

So we moved in, got our stuff here from MI storage, we are wondering why we kept some of the things we did. So many clothes and no couch but a lawn mower and snow blower. A new couch is coming tomorrow. We kept a portable fire pit which we had to get a permit from the fire dept to have a fire in, which we did and already have had a fire in it.

We are taking the mh one last seasonal run to MI next Tues for a couple of weeks and then come home and winterize it for the winter. A spring a trip is in the planning stages to the Pacific NW so we are still mh people but just in a vacation setting.

So thats our story and we are sticking to it! Hope all is well with everybody!

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

All that talk of "feels good to be settled in for a bit" is actually why Karla and I bought a place. After 8 years of fting, and being at the park in IL doing the park host for 4 yrs, we were ready for something new. (but old) And since we wanted to be part of the g-kids lives, while they want us around, we felt here and now was time. We spent the most of the summer looking up and down the Fox River and Chain o lakes for a house but just as important a nice small town. We wanted to be 20 miles from the kids, but didn't find anything. Then we expanded to 25, and Crystal Lake came into our sights. It's a great little midwestern city on the edge of Chicago Land with a metra train to the city, a lake, and a nice little downtown district. We bought a 1400 sq ft ranch built in the 65, walking distance to the dwntwn (1/2 mile) and lake (1 mile) and 25 miles to the kids. There is room in the driveway for the mh but city allows only 10 days at a time, 3 times a yr. That works for us. City water and sewer is a plus too and a dry basement with no sump pump to worry about. We didn't know this till after buying, but the 2015 best small cities to live in, WalletHub ranked Crystal Lk as #10.

So we moved in, got our stuff here from MI storage, we are wondering why we kept some of the things we did. So many clothes and no couch but a lawn mower and snow blower. A new couch is coming tomorrow. We kept a portable fire pit which we had to get a permit from the fire dept to have a fire in, which we did and already have had a fire in it.

We are taking the mh one last seasonal run to MI next Tues for a couple of weeks and then come home and winterize it for the winter. A spring a trip is in the planning stages to the Pacific NW so we are still mh people but just in a vacation setting.

Congrats!

when we got our stuff out of storage we were wondering what we were thinking with some of it too. Still, it was great to have some of our stuff back.

We are hoping to see the PNW next year too. If time allows, stop by for a while in Havasu on your way there or back :)

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

That sounds to me like the best of both worlds. Good job!

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

1. I have the hitch itch! It will have to wait a while, I am getting a hip replacement Monday if all goes well. I fell sorry for Delcie for having to put up with me till I recover. It seems that all we have done since closing the campground in early Sept. is Dr. appt. and we have not been sick. Looking forward to getting back on the road. Hoping to see everyone in the Spring.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

1. I have the hitch itch! It will have to wait a while, I am getting a hip replacement Monday if all goes well. I fell sorry for Delcie for having to put up with me till I recover. It seems that all we have done since closing the campground in early Sept. is Dr. appt. and we have not been sick. Looking forward to getting back on the road. Hoping to see everyone in the Spring.
  2. LIFE IS GOOD!!!!
  3. Freddy and Delcie

We will have you both in our thoughts and prayers - where are you going to be for the surgery??? Amarillo? Mike says he knows Delcie will be a great nurse and will kick your butt to the do the Physical Therapy!

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

Good Luck on the Surgery Freddy! I'm sure all will go well and you'll be up and at 'em in know time. I've had both knees and one hit replaced and can report medical science has definitely got it figured out! As I'm sure everyone is telling you, work hard on the rehab and you should be fine!

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

Freddy - I have complete confidence that Delcie will keep you in line during your recovery. She's had years and years of experience. I'm sure things will go well and we're looking forward to seeing you in the spring. Keep us posted where you're going to be and when. Good luck on Monday.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

We will have you both in our thoughts and prayers - where are you going to be for the surgery??? Amarillo? Mike says he knows Delcie will be a great nurse and will kick your butt to the do the Physical Therapy!

Sugery is at Childress. They have a good Hosp. and great orthopedic surgon. And it's just 30 miles from Paducah.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3

2. LIFE IS GOOD!!!!
  3. Freddy and Delcie

FYI to all here on the forum but not on face book - Freddy's daughter posted that the surgery went well and that he will likely go home in a couple of days.

Julie

FYI to all here on the forum but not on face book - Freddy's daughter posted that the surgery went well and that he will likely go home in a couple of days.

Thanks Julie.

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Iam still here. It's been two weeks since the new hip, I am still on a walker but getting better every day. Delcie is taking good care of me, she has me spoiled. Don't know when we will get to scratch the hitch itch, Thinking mid Dec. Havent been on the internet since the sugery, hope I haven't missed much.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3

Iam still here. It's been two weeks since the new hip, I am still on a walker but getting better every day. Delcie is taking good care of me, she has me spoiled. Don't know when we will get to scratch the hitch itch, Thinking mid Dec. Havent been on the internet since the sugery, hope I haven't missed much.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Great to see you posting! look forward to seeing you and Delcie in person once you can scratch that itch!

Julie

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Glad to hear you are doing well. Keep up the good work and that hitch itch will get cured soon.

Travel safe everyone.

Tina and Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Hey Freddy, (and Delcie)

Good to hear from you. You keep spoiling Freddy, Delcie. He's worth it! Get better soon Freddy, we want to see you.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

• 2 weeks later...

We are selling our CRA Silver Plus membership. I am posting it here on our class forum first. We have enjoyed this membership since we first bought our motorhome in 2001. I am told that they won't be selling these memberships indefinitely. The program might be selling out soon. If interested you can email us at lavinmh@yahoo.com or call 804-691-3657.

Colorado River Adventures Silver Plus Emerald Cove Camping Membership

This Colorado River Adventures Silver Plus includes 7 RV home parks resorts: 5 located along the Colorado River including El Golfo, Mexico, Yuma Lakes, Emerald Cove, Lake Havasu Resort and Northshore in Needles CA. Also includes KQ Ranch in Julian, and Cherry Valley Lakes in Beaumont, CA. No matter where you are planning on staying, each RV park is packed with family vacation adventure activities to keep both the young and the young at heart entertained! If you enjoy boating, fishing, golf, water skiing, hiking, gambling, RV resort camping, swimming or just relaxing with friends and family, then CRA Resorts is the place for you! CRA provides 24-hour security, full RV hookups, planned activities and barbecues, clean pools and Jacuzzis, clubhouse and family centers. This membership allows a maximum of 21 days stay with 7 days.

With this membership you will also be able to rent Cottages for $59.00 per night or Trailers for $39.00.

You can also ask about an RPI membership using Emerald Cove as your home park. We had an RPI Preferred membership and payed $119 per year in dues. In 2014 we stayed at Hart Ranch, a very nice RV park in Rapid City, ND, for $15.00 per night!

Your yearly maintenance fee will be $493.50 per year. Dues are frozen at age 65. Transfer fee $599.25 and documentation fee $275.00 totaling $874.25 paid by buyer upon transfer. Asking price is $3000. If you have any questions feel free to contact me at 804-691-3657.

If you have toured any CRA park within the past 2 years, you membership dues will be $200 higher per year.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com