Classes of 2008 and 2009

The map has been playing games. Every now and then it converts a character to some foreign one with an accent or umlaut or something. Then it deletes everything after that character. This time it was IYQ's entry but Dave doesn't think it was anything IYQ actually did wrong. Except putting in coordinates that say he's in Mexico. :) Anyway it should all be working again. If you are having problems it's best to send Dave an email as he rarely reads Escapees now that he's housebound again. But, once notified, he usually fixes things very quickly. You can contact him directly at sandsys at gmail dot com. We both check that address at least once a day and usually more than that.

On a totally different topic, I finally got a delivery date for my new RV. October 29th. Two weeks to finalize everything I need to do here and be ready to hit the road again.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whew, now I at least know where I'm at. :o Thanks Dave. Just finished nailing down the covering on my shed roof, wind last night blew it partially loose. Still to windy to try and get the metal installed but supposed to be nice tomorrow. So as I sit here watching it rain, listening to the wind blow my thoughts naturally turn to Southern Climates. Actually I've been wondering just who all is going to be in the Yuma\Quartzsite area this year. We know Paul and Sue, Steve and Carol, and Jerry and his Bride are all going to be somewhere else. So that will give the rest of us someone to talk about anyway. :lol:

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Whew, now I at least know where I'm at. :o Thanks Dave. Just finished nailing down the covering on my shed roof, wind last night blew it partially loose. Still to windy to try and get the metal installed but supposed to be nice tomorrow. So as I sit here watching it rain, listening to the wind blow my thoughts naturally turn to Southern Climates. Actually I've been wondering just who all is going to be in the Yuma\Quartzsite area this year. We know Paul and Sue, Steve and Carol, and Jerry and his Bride are all going to be somewhere else. So that will give the rest of us someone to talk about anyway. :lol:

Joe

If all goes well and the creek don't rise - we will be in Q and Yuma for a few weeks in January and February.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Joe

If all goes well and the creek don't rise - we will be in Q and Yuma for a few weeks in January and February.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Joe

So, what are you saying, Joe? Are you waiting for anyone specifically to be there or you won't come? Or, are you waiting for someone specifically to say they aren't coming, so you will? Hmmmm... What about you answer first so the rest of us will know how to answer?? :lol: :lol:

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

So, what are you saying, Joe? Are you waiting for anyone specifically to be there or you won't come? Or, are you waiting for someone specifically to say they aren't coming, so you will? Hmmmm... What about you answer first so the rest of us will know how to answer?? :lol: :lol:

We'll be there. We will be in Quartzsite for the show and who knows what else ;). We'll be in Yuma when the rest of you are so we aren't being talked about. We plan to check out the BLM around Havasu (I think that's were Freddy said they might go), and we are going to spend Christmas and New Years' in Casa Grande. Whoever wants to can come to Christmas dinner with all the trimmings at our house.

Counting down - no more grocery shopping, one more trip to the laundromat, two more dinners with Graeme, no more projects (for now), and three more sleeps. On the Road Again, Just Can't Wait to Get on the Road Again, Making Music with my Friends, Just Can't Wait to Get on the Road Again.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

We always change our minds about where we're going to be and when we're going to be there. It's what we do best. :rolleyes: Right now we're counting down too. We do have another grocery shopping trip but it's for Duchess. We need to get her favorite treats from Winco. Then, we have two soccer games tonight. I have dinner in the crockpot for everyone and I'll fix dinner tomorrow for everyone. Right now Thursday is d-day. We aren't going far but only about 70 miles south to have dinner with my brother and his wife. We have no reservations for the trip but figure it'll take about 3 weeks to cross the border into Arizona ... perhaps. We figure we'll spend a little time in Apache Junction, a little time in Lake Havasu, a little more in "Q" and Yuma ... perhaps. We might even try out the Holtville spot but, of course, everything is subject to change.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

HAHAHAHAHA NO hidden motives Jeri, just a thought that went through my mind as I was sitting here at the computer earlier. It will be good to see all of the old group that show up and to meet any new folks that decide to join the group also. As Sandie said, if the creek don't rise I'll be in Yuma the 1st of January so can go to both gatherings.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

I've been wondering just who all is going to be in the Yuma\Quartzsite area this year.

I won't know until I actually get my new rig and spend some time in it. I haven't driven much the last four years so don't know how far I can go between naps. And I have to test my boondocking limits to see how long I can stay out. So my answer is a big MAYBE.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Actually I've been wondering just who all is going to be in the Yuma\Quartzsite area this year.

We're planning on around mid January making the run to Q and Yuma for a few weeks then back to see springtime in Texas.

Been busy since we got here. A physical last week and getting the toys out of storage. The Kawasaki and racecar were in a storage unit and the racecar trailer had stuff and tools in it. Now the stuff is in the unit, the car is in the trailer and the bike is out to ride. Plan to race at San Antonio Raceway's Halloween race. Taking today off to just have some fun (lunch on the riverwalk maybe). Travel safe. Later.

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Actually I've been wondering just who all is going to be in the Yuma\Quartzsite area this year.

We're planning on around mid January making the run to Q and Yuma for a few weeks then back to see springtime in Texas.

Been busy since we got here. A physical last week and getting the toys out of storage. The Kawasaki and racecar were in a storage unit and the racecar trailer had stuff and tools in it. Now the stuff is in the unit, the car is in the trailer and the bike is out to ride. Plan to race at San Antonio Raceway's Halloween race. Taking today off to just have some fun (lunch on the riverwalk maybe). Travel safe. Later.

Tina and Jeff

Good luck at the race Jeff.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Tina and Jeff

I'm thinking about a dozen rigs or so.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

On the prowl again. Tonight finds me a Jim Korsten, Pinal County Park at Exit 151 I-8 near Stanfield, AZ West of Casa Grande. The entrance to the park is actually on NM 84 1 mile back east from Exit 151 I-8. There is only one other rig in the park tonight but one of the Cowgirls will be joining me tomorrow evening. Then we'll both go on in to the SLABS on Saturday. I ran into a dust storm about 5 miles east of here but it's ok here. The wind is kicking up a little but not bad. It's just enough to keep things feeling cool. If I had more time I'd sneak on into Yuma and bum some chow from Mz Fuffy.

Oh I was so afraid i ran off!!!! We left Yuma on Sunday morning! Sorry bout that. Now we're in Nebraska. I saw the 97 forcast and said "that's enough for me!" I've spent all summer trying to outrun the heat and wasn't thinking I'd stick around and roast in October! Actually we left there early because of some bad news at home and needed to get here quicker. We'll be back out there right before Christmas!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Joe

We will be in Yuma til the end of March. Will plan on coming up to Q to visit!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Feel free to talk about us all you want. You might want to ponder how many mosquito bites we get each day, or if we've been attacked by killer spiders or FIRE ANTs. Then you can chuckle, as you sit there in the dry desert, humidity free. UGH. I already envision that this will be our one and only winter in Florida, but hey, you gotta see it at least once!

Meantime we fly to Boston tomorrow for a couple of weddings, then on to the Chili and Margarita cook off!

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

I won't be here then cause I'm already here now, Or something like that. I plan on the Sidewinder meeting in February but if there is enough folks in Q in Jan I just might drive up there because our LOW group has a lot of people that run up there in January to Plamosa RD. So if I can't bum enough Cranberry Juice off you guys, I'll just run up to Plamosa Rd. and work on that bunch.

No wonder it's so hot, Dave said I was in Mexico. Well I am almost. The boarder is only about 40 miles south of here. I thought I put the right coords in but you never can trust this keyboard. It writes what it wants to write reguardless of what I type on it. Linda good luck on the delivery of your new wheels. I hope it is all you expect.

The Birthday was a huge success. Everyone had a ball and the Birthday gal said it was the best birthday she ever had. My partner in crime is going to take her into El Centro tomorrow and have the Beauty parlor down there fuss over her. The two gals invited me to dinner at the Birthday gals place tonight. I was practicing my chow bumming skills getting ready for you guys in February. This morning those two gals showed up with a car and trailer just behind where I'm parked. They cleaned up an area where a past resident had piled Creosote brush to keep others from parking anywhere near him. They shamed me into voluteering to go out and rake up all the fine twigs that were left behind. So that's what I'll be doing in the morning while it's cool.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Hi gang

D and I are planning to be in Q for some time in Jan. We are looking forward to it. We need dates to when things are happining. Our list to see is: Big tent, Class 2008/2009, RVDriving school, Elk BOF, and Christian BOF. All help welcomed.

We are at "The Ranch" in Lakewood, NM for the winter.

Safe travels

Glyn

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

Hi gang

D and I are planning to be in Q for some time in Jan. We are looking forward to it. We need dates to when things are happining. Our list to see is: Big tent, Class 2008/2009, RVDriving school, Elk BOF, and Christian BOF. All help welcomed.

We are at "The Ranch" in Lakewood, NM for the winter.

Safe travels

Glyn

Glyn - it's too early for exact dates yet for us. But I'd like to be in Q by the middle of January. I figure I'm going to have itch itch so bad by then that I'll be there is I have to pull the trailer myself. lol

Jim is going to have some more surgery. His artery in his left leg is 50% blocked (that's why he can't walk) so the surgeon is going to put in a stent or two or three depending. If that doesn't work, then they will do a leg bypass. I didn't even know they did things like that. We have the same surgeon who took out his lung cancer so we are really happy about that. He's fabulous. Waiting to hear exactly when but should be within the next two weeks. I sure hope this is the end for us. I'm getting really tired of hospitals.

He's not supposed to walk so we picked up a wheel chair for him at Goodwill.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Glyn - it's too early for exact dates yet for us. But I'd like to be in Q by the middle of January. I figure I'm going to have itch itch so bad by then that I'll be there is I have to pull the trailer myself. lol

Jim is going to have some more surgery. His artery in his left leg is 50% blocked (that's why he can't walk) so the surgeon is going to put in a stent or two or three depending. If that doesn't work, then they will do a leg bypass. I didn't even know they did things like that. We have the same surgeon who took out his lung cancer so we are really happy about that. He's fabulous. Waiting to hear exactly when but should be within the next two weeks. I sure hope this is the end for us. I'm getting really tired of hospitals.

Sorry Jim. I does seem to go on and on doesn't it. We'll be thinking of you. <3

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Oh no. The good thing is that it will get taken care of and he'll be good as new real soon I bet he's having fishing withdrawal pains!! Poor Jim.

Well, we're on the road this morning but not too early. We want Portland work traffic to die down first. :D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Feel free to talk about us all you want. You might want to ponder how many mosquito bites we get each day, or if we've been attacked by killer spiders or FIRE ANTs. Then you can chuckle, as you sit there in the dry desert, humidity free. UGH. I already envision that this will be our one and only winter in Florida, but hey, you gotta see it at least once!

Meantime we fly to Boston tomorrow for a couple of weddings, then on to the Chili and Margarita cook off!

Well, at least you're not seeing it in June!!! That's what we did last year, and I saw about all I needed to see, and got a great big dose of heat and humidity! Not for me.... Makes me like Yuma even more in the winter. I can't take that in the summer either! Have fun and keep us posted on how it is!!!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

So sorry to hear this....our good thoughts and prayers are headed your way! He's in good hands...both yours and the surgeons. We all hope this is the end of it.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

We are thinking of you guys. Keep us informed.

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/