CLASS OF 2016

Hi Angie,

Congrats on getting your house under contract! Now the real fun begins cleaning it out! We closed on ours last July so it's all too fresh in our minds! We had only moved into our rig full time about 2 weeks when we went to the Escapee boot camp and rally in Essex Jct, VT. Perfect timing and it was right in our backyard so to speak.

FYI, we were in Florida last week staying at 3 Flags (TT) in Wildwood and tending some business in Zephyr Hills so we drove through Bushnell and stopped at Sumter Oaks to check it out for the future, In talking with 2 very friendly guys in the office, I would say that if you haven't already called them and seen about reservations you should do so right away. They spoke of it being full and sometimes hard to get reservations in the peak winter months. It's a relatively small park but looked very nice with mature trees and nice shade and folks seemed very friendly.

We are Thousand Trails members as well as SKP's and we just got to Lake Conroe TT in Willis TX yesterday. Wow! What a nice facility. We'll be in TX through early December then heading to Tucson area for Dec and earl Jan. We'll stop at Las Cruces along the way to visit White Sands and in mid-January will join the Escapee Boomers at Quartzsite to see what that's all about.

Good luck with your plans and keep us informed on your progress!

Congrats to you as well Mainuh!!!

Following your advise, I went ahead and called and made our reservation. Glad I did. They only had two 50amp spots left and only for 2 weeks. So we may have to go to a 30amp site or different CG if it takes longer. It's hard to make plans when we don't know how long we will need to finish up in Bushnell, but we plan to head to Livingston and then on to Arizona possibly. Following 70° weather is the goal. :)

2014 Newmar Ventana

2016 Buick Enclave

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's getting close to the end of the 2016 year. Can we get a roll call on everyone that has graduated or will be graduating before the end of the year?

We will be officially full-time December 9th when we go to closing on the S&B.

We will be heading to Ft Myers for a couple days to get a slide repair then back up to Bushnell for domicile business. In January we will be in AL, and February we will visit Tx. Will anyone else will be in the area? We will have wine to share leftover from my wine cellar as I was a winemaker. I will still be tinkering with small batches of winemaking in the RV when we are parked for a spell. So we will always be looking for taste testers :)

Edited by Angie Patrick 2016

2014 Newmar Ventana

2016 Buick Enclave

We picked up our FT rig and I am refusing to leave it, so I consider us FT :-). S&B didn't sell though, so we will station our rig at a park near it when we re-list house for sale in the spring.

We are in TX atm, going to loop around the gulf to be in Tampa in time for the Newmar rally at the Tampa RV show 1/17. Then we will hang out in FL and GA until March.

DH would love to help you with that wine :-). I used to brew beer a few years back

CC, Paul, & Duckie

Counting down to FT

New baby DSDP 4018 due 10/2016

Heading towards TX starting 11/2016

Jello plans: US Rockies 2017, Alaska 2018

We have officially made it for 2016! Moved in to the Coach on the 25th. Close on our house tomorrow. Wife retired last week and I'll be semi retired starting in December. I will have to work a 2 week on 2 week off schedule for the next few months until I can transition the business over to my son. But everything is coming together nicely.

We will head to Austin next week to visit my daughter. Then to Bonita Springs, Fl. To visit family for a few weeks. After that we will probably stay closer to home (Oklahoma) until we go full time/ traveling.

2005 Foretravel U270

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee 

2016 Polaris RZR Turbo

We picked up our FT rig and I am refusing to leave it, so I consider us FT :-). S&B didn't sell though, so we will station our rig at a park near it when we re-list house for sale in the spring.

We are in TX atm, going to loop around the gulf to be in Tampa in time for the Newmar rally at the Tampa RV show 1/17. Then we will hang out in FL and GA until March.

DH would love to help you with that wine :-). I used to brew beer a few years back

We were considering taking our S&B off the market but our realtor informed us that we could close on our home from wherever we are. They would have FedEx papers to where we are and signed in front of a notary and FedEx them back.

Let us know when you are in the area and we will enjoy the wine.

Big D stop by Bushnell if you get a chance :)

2014 Newmar Ventana

2016 Buick Enclave

We were considering taking our S&B off the market but our realtor informed us that we could close on our home from wherever we are. They would have FedEx papers to where we are and signed in front of a notary and FedEx them back.

Let us know when you are in the area and we will enjoy the wine.

Big D stop by Bushnell if you get a chance :)

That's exactly how we handled the closing of our house ... from 250 miles away . Smooth transaction without a 'hitch' .

Goes around , comes around .

We moved into our RV fulltime in August. We are in Texas now until at least the end of the year. We will be staying the month of December at a park near South Padres Island. We may stay there for January and February if we really like it or we may decide to head to Arizona and check out Quartzsite. Just playing it by ear.

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

We made it full-time in June of this year. Started in PA, and headed south stopping for a week at a time in NC, SC, Georgia, Florida (to transfer tags/registration, license and make it our domicile) then back to Northern GA (Hiawassee) where we are spending the winter. We are absolutely loving it so far and the feeling of freedom we have! Good luck to anyone still in transition and believe me, it is worth it! Hang in there!! :D

Gracie's Golden Getaway

Barry and Marianne traveling full-time with Golden Retriever Maggie

2014 Ford F-450 DRW Super Heavy Duty Lariat with

2015 Solitude 305RE since June 2016.

We are at the Rainbow Plantation in Summerdale, AL. got here today and will be here until the end of the month.

Spent the last 6 weeks in Little Rock at my DW’s moms.

We started our full timing on June 6th 2016

2016 Bighorn 3760EL

Steve, Dara and Mattie dog

We are at the Rainbow Plantation in Summerdale, AL. got here today and will be here until the end of the month.

Spent the last 6 weeks in Little Rock at my DW’s moms.

We started our full timing on June 6th 2016

We just left there a couple of days ago. Sorry we missed you! We closed on the sale of our house remotely a couple of weeks ago while we were there. So now we are truly vagabonds!

Mike and Retha Hopkins

2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G

Our daughter is aquiring our bed today, so we decided to move into the RV in a nearby campground. We go to closing on the house this Friday. So I suppose our full time status and anniversary date is officially today!? The RV is is a mess! So much unpacking and organizing to do!

2014 Newmar Ventana

2016 Buick Enclave

we are enjoying the Rainbow Plantation and making new friends. went to the ice cream social last night and we were introduced along with a few others. Christmas is going to be fun- decorating and a few dinners. looking forward to it.

2016 Bighorn 3760EL

We joined Escapees a couple weeks ago, but I just found this forum. After living in Atlanta for decades, we hit the road full time on Nov 15, 2016 and we are far from being retired. We have an internet software company and can work from anywhere as long as we have a connection and reasonable access to an airport. We've been prepping for a nomadic life since the kids were very young, and since they moved out last year, we started preparations in earnest. We downsized from the big house to a small bungalow near a university 18 months ago, specifically to use as a rental when we hit the road. Then when some friends needed a place to live while they built their dream house, we realized the timing was perfect. We bought the motorhome in late October, put a few things in a (small) storage unit, and finished up all the prep we had been working on for so long.

We are loving the lifestyle so far, though we have not made it too far from Atlanta yet. We're currently in south GA, staying at the Wanee Lake RV campground, spending a couple weeks here before heading to my Mom's for Christmas. After that, who knows? We do have a workamping gig in SC starting in April, so we'll have to end up there but in the meantime we don't have a set itinerary.

Mark, Peggy and Samson

2016 Newmar Ventana

2016 Subaru Crosstrek

• 2 weeks later...

happy new year- we had a great time in Summerdale at the Rainbo Plantation- made many new friends. we are now at Topsail - just got done with my first day of volunteering in the maintenance department. everyone here is friendly and there is so much to see in the park. we did the first day hike with the ranger and enjoyed that, also got to go down to the beach and walk in the surf!! right now it is pouring rain- still beats snow any day.....

hope all are well

Steve

2016 Bighorn 3760EL

happy new year- we had a great time in Summerdale at the Rainbo Plantation- made many new friends. we are now at Topsail - just got done with my first day of volunteering in the maintenance department. everyone here is friendly and there is so much to see in the park. we did the first day hike with the ranger and enjoyed that, also got to go down to the beach and walk in the surf!! right now it is pouring rain- still beats snow any day.....

hope all are well

Steve

Just wondering... is that Topsail in NC, FL or somewhere else?