class of 2014..follow along!

So...today begins the adventure. We closed on the sale of our motel yesterday. We finally got everything cleaned out of our personal living space and the storage areas in the motel. Got that done about 2 hours before closing. The camper's a mess what with moving things in that we believe we're going to need. We're likely overweight. First stop is Pittsburgh for Nov. I'm sure we're going to spend time there going through everything again and selling or throwing away extra stuff to get us down to an acceptable weight. Oh, I've lost 6 pounds myself with all this work we've been doing. Anyway, we've sold our property and declared Florida as our domicile as of Oct. 9. No NYS income taxes to pay on the sale of the property. Hoping to see many of you on the road.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess this is where I belong. I had planned on getting an RV in the Spring of 2015 and hitting the road but I found a beautiful gently used motorhome with a great deal and said this is for me. Everything is done and it is mine now (sharing it with the bank for a while) and I just rented a site for 4 months about 15 miles from here and will move in on Dec 1. Come spring I will head west and either take a seasonal job, volunteer job or just explore...

See you out there

Chief

Don Kostyal

CMSgt, ret USAF

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Vickie and I have sold our home and have now joined the class.

It's been a process, but we made it.

Jim & Vickie
'07 F150
'10 Chalet XL1935
Chimacum, Wa

Evergreen Coho SKP Park Website:

http://www.evergreencohoskprvpark.com/

Evergreen Coho SKP on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evergreen-Coho-SKP-RV-Park/563601217103332

• 2 weeks later...

We planned to be out in 2013 also, oh well.

We are having our purge sale this coming week. Almost everything is for sale. Just keeping what we need to function and keep the house up til it sells. House goes on the market right after the sale.

Wife will give notice as soon as the house closes. We are excited, hope the house sells quickly so we can get out in 2014.

Well, we will be class of 2014. We are currently living in our MH and hosting at Dead Horse State Park in Cottonwood, AZ. House is in escrow, with a close date of Dec. 26th. If all goes as planned wife's last day will be Jan 17th.

• 3 weeks later...

I failed, got held back or whatever you guys want to call it. I won't be graduating with the rest of the class of 2014. Goodbye for now & wish me luck in 2015. I believe I'll hold off in joining the next class, I may have jinxed myself by jumping into the 2014 class too early. Looks like another cold Wisconsin winter. Thanks for taking me in when I needed you and safe travels.

Todd

“…nothing so liberalizes a man and expands the kindly instincts that nature put in him as travel and contact with many kinds of people.” – Mark Twain

• 11 months later...

I launched in early 2014 and am still going!!!!!! Great fun, adventures and lots of learning about RVs.

2011 F350 Lariat, 6.7L, 3.73, CC, DRW, 8' Bed, Reese Elite 25K, TST 507
2011 Carri Lite 36XTRM5, MORryde IS/ Pin Box, Hydraulic Jacks/ Brakes, 17.5" Wheels/ G114 Tires

Solar 960 watts, (2) 50amp controllers, 3,000 watt hybrid inverter/charger, 830 AH batt bank

WiFi Ranger Elite Pack; weboost Drive 4G-X

Archived