Class of 2011

Neo/Russ

Finally got back to Maryland, loaded the coach and are now happily camping at the Escapees RV park in Bushnell FL! Our adventure is now underway. We'll probably need a few weeks or more here to recharge our batteries. Soaking up the FL sun is a good way to forget about all that ice and snow and cold.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finally got back to Maryland, loaded the coach and are now happily camping at the Escapees RV park in Bushnell FL! Our adventure is now underway. We'll probably need a few weeks or more here to recharge our batteries. Soaking up the FL sun is a good way to forget about all that ice and snow and cold.

Are you going to have a blog?

And darn, no one is coming through our condo. No showings in at least a month.

Hello! We're new members, and our departure date is March 27, 2011. 5 weeks! We are looking forward to all this lifestyle has to offer, and hope to make many new friends along the way.

Karen and Al Phillips

http://wishuponanrvstar.blogspot.com

Welcome! Great start on your blog. We will be on the road too as soon as we can disposition the condo. Hope to see you out there.

Yay! Wish we could even get a looker at our condo :D .

Are you looking at new or used MH's?

It took us eight months to sell the house. Two months into our second realtor we sold it. We sold at over a 100K loss. In eight months we only had three people look at it. It only takes one, good luck with your sale.

We are looking at a used MH. Currently looking at Tiffin, Newmar and Winnebago. We hope to find one that is a few years old and has most of what we want.

Paul

;) We've started! Traded the TT for a Bounder 33U, have the smart car toad and a scooter. We hope the smart car and scooter will offset the cost of gas. We have volunteer postions confirmed June-October, and are negotiating Winter 2011-2012. Spending February-Mid-May relaxing. Will be in Key West diving by April. Then to Savannah Mid-May. Hunkered down in Riviera, TX waiting for the winter to get over so we can meander toward Florida.

Cindy B

2014 Southwind 36L
Jeep Wrangler 4 door
Traveling...

Sounds like you have a good start. We'll be joining you soon -- believe it or not , exactly 100 days from today. We also have a volunteer position lined up for fall/winter/spring 2011/2012 . We will be in Alabama.

Hope to meet you and others along the way.

Pat DeJong

Haven't been on this thread in a while... Welcome to all 2011's we hope to join everyone down the road, but looks to be as late as fall 2011.

Jane and Paul : know how you feel, we had to sell 2 yr ago due to job transfer and DW's school, sounds like you made out a little better than we did, had to bring money to close. Without the major anchor you're ready to go down the road. Enjoy and see ya down the road.

<p>Greg and AggieLife is what happens when you're making plans to do something else !

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

2006 Country Coach Inspire 360

:ph34r: We've started! Traded the TT for a Bounder 33U, have the smart car toad and a scooter. We hope the smart car and scooter will offset the cost of gas. We have volunteer postions confirmed June-October, and are negotiating Winter 2011-2012. Spending February-Mid-May relaxing. Will be in Key West diving by April. Then to Savannah Mid-May. Hunkered down in Riviera, TX waiting for the winter to get over so we can meander toward Florida.

Welcome to class of 2011!

We are 6 months away. Still have to sell the house and buy the RV, but we'll be ready.

Sounds like things have changed quite a bit Glen. Sounds exciting, Belize. Maybe Kelli and I will make it down in the RV for some wine.

George Roberts

1994 40' Bluebird Wanderlodge WLWB 500 HP Detroit Diesel 8v92

Towed: 2008 Jeep Sahara Limited Hardtop 4 X 4

Blog: Not a Moment Too Soon

Just checking in and seeing that some are getting to the new lifestyle and others are hoping and waiting for one thing or another. Good luck to the ones that want to get on there way. Its a huge time in your life but well worth the reward that you are about to go on.

We are now 10 mos. into our fulltiming and everyday is a new experience. And I will give you something to look forward to. This lifestyle isn't as good as everyone says it is, its much much better. ;) So again good luck to all and see you on the road!!

Dave

Dave & Linda

2011 Bighorn 3670

2000 Ford 7.3 PS diesel white and tan in color Now Fulltiming since May15, 2010

Semper Fi Marines!!

We are in the 2011 class - but Jim will still be working full time. We will be doing travel all over Texas, and anywhere close that we can get to for the weekends. I guess you could say, we are practicing!

Our lease is up June 1, and we are traveling from June 4 through Jun 24, then settling into a home base RV Resort here in Houston.

We want to have some things done before Jim decides to quit the corporate world.

I am getting to decorate our trailer...and fitting it out for full time, before I leave for Germany.

George and Kelli - we'd love to see you again!

Congrats to all the 2011ers that are all ready graduated!

In His hands and Under His wings,

~Christi Wildman

http:www.thewildberrypatch.com

married to Jim Wildman for 30 years!

2010 Grand Junction 38' fifth wheel with 2008 Dodge Ram, 3500 dually

Service Dog - Gabriel, and cats Jorge and Sasha

moving into RV May 2011

Just to let everyone know once again, I was originally in the class of 2011, but my Dr. said no more work last April. I retired and bought a new 2011 Bighorn 3670, told my daughter heres the house, and off we went as of May 11, 2010. So I also belong to the class of 2010. Just keep a check on the class of 2011 once in awhile and try to let everyone know, its a great life out here on the road.

Best of luck to all of you on getting on with your dreams.

Dave

Dave & Linda

2011 Bighorn 3670

2000 Ford 7.3 PS diesel white and tan in color Now Fulltiming since May15, 2010

Semper Fi Marines!!

We listed our house four weeks ago and signed a contract on it today. What a relief! We hadn't planned to list it until March 1st but another house in the neighborhood went on the market so we decided to list ours. Sold it ourselves, got our price, and NO realtor fees to pay so we are excited. We plan to move into the RV soon after the first of May but will continue with our jobs through the summer. We both retire at the end of September. We have already interviewed for a workkamp job in Texas for next fall & winter. We hope to hear from the manager about an offer of work this coming week. Things are really falling into place now. It finally seems real.

Good luck to all of you who are going through the process. The Class of 2011 continues to grow.

Lon & Sharon

SKP#87707

2004 Hitchhiker II UKTG

2005 Dodge Ram 2500

Class of 2011

We had our last open house yesterday. 4 people went thru but no sale. You got really lucky to sell yours that fast. Houses are not moving in our area, so I guess we will be trying to get a renter before we move out the end of May. Hopefully that won't be as difficult. Have a couple of family members interested. After 6 mo of keeping the house spotless all the time I am rather glad the listing is done . If not renters found within the next couple of months, we'll try advertising and internet listings ourselves. That's basically all the realtor did other than attend/hold 2 open houses ( 4 hrs of time) in the 6 months.

Pat DeJong

We listed our house four weeks ago and signed a contract on it today. What a relief! We hadn't planned to list it until March 1st but another house in the neighborhood went on the market so we decided to list ours. Sold it ourselves, got our price, and NO realtor fees to pay so we are excited. We plan to move into the RV soon after the first of May but will continue with our jobs through the summer. We both retire at the end of September. We have already interviewed for a workkamp job in Texas for next fall & winter. We hope to hear from the manager about an offer of work this coming week. Things are really falling into place now. It finally seems real.

Good luck to all of you who are going through the process. The Class of 2011 continues to grow.

Congrats on the sale of your house, We won't be able to go till Sept either. See ya down the road.

<p>Greg and AggieLife is what happens when you're making plans to do something else !

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

Congrats to you both on such a quick sale. I can only pray we'll be that lucky. LoL

Our realtor will be up next week for us to decide the date ours goes on the market & the dates for our estate sale. Cant wait!

Kellie & George Roberts

'94 Bluebird Wanderlodge ~ No Reservations

'08 Jeep Sahara 4x4

SKP #106686

~A ton of regret never made an ounce of difference~

Not A Moment Too Soon

Thanks everyone!! We know that we are very lucky to have had such a quick sale. We sincerely hope you will all have similar results SOON! It is certainly a relief and we want you all to have the same feeling that we have been blessed with. We really do hope we run into you guys on the road. It is amazing to feel the wonderful support from Escapees!! GOOD LUCK!!!

Lon & Sharon

SKP#87707

2004 Hitchhiker II UKTG

2005 Dodge Ram 2500

Class of 2011

I am so excited and nervious. We move into Serenity in 3 weeks and the house goes on the market in 1 month. :lol:

My fingers are crossed that it sells. We are doing exactly as the real estate agent says and she feels comfortable that we will sell at the price we are setting but still my stomach just turns at the thought. I so hope we are on the road by summer. (insert a smiley face with crossed fingers here)

Vicky

Life is an adventure........live it large!

2004 Holiday Rambler Presidential

pulled by 2008 Dodge 3500 Diesel Dually

Skp # 104622

http://ivey-theendlessroad.blogspot.com/

BooneDocks...It'll sell just a little time, can't let it disrupt your plans

Vicky...That feeling your getting is just nervous excitement. It's scary to make major changes and exciting at the same time.

It'll happen in God's time.

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

With DW having retired at the end of February, have parked her car on the street in front the the house with for sale signs. At least it is getting plenty of attention.

But then we did have a house showing finally this past Friday -- waiting to receive the feedback.

Archived