CLASS OF 2007 follow along with us.

JoeandMarcia

Hi folks. Wife Cathy and I missed you all at Q and then the Gypsy thingy. We got to meet Paul and Connie at Casa Grande and then spotted Paul at Benson. We have moved on now to Hot Well Recreation area. Nice hot tub out in the BLM. They ought to equip every BLM 14 day area with these. I posted a little detail in Boondocking. Hope to meet up with more of you another time. Leland and Cathy in the RVButterfly.

Leland & Cathy

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HOT WELLS...

That is one place I wanted to visit before we left that area,,,, but we decided to save it until we return to Ca.

Please soak in it for me once while you are there.

I have been told the best part is the lagoon below the hot spring. Jon said to float in it and be very still, the minnows will come and peck you while you float around.

Chasing the 70's

You can follow us using My link

I may not know what town I will be sleeping in,

But I know I'll be sleeping in MY bed.

Hi there Anne, and "thanks" also from us, and to many of the other members of the Class of 2005 (you know who you are!!) who have really been supportive of the Class of 2007. You guys in 2005 are really terrific, a true "class act", and have "mentored" many of us in the ways of "the road"!! And we've had alot of fun with them too!!

We hope to meet you on the road someday, and invite you to join us for a campfire (or Margarator, or somethin').

We're in Las Vegas now on the HOP...great bunch of SKP's here too! Just left Bobbie & Jim in Laughlin and they were headed to Congress to p/u mail then on to Benson, I think, to join Norah and Howie, Paul & Connie, Rick & Terry and whoever else is there!!

You guys have fun...miss you all a bunch!

Molly & Bob

Bob and Molly

www.moonriverandwe.blogspot.com
Two drifters...off to see the world....
SKP #73997

We had another cookout with the Carters tonight, lulu has excepted us as uncle Joe and aunt Marcia.

We are at the SKP park in Hondo Tx until Wednesday when we take the rig to a shop in Seguin Tx. They said it would be in for 3-6 daysso I guess we will take another honeymoon on the insurance company and spend a few days in a motel.

We talked to our son tonight and everything is OK with the expecting mother, we should be grandparents for the fourth time within the next two-three weeks.

We hope all of you are having as much fun as we are. Playing games with some of the SKPs in these parks can be very fun, you can tell some of them are very set in their ways.

Safe travels to all.

Chasing the 70's

Hey all

We made the trip to Benson...Joe...85 degrees here...Met up with Howie & Nora after we got parked in dry camp...found Rick & Terry, and Paul & Connie....Soon Mike B. arrived in dry camp next to us....hmmm mini rang again. Got moved to a real site this morning and ruined the neighborhood as we were told....since they put us next to Paul & Connie..Had a great time paying Mexican Train tonight. Bob & Molly....thanks for the GREAT TIME IN lAUGHLIN...AND ENJOY THE RACES. JOE..Bobbie owes you that cake

Chappy Trails

Jim & Bobbie

Jim & Bobbie Chapman

http://chappytrails.blogspot.com

SKP#95234

Jim:

I hope you have a better time in Benson than you did before. But with that many of the class of 07 there how can you not have a gr8 time.

Yep Bobbie does owe me a cake, the one she calls better than sex,(I disagree with what she calls it) and I won't let her forget it either. We all know how sometimes women promise you things until they get what they want, oops that might be men.

It was very warm here in Hondo today too, I started out with a shirt and jacket, but by 3 I was walking around in just a pair of shorts and my tennies. Marcia made me get dressed for Happy Hour here.

I think Bob and Molly might have done a lot of entertaining in their "other life" because they are just really good at it.

I hope everyone is over the bug they had, Jay and Faye have beaten it finnaly. safe travels everyone.

Chasing the 70's

Cheifneon?????

Are you and the Mrs still holding down the fort in Q?

Put another quarter in the slot so you can keep us informed as to where you are and what you are doing.

Thanks for marking those spots on my map here in Texas.

Chasing the 70's

I received a phone call from Ray and Elen today while Jay, Faye Marcia and I were doing something we always do, Eating,

Ray had (5) five stints put in, (I told Elen I was going to turn her over my knee and bust her rear for not calling us sooner) He is doing well, he says he has recouperated and will be ready to start traveling as son as Elen heals from the surgery she has to have.

She will be having her bladder scraped Thursday, and one of the female surgeries on Tuesday the 11th.

They both sounded really good, they are boondocking somewhere close to Phoenix near a river.

As soon as Elen is feeling up to traveling after the surgeries they said they would be headed east.

He said their laptop fell apart when it hit his knee. Something about the downward thrust of his hands and the knee stopping the momentum of the center of the laptop while his hands forced the outsides of the laptop on towards the ground.

At least that was his excuse for not being on the net letting all of us know what was going on.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to both of them and we hope they both have speedy recoveries.

Chasing the 70's

Joe & Marcia,

Thanks for the update on Ray. I was going to call you tonight and check on those two. Are you coming thru here on your way east?

Bobbie, thanks for the e-mail about our donation to CARE. Everyone deserves a pat on the back for a job well done.

Bob & Mollie: Ron is searching the faces in the crowd for you as he watches the Nationwide series race.

The weather here is still windy, but warming up each day. We will lose our fellow volunteers from Vermont the end of the week but we gained another couple yesterday. They are Escapees from Illinois and will be here for a month.

Norah: Thanks for taking the lead on the "reunion", you will do a great job. Ron & I's plans are to stay on the east coast for awhile after Alaska (if the fuel prices don't keep us in the lower 48), so we will be following everyones' where abouts thru the thread. Happy travels to all.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Hi gang we left Benson the 29th and are in Casa grande for a week for my best friend's birthday and to play some goff. We had lunch in Benson the 28th with Howie & Norah (Howie was still weak from the Flu) Rick & Terry and Paul & Connie at a little Mexican restraunt in town had a wonderful visit and the food was great.Its Good to see that Ray & Elen are getting their health taken care of they are in our prayers. Its warming up in Az we were getting tired of the cold (it will probably snow now). Its good to read about everyone's travels and adventures. See you down the road safe travels.

David & Kathy 2007 hitchhiker LS 34.5 IKTG

2007 Dodge 3500

SKP#95802

Class of 2007

http://www.giraffelady65.blogspot.com

http://www.downaonewayroad.blogspot.com

A true friend is one who knows your faults and still wants to be your friend

Howdy! Joe and Classmates

Welcome to The Great State of TEXAS and glade your enjoying it.

Yep we're still in the same spot at Q. Looks like were the last one's also. Butch & Teresa left last Friday, and haven't seen Bruce & Diane lately.

We've been enjoying long rides on the Rhino. Karen still making jewelery and I have a few more arrowheads in the collection.

We have a new member of the tribe. We brought home a seven week old miniature Dachshund puppy yesterday. Never seen one like this. He's what they call a blue (looks blue/gray) with a touch of light brown around the eye and his feet. Named him Arizona call him AZ for short.

It's great to here everyone is doing well in their travels. We'll be around Q same spot until it warms up a little more. We have room if anyone wants to stop by for a visit.

"Happy Trails"

chiefneon Gary & karen

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the update on Ray. Anyone have any idea where they are boondocking in the Phoenix area?

Took Pamela to the Dr yesterday when she started getting worse. Seems she has pneumonia. Dr put her on some serious drugs and told us she should start feeling better in a couple of days. This has been some really mean stuff.

Tony

Jones the Beagle

2001 Int'l 4700LP

2005 Travel Supreme 40RLTS

2006 Honda CRV

Joe & Marcia, Bob & Molly...

Thanks for the nice note about the Class of 05. I too think that it is a great group. I'm not the "founder", but did help get it off the ground with help from many others. I feel good that we started something that so many people are enjoying now. Tab actually picked the ball up and started it rolling after the original post was made by Teresa and her husband (his name escapees me right now). They were on the road and didn't even realize what was happening till I think about a year later...just before the Class of 05 was to meet in Q. It was a fun time....I was happy to be a part of it.

Sounds like you guys are having a great time...and have met a bunch of great people. That is what it is all about...Henry & I are having a great time also. We have many close friends that we keep in touch with as we go from one side of the US to the other...still can't believe we are out here doing this! icon_cool.gif

I'm sure we will meet somewhere down the road...take care and travel safely everyone! Anne

I just updated my journal...I know, I can't believe it either! icon_wink.gif

"Formerly Full Timin Wannabee"

2004 Country Coach Allure

Keep up with us as we travel! - http://fulltimetravels.livejournal.com/401.html (click on entries, top left for the latest one)

Hi Classmates: I sent an email to Sandi Cameron at C.A.R.E. to confirm the donation figures from the class of 2007. I also sent her a photo of the Cactus Rose "ladies" and a photo of Jim presenting the $853 to Brenda Neil (Escapees rep). This is the email we received back today.

Hi Guys, Thanks again for all the $$$$....we show a total of $1120.00. A plaque will be put on the $1000 donor board (located in the front lobby) that says Escapees Class of 2007. The pictures are great and I hope the magazine prints your article! SKP Hugs, Sandi Cameron and everyone at CARE.

Congratulations to all the Classmates for taking on C.A.R.E. as a "class project".

Jim & Bobbie Chapman

http://chappytrails.blogspot.com

SKP#95234

Howie and Nora,

Call Ray on Thursday, ( I don't think he has service where he is camped) while he is in town for the Dr appointment. (or Tue. the 11th)

I am really surprized that I didn't catch that bug, ( I'll keep the vitamin C going ) the dr that gave me the radiation treatments said I would be very suseptable to bugs.

I hope everyone is over it now and feeling better, because the weather is getting nice, (after thursday here)and it would be bad to be sick and the weather beautiful.

Chasing the 70's

Survey Results:

After 2 weeks 33 of you took the 2009 Reunion survey -- here is a summary of results:

The minimum camp requirements were 30 amps -- FHU preferred, but dump station would work in place of sewer for the majority of you.

March was the most popular month.

The Southwest and Gulf States were the most popular areas. A broad definition of southwest includes western Texas and the Gulf states includes all of Texas. So I am suggesting that Texas might be a good state for our reunion. It is sort of half way between California and Florida, warm but not too hot or cold in March.

Texas is a BIG state, so now we need to narrow it down a bit. Several people have suggested the San Antonio area, but other suggestions are welcome.

We need some volunteers to scout parks where we can get a great group rate.

Norah

Hey Gang:

We have the rig in the shop and are spending the next few days at the Antonian Motel in San Antonio.

I really miss my bed, but hope seeing all the sights here in San Antonio will be worth giving it up for a few days.

We have crappy weather here again today, (cold and rain) but at least it isn't snowing here.

Hope everyone is haveing a good time and staying warm.

Chasing the 70's

Bob & Molly Be Carefull that snow can be un-friendly to a MH. We're still @ Red Bay, Al. Going into a day of cold. Tonite it's supposed to get down to 29 with chance of 1-2 in. of snow. & 39 tomorrow. then start to warm back up. But not like Az. We're not going anywhere though. Will be getting some things taken care of here @ Tiffin service next week. Have been taking in all the rich history in the area.(Our first time in the S.E.) Yesterday we went to Shiloh Battlefield in Tennessee.

Safe travels

Steve & Sandy

Papillon's Yoda & Ruby

2008 Phaeton 40QDH DP

http://allgire-travels.blogspot.com

Hi everybody.Tom and I, and our friends Ed and Hazel, went out yesterday and we got my bithday present. I got a MARGARATOR. Then we went to Cosco and got the stuff to put in it. Works great. Now the class has 2.

We sure did enjoy meeting everyone in Casa Grande. We will be leaving Surprise on March 16 heading to Havasu City. Then on to Pahrump, and then Lake Mead NRA. Then it's off to the east and home by May. If anyone is near our route, let us know. We would love to have company.

Hi guys, and thanks for the well wishes...we outran the snow and are in Christiansburg, VA for the night. It has snowed behind us and in front of us all across I 40 but we have managed to thread the needle and avoided any intimate contact with the white stuff!! Whew!!!

It has been very windy all across the drive but it looks like all of this nutty weather is passing on and it will clear up tomorrow then get a little warmer next week. We will arrive back at our house late tomorrow night, as we will spend tomorrow with my Mom before heading East to Warsaw.

Paula, I just wish we were near you, trust me....we'd be right over to share your Margarator and warm weather!!icon_smile.gif I can't wait to share your new toy!!!

Hugs to everyone and y'all travel safe!!

Molly & Bob

Bob and Molly

www.moonriverandwe.blogspot.com
Two drifters...off to see the world....
SKP #73997

Hey, it's great being able to follow along as folk travel about, though it disturbs me to see so many references to snow and cold. I'm wondering if we should have given a test before allowing graduation: "Avoid snow; discuss in ten words or less."

I've been knocking around Slab City, the Imperial Valley, Yuma, and the LTVAs. The weather has been splendid (mostly, nights can get cool in the desert) and the farmland is impressive. The desert wildflowers are blooming at Borrego Springs now, a most pretty sight.

For those thinking of heading to CA, expect to see a big "4" at the fuel stations soon. Not there yet, but it's going in that direction fast.

I'll be in Yuma KOFA for the next several days for some elective work on my truck, then on to Organ Pipe and Tucson to pick up the bird migration.

Thanks for the update on Ray. I might have a chance to meet up with him....

2007 Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel

2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD (Green)

Archived