HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

We arrived at 'Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina' about 30min south west of Victoria BC today. We will be hear for a couple of weeks before heading to the main land just west east of Vancouver, BC.

Edited by cd084

2006 Peterbilt 387 - aka "Pete"
2012 Custom 53' 5th Wheel - aka "Moya"

2012 Honda CBR1000RR

2009 Harley Davidson VRSCDX Night Rod Special

2013 Subaru WRX

cd084.jpg

Fulltimers. Follow us at: http://blacktop4.com

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ray & Janet, it is good to know you guys made it back to the lower 48. we are in Lincoln NE at Leach RV sales trading in the Cardinal after two trips to Alaska it was getting tired, we traded for a Newmar Kountry Aire. We did enjoy the 75 days in Alaska and seen most of it But would not live there. On our way back we were sided swiped near Kamloops BC which took out our air brakes and had to be towed to the Volvo dealer for repairs ( $700 just to be road ready). Then two weeks in Spokane WA to get the driver side back right, total $3000. A bad ending for a great trip. How was your run in anchorage, a bit cold I guess. Hope to see you guys down the road...........Jim & Norma

the sailor & his Lady

1998 Volvo 610 "Big Red"

2006 Newmar Kountry Aire "Mother Goose"

2013 Smart Car "Lil' Red"

" If you aren't living on the edge, you are just taking up space "

Hi Ray & Janet, it is good to know you guys made it back to the lower 48. we are in Lincoln NE at Leach RV sales trading in the Cardinal after two trips to Alaska it was getting tired, we traded for a Newmar Kountry Aire. We did enjoy the 75 days in Alaska and seen most of it But would not live there. On our way back we were sided swiped near Kamloops BC which took out our air brakes and had to be towed to the Volvo dealer for repairs ( $700 just to be road ready). Then two weeks in Spokane WA to get the driver side back right, total $3000. A bad ending for a great trip. How was your run in anchorage, a bit cold I guess. Hope to see you guys down the road...........Jim & Norma

Ouch! Really sorry to read about your misfortune in BC. But, happy that you both are okay and that you enjoyed the whirlwind tour of Alaska. Congratulations on your new "home!"

After two trips to Alaska, you're the expert! So, how long does it take to get all the dirt & grim off (out of) the rig? Even all the crooks and crannies?

Janet & I will have to return to Alaska so that we can visit the Kenai Peninsula (We did get to Seward for a week, though). When we arrived in Fairbanks, unloaded the smart from our Volvo, and drove it to a parking area, the smart refused to start--it was an electronic issue. So, we reloaded the smart on the Volvo, where it remained until we arrived in Bellingham, WA, about 19 Aug. There are no smart car dealers or repair shops in Alaska; so, we waited 'til we returned to the Lower 48. The ESM (electronic shift module) had failed; but now, that's fixed and the smart shifts better than it has in the past two years!

I found the temperatures in Alaska to grow much more pleasant during our stay--the temperatures were about the same while we were there, but I grew to enjoy them. So, during the summertime, I could definitely live there...but, during the wintertime, maybe not!

Likewise, Janet & I hope to see you & Norma again before too long!!!

Raymond (G8r.Ray; i.e., Gator Ray) & Janet
Grinnin' ear-to-ear, since 2012-03-14

2005 Volvo 630 Motor Coach,

VE D12 465hp/1650lb-ft, 12 sp FreedomLine (2-Peddle),
217in WB, smart car deck/bed by Toterman, Pressure Pro,
PowerTank, Crossfire (dual tire pressure equilizer)

2006 smart forTwo Passion (450, Gen I), Ruby Red/Silver
2008 smart forTwo Passion (451, Gen II), Blue/Black
2009 DRV Mobile Suites 36RS3

Ray & Janet, This time we saw it all ( chicken, Fairbanks, Artic circle, Anchorage, Denali, Homer, Seward, Valdez, Sageway, and everything in between) 75 days of cold wind rain snow and we are not going back. This year it will be Florida

If you look under your smart car there is a plastic protection pan, which we managed to tear off some where in Alaska, great roads, and none of the dealers we have seen has one in stock yet!maybe in Florida. All is well that ends well, sorry about my spelling, see you guys down the road........Jim & Norma

the sailor & his Lady

1998 Volvo 610 "Big Red"

2006 Newmar Kountry Aire "Mother Goose"

2013 Smart Car "Lil' Red"

" If you aren't living on the edge, you are just taking up space "

Ray & Janet, This time we saw it all ( chicken, Fairbanks, Artic circle, Anchorage, Denali, Homer, Seward, Valdez, Sageway, and everything in between) 75 days of cold wind rain snow and we are not going back. This year it will be FloridaIf you look under your smart car there is a plastic protection pan, which we managed to tear off some where in Alaska, great roads, and none of the dealers we have seen has one in stock yet!maybe in Florida. All is well that ends well, sorry about my spelling, see you guys down the road........Jim & Norma

Sounds like there are some good stories to tell.

Post them when you can!

Which ferry crossing did you use to get to Vancouver Island?

Black Ball out of Port Angeles, WA. Fun B)

We will be taking the BC ferry out of Departure Bay for the return to the main land.

blackball.jpg

2012 Honda CBR1000RR

2013 Subaru WRX

cd084.jpg

David Mattson, I saw you heading North on 151 near Anamosa, Iowa today. I had just been to J&P Cycle.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

At 'Fort Camping-Brae Island Regional Park' Fort Langley, BC for a few weeks. Feel free to stop by and say hi if in the neighborhood.

Edited by cd084

2012 Honda CBR1000RR

2013 Subaru WRX

cd084.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

One of my daughters called today 9/28/2014 and said she just saw a White HDT with a black smart with grey stripe and fiver. They were heading north on Rt 84 just off I-80 in Illinois.

Are you one of us? We live just 10 minutes away from I-80 and we have never seen another HDT/smart combo in this neck of the woods.

Looking forward to Hutchinson!

Bill

"RINGO" 2005 VOLVO 670 D12 465hp/Freedomline Transmission 3.42 w/locker and smart car bed.

By Gregg Shields at RVHAULERS

“Penny Lane” 2018 DRV HOUSTON

"ABBEY" 2013 smart for-two Passion

"Tilly" Irish Wolfhound/lab mix  ( Good Memories)

In Lincoln City, OR there is a white HDT with a distinctive checkered swoosh and stripes in the Premier RV Resorts Park. We left there apparently just before they pulled in. I have seen the picture of it somewhere but could not find it in the HHRV gallery so I think it must have been repainted if it was there, before. The SD tag says "Toy Pulr"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B14E0bzPMGZsdkMxM3REaUp2M3M/edit?usp=sharing

We are now in Winter Quarters in the Elwha Dam RV park in Port Angeles, WA. We were attempting to get into Gilgal Oasis Park in Sequim, but they are too picky (requires newer than 10 years old) and the spaces and roads are too narrow for us.

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

• 2 weeks later...

Finally settled into Elwha Dam RV Park in Port Angeles, WA. Nice park, well kept, out in the woods with FHU wifi. Only drawback is the hills one must climb to do anything outdoors. Fully surrounded by evergreen forestsl. Should be here for the next 3-6 months.

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

Arrived Spacecraft last evening. Transferred load.from car to truck and trailer, Bbq at Dempseys and then to bed .figured out what you have to do with Hear pump at 1 am. Loading the car in the garage and will be on the way to Hutch before noon.

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Arrived at Texarkana RV Park today for 4 nights. This is a brand new park, not on any internet searches yet. Very nice sites, very nice hosts, and tile bathrooms and showers nice as any hotel I've ever seen. Address is 5000 State Hiway 59 South. Phone is (903). 306-1364.

Bill Greenwade

Full Timer from Mena, Arkansas

2012 KZ 40ft 5th Wheel Toy Hauler

1998 Volvo VNL 610

Bill - maybe you could be so wonderful as to put this nice new park on our "big rig" campground database that Trey does? Many more HDT'ers would see it there, and if it's big rig friendly, it should be there. Thanks for mentioning it. Look forward to seeing it on Trey's site later when we actually are going that way...

Sharon

http://pinterest.com/ocdhobbiest

Edited by kingskids

Richard & Sharon

For Sale - 2005 Freightliner Century RV Hauler

Truck-for-sale-smaller.jpg