HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

We just left MI/OH after most of Oct there (notwithstanding a week-long break for Canadian-T'giving and smart maint up near Toronto); landed in Elkhart for a round of RV shop visits then on to Chicago to get the new smart exhaust installed -- it's being held in customs now (shipped in from Stuttgart).

Heading to FL after the Chicago "fix",,, gotta visit Mom's sister (and Mom's FL home one last time), before heading west for the winter. AZ first (short visit), then Calif (Temecula then San Jose) for the Christmas holidays.

Will definitely look for the Gehlen's near Parker dam when we visit the latter part of January... while visiting gangs in Q.

Wishing safe travels to all!

-Don

p.s. I cannot imagine trying to make both WCR and ECR -- given 2k miles apart... though, we might be tempted to do one of them along with the NHOG rally (again in Kerrville, TX).

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Left Cedar Rapids tonight, heading for South Florida tomorrow.

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

We came to JW's shop in Unionville, TN to get our hitch installed correctly. We found that there was no way to install the hitch at the correct height without significant modification to the bed. Following the multitude of advice from the attendees at the rally in Hutchinson we are starting over. Our goal is to correct the multiple issues that were brought to our attention.

We are parked next to JW Morgan's shop and expect to be here for the next 6 to 8 weeks while our new bed is constructed.

The tilting Smart Car loader, bed and Trailer Saver hitch are listed for sale on the Escapees RV Accessories for Sale forum for anyone interested.

Some pictures

Edited by Hither'N'Yon

Sue and Bob Guthrie

Fulltimers Traveling Hither 'n' Yon

2008 Volvo VN670 485 HP iShift

2012 New Horizons Majestic 41ft

2012 Smart for Two Passion Coupe

Hooked up 20 miles East of Show Low Arizona at our S & B and will be leaving tomorrow morning via Payson Arizona to Phoenix International Raceway Avondale Arizona(400 miles) where we will stay for the week with the other crazy but fun race fans boon-docking in the desert. Cannot beat the price $60 for the week. We will stop on the way to fill the fresh water tank at my Sister-in-law's in Northern Glendale so we will be going across Shea Blvd. through Scottsdale as we only travel with 1/3 full for potty stops. After the race next Sunday on Monday will go a short distance to Destiny RV Resort in Goodyear for 4 weeks. Doing Thanksgiving, visit with both boys and business stuff and knowing DW Xmas shopping, etc. :P:)

So as usual will not be typically posting for the week at the track just to much going on. As those know who have been to these kinds of things what I mean!!! :rolleyes:

2019 Thor Chateau 28E on a Ford E450 chassis. Maybe awhile but will get a new picture forgive one up there it is my old rig.

Set up in my spot in South Florida for at least 5 months, maybe until June. New WiFi Ranger Go, is pulling the signal to me from the park office so far. Not many rigs here yet so that might go away as the park fills up. New managers here didn't like me parking my car next to the trailer on the concrete so I might have to move the truck to a spot a little farther away. It's possible that one of the smallest sites will stay empty this year and I can use it's parking spot. for the car.

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

We managed to get out of the Great White North just in time before it got alot whiter. We are now settled into Campbell Cove RV Park in Lake Havasu. We'll be here for at least a month.

2000 W900L KW
Singled, C15 CAT 475 HP 18 sp, 3:36 rear, power locker,ET Hitch,,22.5 rubber

2011 Excel 36CFE Limited

photo2_zpse35f7a55.jpg

Mike/Chris:

How about next Friday for lunch in Havasu? Have a guy comeing by Thursday to go over the trailer with some fresh water and maybe a little wax. Probably seems good to get somewhere warm although the last few days are not particularily nice but livable.

I have your number captured on my phone from last year.

Jim

Paint your wagon and come along

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396

Mike/Chris:

How about next Friday for lunch in Havasu? Have a guy comeing by Thursday to go over the trailer with some fresh water and maybe a little wax. Probably seems good to get somewhere warm although the last few days are not particularily nice but livable.

I have your number captured on my phone from last year.

Jim

Sounds good Jim

I've had my phone off since we crossed the border due to the outrageous roaming charges that we got nailed with last year. I'll be getting ahold of my cell provider and have a roaming package put on today.

We'll give you a holler once I get it in place.

We had an interesting trip with the Smart car yesterday. Followed some new friends we met into the Desert Bar. Not a great road for smart car travel lol. But we made it in and out without any mishaps :)

Mike

2000 W900L KW
Singled, C15 CAT 475 HP 18 sp, 3:36 rear, power locker,ET Hitch,,22.5 rubber

2011 Excel 36CFE Limited

photo2_zpse35f7a55.jpg

Sounds good Jim

I've had my phone off since we crossed the border due to the outrageous roaming charges that we got nailed with last year. I'll be getting ahold of my cell provider and have a roaming package put on today.

We'll give you a holler once I get it in place.

We had an interesting trip with the Smart car yesterday. Followed some new friends we met into the Desert Bar. Not a great road for smart car travel lol. But we made it in and out without any mishaps :)

Mike

Hi Mike, While you are in Lake Havasu City, if you are looking for an interesting day trip, take the drive up to Oatman! Only in the daytime, in the Smart and in good weather tho. We spent many years visiting in Havasu when we owned property there. That was my favorite place on earth! I envy you:) Hugs Davena

Just got into Destiny RV Goodyear Arizona from Phoenix International Raceway and will be here 4 weeks. Did not upset me to much to see Jeff Gordon under a pile of Clint Bowyer Crew members!!! :rolleyes:

2019 Thor Chateau 28E on a Ford E450 chassis. Maybe awhile but will get a new picture forgive one up there it is my old rig.

Back down in North Texas for two weeks. Staying at Shady Creek Park north of Frisco. Might be the last time we stay here! Trucks can't stay with you on the lot anymore, and this place is packed!

Ready to get down to Mission.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Movin' on, and movin' on again... left Clarksville, Va after two nights (great site at North Bend Park - COE, 50aEW for $5), AND great visit with an "old" work buddy who's only 52); sadly, did not meet with Ron & Linda anywhere near Blackstone -- she'd gotten a bad cold, was "down for the count"... maybe next time.

Did three nights in Hollywood, NC (visiting niece's family farm), now (Thurs-am) leaving Savannah (Skidaway SP) after 2 nights & another niece visit complete.

Onward to Orlando (well, Winter Park & Lake Mary to check in with Mom's sister) -- hope to visit Ray & Janet Church in Oak Hill while there. After a few nights there, will press on to Estero, to check up on Mom's winter home -- she's not been there since '06, renters have been good, but now it's time to look into selling (finally); none of my siblings has an abiding interest in keeping the place.... so, gotta investigate the market to see what it'll bring.

Still planning to be back in Calif for Christmas week (about 4k miles from here)... that may be about it, though! (We're on the wait-list for a site near Pasadena for Rose Parade float volunteers... won't know the lottery results until 01-Dec.)

Safe travels to all!

-Don

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

We are in transit to VA to visit Danielle's sister and BIL for a couple of weeks. Currently in Tom Sawyer in West Memphis - leaving this morning headed to Crossville, TN area. Gonna try a new park - Spring Lake RV Resort. Looks good for HDTs...I'll get it in the Campground Guide if it works out. It also looks to be a great place for a Rally.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Don and Fannie - Looking forward to seeing ya'll if it works out.

Jack -If you haven't been there check out Deer Run RV Resort, Crossville, TN - site of ECR '12 and '13. It's a beautiful place and plenty of room for the HDT'ers.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone.

Janet

Janet Church Lifetime Member #96033 RDBE #58
2005 Volvo 630
2008 Blue Smart
2006 Ruby Red Smart (1st Gen)
2009 DRV 36' Mobile Suites
NO PMs PLEASE. I might not see them for a long time! Contact me at: jags1fan@gmail.com

better half: G8r.Ray Raymond Church

My blog: ForksInTheRVRoad.com

Another praise for Deer Run - the owner put a LOT of money and work into the place just for our rally, with even more improvements yet to come after we all left (before the next rally). Great place with a really nice small lake there. Terrific staff too.

Richard & Sharon

For Sale - 2005 Freightliner Century RV Hauler

Truck-for-sale-smaller.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Arrived in Naples,Fl. yesterday.

Beautiful sunny & hot.

We'll be here till Jan.01/013

http://www.sunrvresorts.com/naples_gardens

Rick

1998 VOLVO 610 VED-12 @ 425 HP with 13 speed, 22.5" rubber, TC Equipped, single 3.70 drive axle, 193'' WB. REESE, 30K 4 way rocker-hitch, Jordan Ultima 2020. Under-frame mounted Honda 3000 ei, Towing a DRV MobileSuites- 36TK3 with TrailAir Pin Box, a Yamaha Road Star 1700 on deck. http://diesel-gypsy.blogspot.com

Arrived in Naples,Fl. yesterday.

Beautiful sunny & hot.

We'll be here till Jan.01/013

http://www.sunrvresorts.com/naples_gardens

Rick

1998 VOLVO 610 VED-12 @ 425 HP with 13 speed, 22.5" rubber, TC Equipped, single 3.70 drive axle, 193'' WB. REESE, 30K 4 way rocker-hitch, Jordan Ultima 2020. Under-frame mounted Honda 3000 ei, Towing a DRV MobileSuites- 36TK3 with TrailAir Pin Box, a Yamaha Road Star 1700 on deck. http://diesel-gypsy.blogspot.com

We are parked next to Rick, "Tweaker" in Naples! Good passport rate for the week.

Bill

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

Alligator RV Park, Punta Gorda Florida

Edited by Rick & Alana

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

2009 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

ET,Jackalopee,MaxBrake,Pressure Pro pro

www.rickandalanasgreatadventures.blogspot.com

Headed for Rainbow Plantation, AL from VA in the morning.

On edit - well we are stuck here for a couple of days while my back heals.....pulled some muscles or something.....will try for AL later in the week! :(

Edited by Jack Mayer

See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

We are parked next to Rick, "Tweaker" in Naples! Good passport rate for the week.

Bill

Hmmm,,, it does NOT show up on the PA website; maybe you're on a different passport system(?).

When we visited just before T'giving, we stayed at the state historic site in Estero -- 2 miles from Mom's place at Corkscrew Woodlands (straight up Corkscrew road). Not bad, but had to leave Wed due to holiday reservations.

Had a pleasant (albeit, short) visit with Janet Church & her two sons -- got to see their new 5'er, VERY nice! From Winter Park, we pressed on the Estero,, had turkey dinner (and did laundry) at Sumter Oaks in Bushnell, then on to Plantation for short visit, Branson (more of the same), Little Rock (COE in Maumelle) for niece visit, KS for NH & friends over the w/e, then south to TX (via Fire Lake -- nice place, Jack!), got MCD fixes done then zoomed to Mesa via Pecos & Deming ERPU sites... all nice places to spend more time than we had!

We have (finally) landed in Mesa, tending to our new "closet" for a few days, then onward to San Jose via Q, Temecula, and brief visit to the beach (Ventura or Pismo, not sure on that score).

Safe travels to all!

-Don

Don & Fannie

I will pulling out o Destiny RV Resort Goodyear Arizona at O-dark 30 tomorrow and going back to the S & B 30 miles East of Show Low Arizona. Should beat the snow by a day and a half. :rolleyes:

Arrived at Rainbow Plantation in AL for the next few months - with a "vacation" to the Tampa RV show in January. We are in site 14.

www.jackdanmayer.com

Got to the S & B yesterday afternoon and now all hunkered in ready for the snow do tonight after midnight. They are talking up to 12" but here probably only get 4" to 6" and the storm supposed to be out of here by Sunday afternoon. :) I know should be heading South to like San Diego; Wait they are under water!!! :blink:

No real problems on the trip though my TST tire pressure monitor has gone weird and it is less than a year old. Happened earlier when in Goodyear then started working again just stops recording all pressure readings. On the way hoemn was working fine then after about 2 hours driving again stopped recording pressures. It scans from tire to tire; it is like all the sensor codes are wrong and I know they are not. After holidays give them a call about returning the monitor as it has to be what is going weird. So weird to be working fine the all of a sudden nothing from any of the 14 sensors. :unsure:

Was a good trip and even the DW is getting better though leaving during rush hour traffic she is not happy about. She just closes her eyes and imagines there is no cars and crazy people trying to drive under my truck. :rolleyes: