HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

Hey Bob

Sorry we missed your post. We are now in Northern Minnesota for a few days.

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Well, while the system was down we spent a few days alongside the Arkansas River in Maumelle, Arkansas, just north of Little Rock. Now we are perched next to Table Rock Lake at Mill Creek US Army Corps of Engineers Park.

Will be leaving here on Friday morning and headed to Hermann, MO. The storm will probably catch up to us then. :o They have 3 huge pull-thru sites at the City Park with full hookups!

It's good to be on the road again.B)

Edited by HERO Maker

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Rocky, are you getting these locations into the campground guide?

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

I've had the FL out on her (second) maiden voyage for two days and about 1500 miles since completing a ton of mods over the spring and summer. Pulled into the Meteor Crater RV Park this afternoon and the management must of thought birds of a feather should flock together...

7946034858_b7e876fff7_c.jpg

Anyone recognize the 387?

Choosing an HDT is similar to many things in life. The options are: good, cheap, and easy. Pick two.

"Hulk Smash Puny Mountain" : 2000 Freightliner Century -Cummins N14+ 460HP, 13 speed, 3.58 rears -Work in progress

2004 Fleetwood Terry Quantum 38'

7258558240_00e57bffd2_n.jpg

In Kansas City for a few weeks, then to the HDT Rally

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

2009 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

ET,Jackalopee,MaxBrake,Pressure Pro pro

www.rickandalanasgreatadventures.blogspot.com

Novel idea - you could pop over and introduce yourself... :P

Novel Idea indeed.wink.gifwink.gif I just hid in the bushes this morning and ambushed Don as he was walking his weiner dog. More my style...tongue.gif

Choosing an HDT is similar to many things in life. The options are: good, cheap, and easy. Pick two.

"Hulk Smash Puny Mountain" : 2000 Freightliner Century -Cummins N14+ 460HP, 13 speed, 3.58 rears -Work in progress

Well you at least know his first name anyway! Is he part of our group - or will he become one? See, I knew you could do it!! :rolleyes:

I don't think he visits the forums much anymore, but has had the Pete for 6 yrs and is an Escapee.

Don Heasty

I've found that when car drivers get crazy, I'll caravan with career truck drivers. They drive tight and close. Today, we must of had twenty of us on 295 running together. Cars tend to avoid trucks in groups, which is great. Today, the drivers were lunatics. The speed limit was 50, traffic was going along at 40 and it might as well have been NASCAR. I was beat by the time we pulled into the RV park.

• 2 weeks later...

We (early Sunday) beat tracks from NYC back to Toledo to visit Mom -- she began a rapid descent a couple days earlier.

Mom passed quietly, in her sleep at 05:20 EDT Wed; she'd been made very comfortable, especially the last 8 weeks, by the caregivers at ParkCliffe Community, the Hospice attendants & their nurses... didn't need Adavan at all (so, minimum/negligible agitation), was given morphine for the first time on Saturday -- that is what made it clear we needed to be back in Toledo. We visited with Mom all day Tues, into the evening, planning to spend all of Wed with her -- but, she was so ready, she left once she knew all her kids were nearby!

Love to all,

-Don

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

Thanks, John & Richard -- - you are both very spot-on with your kind thoughts,,, God bless y'all!

-Don

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

Don,

Nancy and I extend our deepest condolences. Loss of a parent is tough, but seeing them pass quietly and without pain is a blessing. My Dad passed from lung cancer in a hospice and Nancy's Mom passed last February - all with dignity and loved ones near.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

Thanks, Randy & Nancy AND Cindie & Jeff -- Fannie and I appreciate everyone's kind thoughts and prayers.

We were blessed in many ways, first with Mom's presence in our lives while growing up and raising our own families, then with her Alzheimer's, over the 10 years she struggled with the disease, it never completely stole her from us; she had occasional moments of clarity right up to the very end -- even said my name twice during one visit last month; and, she was in a "settled space", always happy to see us, it wasn't difficult to spend time with her.

Love to y'all!

-Don

Don & Fannie

Departed Rapid City Oct 5 and hit snow all the way over to Lusk, Wyoming and Interstate 25. Woke up this morning in Rawlins, Wy with a wind chill of 11 and currently in Fillmore, Ut where it is 60 daytime and 37 overnight. Headed for San Luis Obispo, CA for a wedding on the 14th and then plan on being in Parker, AZ on Oct 23.

Edited by Jim Gehlen

Paint your wagon and come along

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396

Janet (jags1fan) & I are attending the HDT RV Rally in Hutchinson, KS 'til Saturday (13 Oct 2012); then, it's back to Florida (home base) 'til the 2013 Florida RV SuperShow in Tampa (Jan); then, back to home base until the 2013 ECR.

Edited by G8r.Ray

Raymond (G8r.Ray; i.e., Gator Ray) & Janet
Grinnin' ear-to-ear, since 2012-03-14

2005 Volvo 630 Motor Coach,

VE D12 465hp/1650lb-ft, 12 sp FreedomLine (2-Peddle),
217in WB, smart car deck/bed by Toterman, Pressure Pro,
PowerTank, Crossfire (dual tire pressure equilizer)

2006 smart forTwo Passion (450, Gen I), Ruby Red/Silver
2008 smart forTwo Passion (451, Gen II), Blue/Black
2009 DRV Mobile Suites 36RS3

Janet (jags1fan) & I are attending the HDT RV Rally in Hutchinson, KS 'til Saturday (13 Oct 2012); then, it's back to Florida (home base) 'til the 2013 Florida RV SuperShow in Tampa (Jan); then, back to home base until the 2013 ECR.

G8r.Ray Glad you are there.

Now, how `bout some pix for us not there.

Enjoy! E.P.