HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

Our full time adventure starts in just over a month - on March 9th, we hit the road full time! Still here in CO with snow and wind trying to sell as much as possible before we leave. Just about got a nice size dent in it - but we're talking about our lifetime accumulation of collecting, hobbies, and what not's. I should have gotten serious about de-stuffing about 5 years ago when things were selling!

Getting jazzed for the East Coast rally in April... Hope to see many of you there.

Sharon

Richard & Sharon

For Sale - 2005 Freightliner Century RV Hauler

Truck-for-sale-smaller.jpg

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our full time adventure starts in just over a month - on March 9th, we hit the road full time! Still here in CO with snow and wind trying to sell as much as possible before we leave. Just about got a nice size dent in it - but we're talking about our lifetime accumulation of collecting, hobbies, and what not's. I should have gotten serious about de-stuffing about 5 years ago when things were selling!

Getting jazzed for the East Coast rally in April... Hope to see many of you there.

Sharon

Ahhh, my truck's sister truck finally goes full-time! I saw it several times while Wayland was doing our's, congrats on the lifestyle change and hope it works out for you!

Bruce & Sharon

Boogie & Jack (The campin' critters)

Full-Time since 2006

2005 Freightliner Century ST II with Detroit diesel 60 series 14 Liter 455 hp 3:73 gears, ultra-shift 10 spd, 2L smart car hauler bed and matching paint by 2L Custom Trucks (Gentle Giant)

2010 44.5 ft Spacecraft with bar (Animal House)

2010 Smart For 2 (Urkel)

We made it into Tombstone Territories RV Resort outside of Tombstone, AZ on Mon. This is good little park off the beaten path with huge pull throughs and plenty of room for HDT'ers. We have reservations for a month but we'll see - home seems to be calling louder each day! Jo Ann continues to improve after her concussion so the trip is looking up for her too.

Boy is it ever quiet, especially after Mesa!

Mike

Mike & Jo Ann
2006 40 ft Teton Royal Cheyenne, Honda EU6500is,, Semper Fi, WUØG

Ahhh, my truck's sister truck finally goes full-time! I saw it several times while Wayland was doing our's, congrats on the lifestyle change and hope it works out for you!

Cool - now there's three of us from the same fleet (our trucks that is...). 4Girls&aMan has a "sister truck" from the same fleet as our truck - so I assume that yours is also from that fleet. Kinda cool to have "sister trucks" out there in our group! You guys coming to the ECR in TN? Though not our first rally, it will be our first rally as full timers (disturbing how much that reminds me of "Alzheimer's" - or as some prefer to say "all timers")!

Who all here is going to the ECR in April? Mike - so glad Joann is doing better! I must have missed some posts - I didn't realize that she had hurt herself. Tell her we're glad she's on the mend!

Sharon

Edited by kingskids

Richard & Sharon

Cool - now there's three of us from the same fleet (our trucks that is...). 4Girls&aMan has a "sister truck" from the same fleet as our truck - so I assume that yours is also from that fleet. Kinda cool to have "sister trucks" out there in our group! You guys coming to the ECR in TN?

Sharon

Won't make ECR as although full time I still work and that falls during a work cycle for me.

Bruce & Sharon

Full-Time since 2006

2005 Freightliner Century ST II with Detroit diesel 60 series 14 Liter 455 hp 3:73 gears, ultra-shift 10 spd, 2L smart car hauler bed and matching paint by 2L Custom Trucks (Gentle Giant)

2010 Smart For 2 (Urkel)

We made it into Tombstone Territories RV Resort outside of Tombstone, AZ on Mon. This is good little park off the beaten path with huge pull throughs and plenty of room for HDT'ers. We have reservations for a month but we'll see - home seems to be calling louder each day! Jo Ann continues to improve after her concussion so the trip is looking up for her too.

Boy is it ever quiet, especially after Mesa!

Mike

Mike

We are heading over that way in the near future.

Should be there in a week or so.

Be great to meet you guys and say howdy

Mike

2000 W900L KW
Singled, C15 CAT 475 HP 18 sp, 3:36 rear, power locker,ET Hitch,,22.5 rubber

2011 Excel 36CFE Limited

photo2_zpse35f7a55.jpg

We are signed up for the ECR and really looking forward to seeing friends again.

Mike, if you get close to Tombstone give us a call and we'll get together for some visiting and maybe some truck talk, ha.

Mike 660.214.0510

Mike & Jo Ann
2006 40 ft Teton Royal Cheyenne, Honda EU6500is,, Semper Fi, WUØG

Sorry,,, we'll miss seeing you (Mike & Jo Ann) in Mesa; we couldn't get into a site until the 15th, so we'll meander into Tempe around the 13th, to check on our "fit" for the 15th. We're still in Q, learning the ins-and-outs of long-time boondocking --- finally used the water bladder (and helper pump) to refill fresh water without moving the 5'er; discovered our fresh water gauge registers "almost empty" when it still has nearly 25 gallons (that's TWO more days, for us). Using the 45 gal. bladder filled the 70 gal tank to the over-fill point... will be glad when I get a See-Level installed,,, sure will be nice to have accurate readings of all three tanks, for future boondocking ventures! (Hope to do that project sometime during the next month, while in Mesa.)

Safe travels to all!

-Don

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

If anyone gets near Yuma's Imperial Dam.. we're going to be here 'till April, or so. We're at the BLM LTVA. I haven't taken more pictures since we arrived.. as I said I would.. been too busy thawin' out, from the late start. We were home, in Idaho, 'till dang near Christmas.. trying to get the truck and 5er ready to go. Missed the Hutch rally, and dang near froze to death. Was 3-degrees, when we woke up, in Winnemucca, coming down! Rose did well.. and nary a thing fell-off, on the trip.. but I've still got lots to do. Take care, all.. Will try to get the pic's taken, soon.

'06 FL Columbia, 515 Detroit, UltraShift (2-pedal), air-ride, super-singles. 'Ramblin' Rose'
12' Ambulance Box and Trailer Saver air-ride hitch. Remodeled Alpenlite 38' 5er. 2400w of Solar

Don't know where we're goin', yet..

..can't remember where we've been..

but we're havin' fun!

Will be leaving on 2/27 to go done to Phoenix International Speedway(NASCAR is finally back) camping in desert for the week. The plan is after the races going down to Tucson 3/5 not decided where we are going to stay yet have to call some places during race week. We love to go to the Sonora Desert Museum when it is cooler animals more active and of course other place around the area which there are many. Will need be back up here in the S & B East of Show Low by 3/12 having new windows delivered/installed and then have the house siding to be ordered and installed.

2019 Thor Chateau 28E on a Ford E450 chassis. Maybe awhile but will get a new picture forgive one up there it is my old rig.

Anyone coming through Tucson, let me know. I LOVE to check out HDTs so I can see what is what for when I'm finally ready to start shopping. :D

Brian
USAF Ret

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)

Vets with PTSD and Other VA Issues

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
~ Thomas Jefferson..

Heading up to the Poolville area this weekend, gonna spend a week getting a bit of finish paint on the back of the cab and retro-fit of new Smart car retention (tie-down) system at 2L Custom Trucks. If anyone else stopping by to see Wayland give us a yell. Hopefully I'll be able to buy or steal some of Wayland's new Swag! biggrin.gif

Bruce & Sharon

Full-Time since 2006

2010 Smart For 2 (Urkel)

Heading up to the Poolville area this weekend, gonna spend a week getting a bit of finish paint on the back of the cab and retro-fit of new Smart car retention (tie-down) system at 2L Custom Trucks. If anyone else stopping by to see Wayland give us a yell. Hopefully I'll be able to buy or steal some of Wayland's new Swag! biggrin.gif

Highly recommend Mitchells RV Park in Perrin if you need to hang out close to Waylands

2000 W900L KW

2011 Excel 36CFE Limited

photo2_zpse35f7a55.jpg

Highly recommend Mitchells RV Park in Perrin if you need to hang out close to Waylands

Exactly where we are going!

Bruce & Sharon

Full-Time since 2006

2010 Smart For 2 (Urkel)

At Mitchells in Perrin for a week.

Bruce & Sharon

Full-Time since 2006

2010 Smart For 2 (Urkel)

Hey Camps - you're a little ahead of us. We "plan" on heading straight to Wayland's when we leave here on 3-9 - but all may change as my uncle (actually my "step uncle-in-law" - but we love him more than my real uncle) has had a heart attack and a quad bypass and is NOT doing well. So we may not get to keep our "anniversary" date (3-9 is our 7th anniversary of moving into the house - so that's the date we wanted to move OUT). We may end up going to MO if he can hang in there till 3-9 - or I may have to fly out there for the funeral prior to us leaving if he doesn't make it. Anyway, let us know how you like the rv park there as we'll need a place to hang our spurs as well... We're praying that uncle will hang in there till it's time to leave, then we'll just go to MO instead of TX first...

Sharon

Richard & Sharon

Hey Camps - you're a little ahead of us. We "plan" on heading straight to Wayland's when we leave here on 3-9 - but all may change as my uncle (actually my "step uncle-in-law" - but we love him more than my real uncle) has had a heart attack and a quad bypass and is NOT doing well. So we may not get to keep our "anniversary" date (3-9 is our 7th anniversary of moving into the house - so that's the date we wanted to move OUT). We may end up going to MO if he can hang in there till 3-9 - or I may have to fly out there for the funeral prior to us leaving if he doesn't make it. Anyway, let us know how you like the rv park there as we'll need a place to hang our spurs as well... We're praying that uncle will hang in there till it's time to leave, then we'll just go to MO instead of TX first...

Sharon

The park is fine & very big rig capable. We're in a 90 foot pull-through so plenty room for truck, trailer, & Smart. 24 channel cable, free wi-fi that works, & steady 50 amp power! Rather empty as it is off season, but I like it that way. Road gets a bit of traffic during the day but quiets down at night, much better than near the interstate in Weatherford where we stayed the last time up this way. Owners are real friendly and interested in the trucks that keep coming to see a man in Poolville. Big dog run & plenty to do for everybody. It is a trip (about 20 mins) to get groceries in Jacksboro so come stocked up and you should have a great time. cool.gif

Best wishes on your uncles health.

I did submit this campground to the HHRV HDT campground finder.

Edited by campswithcritters

Bruce & Sharon

Full-Time since 2006

2010 Smart For 2 (Urkel)

We have stayed there also. Highly recommended.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Diane and i are just settling in for the evening at 2L Custom Trucks "dry camping area" at the back of the shop before heading to fort worth in the jeep tomorrow.

it seems were surrounded by familiar HDT forum member rigs

thanks again Wayland.

don

Don and Diane

2008 Haulmark 3303TS
2014 JKUR X

Diane and i are just settling in for the evening at 2L Custom Trucks "dry camping area" at the back of the shop before heading to fort worth in the jeep tomorrow.

it seems were surrounded by familiar HDT forum member rigs

thanks again Wayland.

don

Welcome to the neighborhood Don, we're just up the road but you likely know that as our truck is there too.

Bruce & Sharon

Full-Time since 2006

2010 Smart For 2 (Urkel)

Got this idea from the class of 2012 thread.

Thought it would be a quick and easy reference as to where everyone is located with their HDT

Just click on this link

http://g.co/maps/cu4hb

and place a marker where you are located at the present time.

*Note. you will need to open a google acct to place a marker.

Should make it alot easier to hook up and say howdy face to face with our fellow Darksiders

Mike

2000 W900L KW

2011 Excel 36CFE Limited

photo2_zpse35f7a55.jpg

We will be headed to Wayland's right after we leave CO on the 11th (had a quickie wedding celebration to attend in the Springs on the 10th), but since we have friends in Granbury, we may try to stay at Bennett's in G'bury so we don't have to drive an hour and a half to see them. If our friends are unavailable or Bennett's is full (don't have many large spots), then we'll go to "plan B" and stay at Mitchells and do the long drive...

We'll be going from Wayland's area over to the Dallas area next to visit family - now THAT'S a hard place to find LONG rv spots with full hook ups!!

Then on to some great crappie fishing we hope... Either Mississippi or northern Alabama before heading to the HDT rally in TN. Hope to see a bunch of you there!!

Richard & Sharon