HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jon: The 3 wheel cart crash was not related to Smoke's chair problem. Stupid little dog wanted to go north and not east and took out the motorized chair in the process.

Understand we have a few others coming in in the next day or two. Sounds like a mini-rally to me

Paint your wagon and come along

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396

Good thing her oxygen tank stayed intact of she'd have launched into the next county. icon_eek.gif

I'll have some pictres of my new chair in afew days. Then you'll see that I will never fall out of it like I did the old chair. I will post the pictures.

Smokey & Pam
2016 Tiffin Allegro Open Road
15 Jeep Cherokee

Dave, still a lot more elbow grease before it come close to your's. Thanks for your advise on polishing. I need to work on the trailer this month to keep it from looking bad. The salty air in Winchester bay are harsh and it shows.

Where are you going to be in the Southwest in March? May be we can catch up!

Volvo VNL610 M11+ 98 10 speed
Mountain Aire 40' 5th 2002
Outback Power, 1200 watts Sanyo panels

LMAO

Jon- You oughta re-enact that and subit it to America's Funniest Videos. It has the makings of a $1,000 prize winner. icon_wink.gif

Dieseldan

1999 40' Travel Supreme RLTSODB Two Bedroom 5th Wheel. TrailAir hitch

1998 Volvo VNL770, 460HP Cummins N14 Plus, 13 speed manual, 245" wheelbase, tandems, Holland hitch, Work Station, TV/DVD, Microwave, Fridge, 3,000 W Inverter, Sink, PTO hydraulic kit - Retired USAF Lt Col

"If it wasn't for people like that, people like us wouldn't look so good."

Padraic --

You've plenty of time -- Show and Shine at Winchester - Hope you make it .. icon_razz.gif

1st stop will be the March meet at Bakersfield (Good Guys event) March 10-12.

Then to Firebird raceway for the NOPI Nationals - and bikni contest .. icon_biggrin.gif

2 other events there - Bug-in and AHDRA -- Then head to Vegas for the NHRA 4 day event April 13-16.

May go visit my sister in Colorado after this and see if I can find a tractor pull along the way.

Got to be back around June 1st - Re load for Winchester till after Labor Day - The back home to re load and who knows !!

Drop me a note if your in the area !!

Dave

oldphoneman@escapees.com

(New E-Mail)

Dave: We are scheduled into Oasis on 4/5 thru 4/19 06. Looks like you may be in Las Vegas at the same time. Get together and have lunch again if we can swing it.

Also: While in Bakersfield, if you need a park to get into, contact Country RV Park on Highway 58 at Fairfax exit. Real good in/out with phone hookups if you need them.

I will have a direcway system if you are still interested.

Paint your wagon and come along

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396

Dave

We'll try to take you up on that. We will be in the Phoenix area in February. We used to live around Indian School and 111th abou 15 years ago. Anxious to see how the city has changed. We'll contact you when we have exact dates.

Smokey & Pam
2016 Tiffin Allegro Open Road
15 Jeep Cherokee

hello Jim -- --

I'll look you guys up at Oasis - I'm not sure where I'll land at the moment for that event.

The Country RV Park is one I'm going to contact while I'm in Bakersfield.

There is also track dry camping - Have to see when I get there.

For the moment - I'm just going with any hot-spot I come across. For the moment - Internet is not as important as a cell phone - Got that covered. I'm keeping you in mind though !!

See Ya in the Spring !!

Dave

Edit: Forgot to comment -- Dave Martin .. I've made a note of your phone number -- I'll give you a call when I'm in your area -- You're welcome to pick my Hauler apart as you wish .. icon_biggrin.gif

icon_biggrin.gif Great smoke. Be warned don`t look at Real Estate Prices in the area. Guaranteed Pepso-Bismol time icon_frown.gif Areas around here up 40% last year. Those of you going thru check out our new Cardinals stadium 101@ Glendale/Bethany Home Rds. Home of Super Bowl `08. Looks to me like a Spacecraft landed tho icon_cool.gif

• 4 weeks later...

We finally got out nof Minnesota and are at

Lewisville Texas: Lewisville Lake Park Campground,will be here till 1/2/2006 then head south to San Antonio then west to Qsite getting there some time mid January.

Happy New Year to everyone

Bob

Country Coach Intrigue Motorhome
Harley Heritage Softail
Jeep TJ
Travel Supreme 34FKTSO 5th Wheel

Hello bob, good to hear from you. We had a house and lived in Lewisville from 1987 to 2000. We will see you in Quartzsite, are you going to park in the same spot in Quartzsite as last year?

Happy new year

Volvo VNL610 M11+ 98 10 speed
Mountain Aire 40' 5th 2002
Outback Power, 1200 watts Sanyo panels

We are now back at North Ranch. Will be here until we head to Q.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Planning on leaving Sunday for Bozeman Montana, arriving on Monday. Staying at the KOA camp just outside of Bozeman for a week, and then up to Whitefish to ski Big Mountain, staying at a RV park in Whitefish.

Going across ND on 94, my own private freeway.

Anyone on the net, in route?

chuckd

We are in Deming NM. at the SKP Park. Someone in a White 610 with Flordia tags was at the park but I never got a chance to HI before they left - so Hi who ever you are. We will be here for a few days before heading to Yuma then Quartzsite.

If in the area stop by for a cup or a cold one.

Bob

Harley Heritage Softail
Jeep TJ

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to let everybody know, the HDT database now has a map that shows the location of each member. If you have registered AND have your current city/state info filled out, an icon will show on the map with your username. Each time you move just update your current city/state info in your user profile and it will update your location on the map.

The HDT database can be found here.

ScreenShot003.jpg

Chris & Bonnie

2000 Volvo 610

2004 Teton Reliance Grand

http://picasaweb.google.com/chrishick610

We are finally in Quartzsite. We have already ran into HDT Friends Bill R, Tom S, Padric, and Steve O.

We are currently located in the Scaddan Wash Area.

Coming from Yuma on 95 turn right (east) on Kuehn Road and go east till the church on the Northeast corner of Riggles and Kuehn. Continue east 1.2 miles to the Scaddan Wash 14 day area. You will see a yellow hat on the bushes on you right side just past the SCADDAN WASH SIGN turn right (south) and follow yellow hats or green worm signs 1/2 mile we are on the right - hard to miss red trucks in the desert.

If coming from the East exit at the first Quartzsite exit (Exit 19) turn left(south) at the top of the ramp and continue to the T i(stop sign) at corner of Kuehn and Riggles. Turn left and continue east 1.2 miles to the Scaddan Wash 14 day area. You will see a yellow hat on the bushes on you right side just past the SCADDAN WASH SIGN turn right (south) and follow yellow hats or green worm signs 1/2 mile we are on the right - hard to miss red trucks in the desert.

GPS Location is N 33 39.712 W 114.10.989.

Bob

Harley Heritage Softail
Jeep TJ

Finally got out of Alaska.

We landed in Wichita on January 2nd then headed to Wakarusa, IN New carpet and misc work..

We are currently sitting in Sierra Vista, AZ, with Jim and Val Gehlen. Will be heading out towards Quartzsite on this Sunday.

Snowblower --- What the h is that for.. man this is long over due!