HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

Sitting in the Winnemucca KOA on my way to the WCR.  This is a newer KOA right off I80.  It is easy in and easy out and the sites are decent size.  I have enough room for my 42' 5er and my (short wheelbase) T2000 end to end (unhitched).

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

Sitting in the Winnemucca KOA on my way to the WCR.  This is a newer KOA right off I80.  It is easy in and easy out and the sites are decent size.  I have enough room for my 42' 5er and my (short wheelbase) T2000 end to end (unhitched).

Chad,

Thanks for the report, we are planning to use that KOA later in the year for an ATV trip.

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

In Red River, NM, at River Ranch. Cool little town, filled with Texans. Unloaded the bikes today, going around the Enchanted Circle and strafing corners for a few days. Then it's off to the Ozarks to meet up with Paul & Paula for more motorcycle fun.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

6 hours ago, rickeieio said:

In Red River, NM, at River Ranch. Cool little town, filled with Texans. Unloaded the bikes today, going around the Enchanted Circle and strafing corners for a few days. Then it's off to the Ozarks to meet up with Paul & Paula for more motorcycle fun.

Nice area we where there last year but stayed in Taos, I did get to ski Red River this past Feb, nice mountain. How is the campground as we are planning to head back out that way next summer, thanks for any info.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

River Ranch has a few sites that work, if you don't mind back in. Not fancy, but not expensive for a tourist area.

pulling out tomorrow to meet up with Paul & Paula in the Ozarks.

Edited by rickeieio

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

We will be leaving Seward and heading to Homer, AK tomorrow.  We plan to stay there for a month. 

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

We're at Ozark View RV just north of Harrison, AR with Paul & Paula. Good roads and good friends equals good times. Will meander back home next week.

Edited by rickeieio

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

Sitting at Enchanted Trails RV Park in Alburquerque, NM. On our way to Chama, NM via Cortez, CO. We will spend 3 night here then 3 nights in Cortez. We will be in Chama  at Rio Chama RV Park (in Site R-3)  until Sept 5. 

If any of you want to spend quiet time at 8,000ft. come to Chama. The train runs from Memorial day week-end until mid Oct. 

Rio Chama has sites large enough for our kind and they are used to me.

ShortyO

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 2:21 PM, wtgeodog said:

Sitting at Enchanted Trails RV Park in Alburquerque, NM. On our way to Chama, NM via Cortez, CO. We will spend 3 night here then 3 nights in Cortez. We will be in Chama  at Rio Chama RV Park (in Site R-3)  until Sept 5. 

If any of you want to spend quiet time at 8,000ft. come to Chama. The train runs from Memorial day week-end until mid Oct. 

Rio Chama has sites large enough for our kind and they are used to me.

ShortyO

We made that run last summer. It was a lot of fun. Chama is a quiet little town.

Chris & Tonya

'99 Freightliner FLD120, '01 Wabash Toyhauler (32' garage, 20' LQ)

27b.jpg.d0423223324307d7b8525a90ffe5746e.jpg

Back home in south-east Indiana.  

Took three days out to New Mexico, via Concordia, MO, where we had a brief but enjoyable visit with the Dixons, two days from there to Red River, NM, where we spent 5 days riding the mountain roads and fly fishing, two days to Harrison, AR, where we met up with Paul and Paula for a week of riding the Ozarks, and finally two days to drive home.  A total of 7 days in the truck for about 3000 miles.  The days spent on the bikes were more fun.B)

On a whim, we got our rig washed and waxed in a campground in Effingham, IL.  Not cheap, ($189), and just a fair job.  It was some product where the "wax" is in the soap.  Blue Beacon would be a better value.  But it sure looks better than before.  Live and learn...............

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

Rodeane and I arrived at Toad River today and plan to stay a week.  Toad River is at mile 422, km 651 of the Alaska Highway and has 50 residents.  It is in the far Northern Rockies and not far from Stone Mountain Provincial Park, home of a flock of Stone Sheep, a local bighorn subspecies.  The sheep have an area of the highway where essential nutrients can be licked off the asphalt and they have become used to cars slowly passing them at a close distance.  In addition to the sheep we saw three moose and two bears on our short drive between Ft. Nelson and Toad River.  The black bears were grazing on the grass along the sides of the highway.  Toad River is a fast flowing river and during the construction of the Alaska Highway all traffic across the river had to be towed, giving the river its name.  The person who initially opened the lodge adopted the name, but spelled it Toad.

A large beaver lodge was built in the lake the RV park is located and when we walked over to see it we encounterd Junior Beaver having a dinner of aspen bark.  Junior had grown up next to the RV park and was most tolerant of us.  We saw one of his parents leave the lodge and swim around, but Junior let us get good photos with an iPad.  When we would get too close Junior would just stop chewing and look at us.  

A note for folks driving into far northern BC on the Alaska Highway.  At some point north of Fort Nelson the road repair crews ran out of asphalt and could no longer fill in pot holes (I assume).  They did have plenty of paint, so instead of filling in in the potholes the road crews simply outlined them in bright paint.  From the truck I can see them in time to avoid them, but cars would not have much reaction time.

John

John McLaughlin

2010 Volvo 730, D13, I-shift, singled and decked

2014 Lifestyle 38' Fifth Wheel

Hey where is the WCR folks, I guess I'm late as usual ;) Spending the night at the Ambassador RV Resort. After 6 days from Fairbanks to Las Vegas. Now heading to Oregon to retrieve a few stored items then heading back to Fairbanks with a cargo trailer.

Larry&Donna 

Planning Nanook version 2.0

Nanook "When we made ready to depart, after a few days, Nanook was beside himself with joy. Hudson Stuck

Just got into Dawson City, Yukon after spending six weeks in AK. Met up with Janet and Raymond Church in Valdez, AK. Good times. Bad weather and mostly challenging roads. Low marks for Tok Cut-off and Tok to Chicken roads. Chicken to Dawson City not so bad. All doable; just got to go slow! And have a sense of humor. 

2010 Volvo VNL 670 D13 500 HP Ishift - "THOR"

2016 DRV Elite Suites 38RSSA - "Freya"

2012 Smart For Two - "Loki"

Ron & Shelley Johnston, pilots

Toy, Nika, and Piranha, feline co-pilots and Demi-gods (at least if you ask them).

We are headed to the Black Hills in a couple hours. A week of sight seeing and some 4 wheeling are in order. Get to put the new toy hauler to use. Will be staying outside of Custer, SD and making day trips from there.

Edited by maveric

Chris & Tonya

'99 Freightliner FLD120, '01 Wabash Toyhauler (32' garage, 20' LQ)

27b.jpg.d0423223324307d7b8525a90ffe5746e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We will be heading out to Oshkosh (Wisconsin) this Friday.  DW driving the rig and I will fly the plane to Airventure for 11 days.

dcIIfYh.jpg

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

• 4 weeks later...

I can finally jump in on this thread.

We left Peachtree City, GA yesterday on Sunday and drove around Atlanta on 285 up 75 to 24 past Chatanooga. We took Hwy 27 & hwy 127 to I-40 and are staying at Davy Crocket CG. For future reference W16 is a great spot for an HDT with plenty of room to back in. W15 is very narrow so skip that one. I haven't got a chance to walk around to look at others.

In a couple days we will be headed to Shoshoni, WY to watch the Eclipse so we'll doing a long cross country repositioning.

We'll be in Silverton, CO at the end af August and then Taylor Park, CO after that. 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

I've been in Parsons, KS for the last week at the shop.....always some work to do. Head back to CO tomorrow. The cool mountain air will feel great.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

• 2 weeks later...

We are at King Neptune RV Park near Peggys Cove, Nova Scotia, just had the best sea food chowder at Shaw's Landing. Heading to Newfoundland in a few days.

Edited by Tom & Karen

2011 vnl730 D13 435/1650 I-shift singled mid 2015 Keystone Raptor 425ts 2015 Smart

We just moved from sitting at the base of Mt Rainier for the last 4 months, to my Dad's farm in Ferndale WA. My folks are 96 and 93 still living by themselves on the Farm. We come here for a few weeks in the fall to help harvest their huge Gardens. They still home can beans and we eat fresh garden products. We've taken box loads of garden fresh products to the food bank and generally help get the farm ready for winter. 

2003 Volvo VLN630
2016 38 RS3 Mobile Suite
2010 Smart behind the cab

FullSizeRender_zpsrtbccowj.jpg