HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After propping my flipflops on a beach in the Philippines since April 7 2016, I find myself roping a Nitrogen tanker at 56,500kgs loaded around northern Alberta and BC again. lol

What is old is new again. Unfortunately, they pretty much won't let anyone over 60 back into the Middle East after the last slowdown and I'm still a couple of years short of my pension.

The boss is still in the Philippines and I miss her and being there. We hit -42*C a couple of weeks ago and this is NOT what I'm used to. lol

Geo

George,
Suzuki Celerio 998cc

Yamaha NMAX scooter

Work ride is Western Star N2 Tri-Tri tanker at 56,500kg loaded

Glad to see you back, George!!!!

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Thanks guys!!!

Good to be back. Plan on working into breakup in April, then back to the Phils to maybe September, then back here with the family for a few years split between Canada and the Phils. We have family both here and there so splitting our time seems to make sense.

I am very fortunate that Essential Coil Well Service wanted me back. Lots of changes, but so far they are all good. Having fun and learning something new each and every day!!

Geo

George,
Suzuki Celerio 998cc

Yamaha NMAX scooter

Work ride is Western Star N2 Tri-Tri tanker at 56,500kg loaded

• 4 weeks later...

In Phoenix, AZ (Peoria) for a couple of weeks (Spring Training - Play Ball!).

Edited by TreySelman

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

• 2 weeks later...

Sitting in San Antonio this week and look who pulls in to the park. I bet most of you will only need one guess who drives the red, flamed out Volvo.

Jim_Alie_SanAntonio.jpg

Got to spend a couple of days with Jim and Alie but will be pulling out for Fredericksburg in the morning. wish we could spend more time together as we had a good time even if we did blow our diet eating pizza tonight.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Just about the oldest truck HDT in the crowd and the newest.  I will admit though that the KW did ride nice...... ALMOST as nice as a Volvo B) !

Had a great time hanging around with y'all, Mexican market and restaurant plus the pizza was worth the diet set back!

Sad thing is that the Prevost coach next to us with the custom stacker trailer puts us both to shame!

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

8 hours ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Just about the oldest truck HDT in the crowd and the newest.  I will admit though that the KW did ride nice...... ALMOST as nice as a Volvo B) !

Had a great time hanging around with y'all, Mexican market and restaurant plus the pizza was worth the diet set back!

Sad thing is that the Prevost coach next to us with the custom stacker trailer puts us both to shame!

Not most could put that crowed to shame, man I wish I had me some of  flames:P

GCTaaehl.jpg

David, where are you staying in that area? We are looking for a stopping point headed North.

See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

We were staying at the KOA in San Antonio on the east side of town. Make sure you explain to them how long you are to get a long site.

In Fredericksburg, we are in Quiet Creek RV park. 85' long sites, not much shade as it is a new park but they are about 25% full with plenty of room.

2017 Kenworth T680
2016 Smart Prime

David, perfect time to be in Central Texas. Sorry we missed you - We left Austin the first of March and missed the bluebonnets. (Got to see the first ones pop out of the ground and then had to vamos). Check out Wildseed Farms just east of Fredricksburg to see the varieties that have  

Austin is our home. And please get plenty of BBQ (a bit too early for peaches but Blue Bell Ice Cream is good any time)

Edited by TreyandSusan

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

The bluebells are beautiful right now and blooming everywhere. Waco was looking good last week with the flowers as well.

Went past Wildseed Farms today on the way to a winery but will try to go there this week. Don't have a lot of time here as we need to leave Thursday morning. Dad's 95th birthday is Saturday and I will not miss that for anything.

2017 Kenworth T680
2016 Smart Prime

• 1 month later...

Left the ECR yesterday and headed back to KS to finish our truck conversion. We got stopped by the weather in Cadiz, Ky. Going to punch through the rain today, now that the worst is over. One week in KS, then on to Woodland Park, CO for the summer season.

www.jackdanmayer.com

Second night at Spacecraft before parking near Platte City till early July. They are building a 57 ft semi with 8 slides and electric heated floors throughout.  Nice visit with Greg Shields who was here when I pulled in last night .

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Arrived Whitecourt, Alberta for the night.  Continuing our trek North early tomorrow.

Darn we missed seeing the Nenana, AK Ice Classic. The Tripod tipped over at noon today.

Planning Nanook version 2.0

Nanook "When we made ready to depart, after a few days, Nanook was beside himself with joy. Hudson Stuck

For any and all Alaska-bound travellers, we're back in Grande Prairie for the summer. If you need a hand with anything, from camping recommendations, service help, or just coffee, please get in touch.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.