HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the KOA Des Moines West. Arrived last night. Park is almost full. They advertise that all the sites are 75 ft, but I think they measure from the center of the road to the center of the next road. I have my 42 ft very close to the front edge of my site and barely have enough room to pull the truck in sideways at the back. Certainly not as big as the spot I had in Tallahassee and they were advertised at 75 foot also. Sites are also not quite level going to have to put blocks under my slide out side.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Arrived at Buncombe Creek Marina on Lake Texoma last Wednesday; estimated length of stay 4-6 weeks. Because of last year's flooding, big stripers are few & far between, but we're catching catfish!

Renee

Dave, Renee & furkids Casey & Miss Kitty
1998 Volvo 610 Straight 10 "Leather n' Lace"; Herrin bed w/Rampage motorcycle lift; 2010 40' New Horizons Majestic; 2008 Harley FLSTC; 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 1999 Yamaha 4X4 Kodiak (that is NOT with us!)

Dolly the paint horse and the Dollytrolley wondered down the outback roads from Oregon about 10 days ago and ate boondocking around the edges of Death Valley watching all of the snowbirds flocking North......supposed to get 98 Fri so weight wonder up to higher elevations soon....still have 450 gal of water so no need to go to the water hole too soon...

We might treck into Pahrump in the Samuria for a fat pill (ice cream cone) but otherwise we enjoy the silence and starry night skies......6 wild donkies stole some of Dolly s water a couple of days ago but otherwise pretty sadate out here in nowhere......

Drive on....(don't get hit by a shooting star)

Edited by Dollytrolley

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

We are finally "fulltiming", picked a seasonal sight to get things figured out & not be too far from family. Parked in River Bay Resort just North of Wis. Dells. Plan to get to HDT Rally in Oct. & then lollygag around the warmth & head to Florida for the winter. Safe travels to everyone.

Todd & Beth

“…nothing so liberalizes a man and expands the kindly instincts that nature put in him as travel and contact with many kinds of people.” – Mark Twain

A little change of plans.

Stop by Pie Town, NM for lunch, who can resist pie a la mode, then down the mountain to Nellis AFB for the night.

Larry&Donna

Edited by Larry&Donna-AK

Planning Nanook version 2.0

Nanook "When we made ready to depart, after a few days, Nanook was beside himself with joy. Hudson Stuck

Still in the AZ Desert which we love ( DeAnaza Trails RV Resort in Amado) but... really itching for an elevation change as summer temps and too much wind gets old. Our 'new to us' rig is supposed to be ready late this week and we still need to add a hitch on the back of the 5th wheel before we head for South Dakota to finish up our domocile details! Cannot wait much longer... woohoo!

p.s. to Larry & Donna - We did find an CRV so we're all set. Now we need to see who'd like our Smart Car and then... and then.. :)

Tipper

"GAR" is a 2001 White Volvo 660 singled long w/ VED12 465 3.58 - Eaton Fuller Auto-shift 10spd. 3 pedal- Onan QD 6500 Gen. (aka "Joyrider")

2010 Carriage Royals International 36MAX1 w/ MORryde IS, G114's 17.5" wheels, (SOLD)

2014 Honda CRV AWD (ready to flat tow but driven separately by my DW!

Class of 2016 Full-Timers

We are in Barstow, CA for a quick over night stay. We are heading to Flagstaff, AZ in the morning. We will be staying at Greers Pine Shadows RV Park in Flagstaff for two days (on our way to Texas). After Flagstaff, we will stay at the Cibola Sands KOA in Grants, NM for two days. Then the Amarillo, TX KOA for a night. Then to the Dallas area for a family reunion and some mooch docking on their property.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

After stopping on the North side of Houston to get an estimate on some self inflicted repairs, we've spent time at the Galveston Bay RV Resort and Marina in Dickinson (big concrete pads & roads, about 10 will work with HDT's, quiet, mostly pull through's, nice place, need a form) Be careful of the low hanging trees on the access roads. Also stayed at a place called Pecan Park RV Resort up in San Marcos. Trailer wheels almost fit in the crushed shell width. No pad. Nearly same price. Non disparagement clause in contract so can't say much, but suffice to say I do not need a form.

We'll be headed back to Houston on Wedensday to have 3 slides installed and a TV antenna that I can't tear off, then on to somewhere near El Paso. Got any suggestions?

Paul & Paula

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

• 2 weeks later...

Raymond and I are @ Stillwater Park Campground (www.stillwater.ca), Nipigon, Ontario. Just an overnight here, but FHU hookups plus WiFi that zooms. We left Bill and Joan Richard's KOA this morning- what a wonderful week we spent there and enjoyed Sault Ste Marie, ON. Heading to Thunder Bay, ON tomorrow for 3 nights. LOTS to see and do there. Safe Travels everyone!

Janet Church Lifetime Member #96033 RDBE #58
2005 Volvo 630
2008 Blue Smart
2006 Ruby Red Smart (1st Gen)
2009 DRV 36' Mobile Suites
NO PMs PLEASE. I might not see them for a long time! Contact me at: jags1fan@gmail.com

better half: G8r.Ray Raymond Church

My blog: ForksInTheRVRoad.com

We are in La Vita, Colorado for a few days after a week in Colorado springs. Circle The Wagons campground is a delightful 40 space privately owned campground with some of the most beautiful scenery around. Heading to Dodge City, Kansas next.....might dig up some history on some of my cattle rustlin', stage robbin' relatives ?? Be safe. Charlie

Don't ever tell a soldier that he doesn't understand the cost of war.

Just left Dallas and arrived at the big Texan in Amarillo. Got a late start and this is as far as we made it today. Tomorrow Colorado Springs. And a little colder temps me hopes

2009 Volvo 780. D-16 500hp 1850 torque with a Herrin hauler bed.

2015 Continental Coach

2008 650cc Suzuki Bergman

2013 Mustang GT 500 convertible

2014 Smartcar convertible

WWW.Hollyfab.com. (Metal Fabrication Company)

Jamesc@hollyfab.com (preferred contact method)

Just left Dallas and arrived at the big Texan in Amarillo. Got a late start and this is as far as we made it today. Tomorrow Colorado Springs. And a little colder temps me hopes

Gonna be hot in the Springs, JC....but not as hot as Dallas!!

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

JC is leaving town at the right time and of course we just got back home last week. Highs in mid 90s but heat indexes to meet or exceed 105*.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

Can't speak for Colorado Springs, but Buena Vista (only 2 hours from the Springs) has been around 77 the last few days. Did have a couple of days in the low 80's early last week. Just to be ornery! (evil laugh)...

Richard & Sharon

For Sale - 2005 Freightliner Century RV Hauler

Truck-for-sale-smaller.jpg

Can't speak for Colorado Springs, but Buena Vista (only 2 hours from the Springs) has been around 77 the last few days. Did have a couple of days in the low 80's early last week. Just to be ornery! (evil laugh)...

You in the campground?

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

We're in Amado, AZ (south of Tucson) We've been held up as we re-fit and move into our new to us 2010 Carriage 5th wheel. Problems are getting fixed and we're deciding whether to leave quickly or wait for the 113 degree forecast to come and go It' s just plain hot in the desert southwest and we want to stop in Safford AZ for at least one night to visit our son's place before heading to higher ground as we need to get to Rapid City to finish up our domicile details. Worst scenario is to wait out this next heat wave coming late this week and head out mid week next Wednesday.

We lived in Colorado for over 20 years before moving to Southern Arizona. We miss the mountain splendor and we don't miss the hail damage. LOL Woodland Park is/was one of our most favorite areas to camp and still be relatively close to front range necessities. Can't wait to camp up there again. Stay cool my friends :)

"GAR" is a 2001 White Volvo 660 singled long w/ VED12 465 3.58 - Eaton Fuller Auto-shift 10spd. 3 pedal- Onan QD 6500 Gen. (aka "Joyrider")

2010 Carriage Royals International 36MAX1 w/ MORryde IS, G114's 17.5" wheels, (SOLD)

You in the campground?

Buena Vista and the Presidential Peaks are some of Colorado 's most beautiful places to us. Enjoy. Are you parked in a treed area or out in the open? Just curious