HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

We are in Tucson at Davis-Monthan AFB Fam Camp. We will be here through to sometime in March unless the docs cut us loose earlier.

Mike, Nancy and the fuzzies.

Fulltiming since 6/04

2005 Mobile Suites 38RL3 5er - resistin'

2000 Volvo 660 motorhome toter - pullin'

2010 Honda Gold Wing piggyback - ridin'

2007 Saturn Ion - pushin'

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pulled in next to Ray & Janet Church across the road from NAS Jacksonville yesterday. We'll be visiting with them for a few days.

Cindy & Jeff Brett
2014 Mobile Suite Memphis 44'
2004 Volvo 630 (The Sonshine Express), ET Hitch, Jackalopee & Szmyt Wonderbed
2016 Smart (Blanche)

Now in Eureka Heights, FL at the Ocklawaha Canoe Outpost and RV Resort for a week. You HAVE to want peace and quiet to come here! It's not what one would call a resort. There is a convenience store in Eureka Heights, and that's about it. Ocala is about a 20 minute drive. Visiting with our fellow workampers before moving on the hang out with the Penners. We had a great time with the Raymond & Janet Church.

Cindy & Jeff Brett
2016 Smart (Blanche)

We've moved out of our S&B and into the Mobile Suites! :D We're parked in Yukon RV Park, Yukon, Florida (a part of Jacksonville), located just west of US 17 (Roosevelt Blvd) and the FEC (Florida East Coast) railroad tracks at the end of the Naval Air Station Jacksonville runway. We plan to stay 'til middle of March, when we plan to head for Deer Run RV Resort, Crossville, TN, current home of the ECR.

Jeff and Cindy Brett stopped by for a few, wonderful days to visit before heading farther south--we enjoyed their time with us more than I have the ability to write.

Since today is the first day of 2014, Happy New Year to all!!! Safe travels (or, safe parking, as the case may be) and may this be a most wonderful year to begin the rest of your days!

Raymond (G8r.Ray; i.e., Gator Ray) & Janet
Grinnin' ear-to-ear, since 2012-03-14

2005 Volvo 630 Motor Coach,

VE D12 465hp/1650lb-ft, 12 sp FreedomLine (2-Peddle),
217in WB, smart car deck/bed by Toterman, Pressure Pro,
PowerTank, Crossfire (dual tire pressure equilizer)

2006 smart forTwo Passion (450, Gen I), Ruby Red/Silver
2008 smart forTwo Passion (451, Gen II), Blue/Black
2009 DRV Mobile Suites 36RS3

We are now at the Red Oaks RV Resort in Bushnell, Florida just down the road from Chris & Vern (wrknrvr) Penner for about 2 months. Our travel south has been most enjoyable as well as the visits with friends along the way. We plan to attend the RV Show next week and hope to see some of our fellow HDTers.

Cindy & Jeff Brett
2016 Smart (Blanche)

Sitting at the Tampa Show in the "Newmar Kountry Klub" (Campsite "477")section alongside no other than "SIberNut". Funny thing is we pulled in under less than ideal circumstances and have not had a chance to talk with Ron yet. We orchestrated our arrival in flawless fashion I must say. I was (and am) fighting a killer flu. I broke camp predawn in Orlando while fighting the flu and made my way toward Tampa, caught Ron on the phone to find he had a restless night as well fighting the truckstops and whatnot. Once the rendezvous was determined he simply moved to the shoulder of the onramp and waited a short time for our arrival. As I approached his exit, I called and let him know, he merged into heavy traffic at highway speed and we fell in behind like a good little lemming. Ten minutes later we arrive at the fairgrounds about 0815 AM in the rain yesterday. We parked, setup camp, and I spent the day in the fetal position fighting the flu.

Hopefully we can enjoy Ron's company today without contaminating him.

See you all at the show!

Edited by Jim Hicks

fbcover2.jpg

Fulltiming, Class of 2013

2001 Volvo VNL 610 with Smart Hauler Bed (FOOTLOOSE)

2012 Smart 4 Two (FANCY-FREE)

2004 Newmar Mountain Aire with Motorcycle Lift (LEADFOOT)

2013 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra (LIGHTFOOT)

"Submarines Forever"

Hope you feel better soon, Jim.

Jim

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

Jim, I saw you guys around the corner from me....hopefully you get to see some of the show....

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Have fun Tampa show would like to go some year!!!! the Q this year ATVing with the HDT group!!!

97 9200 cornbinder super 10 M11E cummins 1350 ftlbs
81 CJ7 jeep
2000 36ft nuwa king dome onan 6500LP gen/remote start
94 sport Nautique
2007 dyna wide glide 6 speed
N7UVW
2007 30ft work&play-LK-- toy hauler by forest river

2006 Alfa toyhouse 40 ft

2010 42kz Escalade toyhauler

We are at the RV show in Quartzite Arizona with the Heavy Haulers BoF group and haven fun............

89 peterbilt 372 (the helmet) COE 3406 b 450 hp eaton fuller roadranger 18 speed 150,000 orignal miles A.K.A. DARTH HELMET
2006 40 foot alfa toyhouse
2010 smart passion red with black tridion cell A.K.A. the GERBLE

1978 Jeep cj5 V8 Eugene the Jeep

Back from the Tampa show. We will be in Summerdale, AL at the Escapees Rainbow Plantation until late February. Anyone that wants to see/talk HDT or New Horizons is welcome to stop by....or even if you do NOT want to talk those things.... :)

See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

Staying in Goldfield just North of Apache Junction for a few weeks then off to ???? with the horses.

Anyone in the area welcome to stop by and say hi.

Follow our travels with the blog on the link in the Signature

Edited by stolpsaddles

2005 Western Star, MDE 4000 ,singled mid, 12' deck with Smart Car
Bison Stratus 3 horse with 16' short wall 12' slide out

http://www.spottedhorsegallery.com/
http://www.campingandhorses.com/

• 3 weeks later...

Still in Florida sitting on the Gulf in Carrabelle. Weather has been nice - some rain & fog, lots of sunshine and clear sky's - and no snow or ice. We have been to several barrier islands in the inflatable with our 8HP outboard. Absolutely beautiful.

coolday.jpg

dogbeach2.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

campsite.jpg

DSCN1874.jpg

snowmessage.jpg

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

• 2 weeks later...

Still in Florida sitting on the Gulf in Carrabelle. Weather has been nice - some rain & fog, lots of sunshine and clear sky's - and no snow or ice. We have been to several barrier islands in the inflatable with our 8HP outboard. Absolutely beautiful.

coolday.jpg

dogbeach2.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

campsite.jpg

DSCN1874.jpg

snowmessage.jpg

I almost choked laughing so hard!

• 4 weeks later...

We're in Perry, Georgia. Saw Raymond and Janet Church pass by on I-75 on their first day of full-timing on the road.

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Now in Charlotte North Carolina and not successfully avoiding cold weather. :)

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Yeah, it is cold here in Kansas, too. About 2" of snow today, but it all melted. Moving out of our trailer to our temp toyhauler for the next 3-4 months. Closed the deal on our 2012 today.

www.jackdanmayer.com

Jack, I saw you and Danielle headed north on TX 6 going through Bryan on the 12th. Your rig looks quite impressive on the road.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

Arrived in East TX in the piney woods for about a week, just south of Tyler. Will head up to Hillsdale State Park in Kansas in about a week. Jack, get things a little hotter up there for us. Don't mind the cool nights, but like it in the mid 70's during the day.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Headed to Indiana tomorrow (flying) to go check the progress of the new continental coach. We are so excited, Thinking about "camping" in it for one night in the shop.

We are definitely going to be in hutch this year. Have lots of questions and look forward to meeting everyone.

Jc

2009 Volvo 780. D-16 500hp 1850 torque with a Herrin hauler bed.

2015 Continental Coach

2008 650cc Suzuki Bergman

2013 Mustang GT 500 convertible

2014 Smartcar convertible

WWW.Hollyfab.com. (Metal Fabrication Company)

Jamesc@hollyfab.com (preferred contact method)

Thanks Phil. Wait until you see the new trailer - it will be silver to match the truck.

Rocky, I want a little more warmth here...20's at night is getting "boring", and the toyhauler we are moving into is old and not all that well insulated. It is a real "shock" to move into such a small space. But better than living in the truck for 3-4 months.

JC, I'm looking forward to see what you did for your new trailer!

www.jackdanmayer.com

Still in the 60s and 70s in Redding but finally getting a little rain for a few days... maybe a tenth or so predicted. Temps will dip into the 50s then probably get back into the 70s.

The has been the weather that everyone has been looking for all winter and here we just fell into it after Christmas. It wasn't even supposed to be an overnight stop. Oh well, I guess we can still put up with it.

We should be leaving about April 6th to head to Arcata and points north up US 101 into Oregon. I am sure the day/night temps will be closer together but a bit cooler overall. However, I am told the scenery will more than compensate for that "hardship".

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

Raymond retired 7 March 2014. We both ran/walk the 2014 Gate River Run (15K) in Jacksonville, FL on 15 March. Loaded the Smart that afternoon and exited Jax Sunday 16 March. Went near Knoxville to visit Carl/Donna Wagner and have new tires on all wheels. YAY! What a wonderful time staying with Donna and Carl. Checked into Deer Run RV Resort, Crossville, TN 18 March and plan to exit here 16 April. This is a beautiful resort and Kim has finished some great upgrades.

Safe Travels, Everyone!

Janet Church Lifetime Member #96033 RDBE #58
2005 Volvo 630
2008 Blue Smart
2006 Ruby Red Smart (1st Gen)
2009 DRV 36' Mobile Suites
NO PMs PLEASE. I might not see them for a long time! Contact me at: jags1fan@gmail.com

better half: G8r.Ray Raymond Church

My blog: ForksInTheRVRoad.com

All set up at Hillsdale Lake State Park, south of Olathe, Kansas. Good timing as they just turned on the water to our loop at the park today. Using the 30amp outside loop which is right on the water. Just need the sun to come out after it rains tomorrow!

This is a great park and now it is even better since we have our own tank on the truck for dumping our trailer tanks.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg