RDBE (for those in the know)

ddshjs

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hjsdds

WISHING ALL THE RDBE GALS A WONDERFUL MOTHERS DAY! JUST FOR A THRILL, TAKE THE TESTOSTERONE BUNCH FOR A JOY RIDE IN YOUR BIG RIG!! MAYBE HE'LL TREAT YOU TO A ROMANTIC DINNER IF YOU PROMISE TO RETURN HIM BACK SAFELY!!! THE RDBE MISTRESS

Guest hjsdds

Coming from the "testosterone bunch" it sounds like an invitation to be "taken for a ride". But I have to echo 5th_Wheeler's post and wish all the gals Happy Mothers Day.

The RDBE Mistress had to put up with three other "testosterones" besides me, that's why she is probably so crazy about her three granddaughters these days.

I also want to congratulate Charles Lee and Cindy. It comes through that Charles is very proud of his wife as are all of us who have wives driving the rigs.

On a lighter note it could be said that us "testosterones" occasionally "muse and compare". Like for instance a makeup laden, silicone injected, empty headed trophy wife vs. rig hauling, truck driving RDBE. Hmmm? I wonder which one is better for a long term relationship?

hjs

• 2 weeks later...

A very belated "Thank you!" for the birthday wishes from everyone.

Also, let me add my wishes for all those May birthdays! Hope they all are/were terrific.

I hope that I'll get to meet all of you somewhere along the way....we won't be able to be at the rally in Wichita this year; maybe in '08. Meanwhile, hope to run into some of you (not literally, of course icon_smile.gif) somewhere along the highways and byways. Please honk, wave, or stop and say hi, and we'll do the same!

Sally

P.O. Once you've driven your rig you'll never want to give up the wheel. I love it, and am always having to remind Tom that it's my turn to drive!

Tom and Sally Gierisch, SKP#60186

99 Volvo 610,"Cloud 9, aka Cloudy",12.7 Detroit 430/500, 9-sp Eaton, 3:48 rear,182" wb

2001 40' Teton Jackson, "Blizzard"

Guest hjsdds

SAlly, Keep up the good work and we'll miss you in Wichita! Let us know where you'll be and we'll look out for you,in the drivers seat of course! Hugs Davena

ALSO

Birthday Greetings go out to our new RDBE member #37, Linda Wilkins on her birthday May 27th! Hope you have a great day and enjoy! RDBE Mistress

Guest hjsdds

Happy Birthday Greetings to Valerie Gehlin and Carolyn Taylor who will celebrate their birthdays on May 31st! Wish you both a great day,with lot's of presents and good cheer!(Jim and Gary, better run to the mall today!) Hugs, Davena

Guest hjsdds

The RDBE Mistress is probably going to kill me, but what would life be without risk.

She has her sources and I have mine and according to "my source" the current record for RDBE double pulling stands at 87 feet (you know who you are).

I am assuming that the RDBE "executive board" must consider military style ribbons to "honor" various accomplishments and that would be a pretty rare ribbon.

With all these goings around me now I know how Bill feels now that he is out of the office and Hilary is running things!

hjs

hjs said: "With all these goings around me now I know how Bill feels now that he is out of the office and Hilary is running things!"

I bet Bill probably feels the same way he did when he was in office. Wasn't Hilary running everything then too????

Mike

Abuelo Loco Blog

He who dies with the most toys is still dead........and may also be subject to Mark 10:25.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest hjsdds

Bill and Cece, She is RDBE #40! Happy to have her join us! Once she does the Limoncello Toast at her first gathering she's in! When you get your BIG truck send us the details ( make, year, color and what you name it!) A px of Cece in the RDBE Drivers seat would be great! Hope you had a safe trip home and we're hoping for an early retirement package for you! Davena

Guest hjsdds

Hi To All the RDBE Gals! Thought is was time for an update. Our current membership roster is at 43 members. Gail Dixon, Amber Ramsey, and Cec Burton all joined at the East Coast Rally and Pat McFall recruited Connie Hargin and Donnalynn Vickers. Welcome gals! We're hoping that Sharon Gillam will add a few more members from the West Coast Rally! The East Coast Rally was a great time. Several gals spent a 1/2 day at the Hersey Hotel Spa with a wonderful lunch on the veranda, and indulged themselves with facials, Cuban coffee bean wraps, chocolate wraps and Swedish Massages. Hersey is celebrating its 100th celebration this year. RDBE Gal Rosanna Clayton came up with the idea and even rented a car to get us all there! Thanks a bunch Roseanna! Almost everyone toured the Gettysburg Battlefields, museums, Boyds Bear Factory, and local RV dealers for a look and see at what's new! Gail cooked a fabulous spaghetti dinner Monday night for everyone,and Thursday was a grill out highlighted by our Min Pin, Molly stealing and devouring our 2 $15.00 Tenderloins that were left unattended! Gail suggested that we have some RDBE tee shirts for the Witchita Rally and offered to get some pricing. If anyone has suggestions on colors please let us know. We had an RDBE get together Thursday evening with the traditional Limoncello toast. We enjoyed a lively discussion on driving, dealing with the Testosterone bunch, HDT / RV questions and ideas, and other topics of interest. Rosanna provided information on the router system she uses quite succesfully for internet access. Coincidently, there is an article in this months Trailer Life on the same topic. It was good to see Billie and Larry Eberle for a few days along with their grandaughter Maddy. They actually drove from Oakley, KA in their car and stayed in a nearby motel. They had loaned their RV to friends who lost their home in the recent tornado! RDBE'ers and HDT'ers are kind and, caring folks! Billie announced that her Fur Babies are going to be Mommy and Daddy in early August! Can't wait to see them so send pictures! Not sure about the timing of our RDBE get together in Wichita, but Val set aside a 1/2 hr. Wednesday morning at 8:30 which is a little early for Limoncello. I'm hoping maybe we can sqeak in a little more time later in the day after we all arrive and get our schedules set. I will email the current roster to all members. We decided it would be helpful to add cell numbers to the list in case we need to check on someone. Waiting for an update from Sharon at the West Coast Rally this week! Hope they have a great time and good weather. Safe travels and see you in Wichita! Davena

Davena...thanks for the update. Wow!! Sounds like everyone had a great time at the East Coast Rally and at the Hersey Spa. I wish we could plan something like that for the Wichita Rally. icon_cool.gif Gail, the T-shirts are a great idea. Maybe they should be "Limoncello" color. I'll buy a couple...maybe more. icon_wink.gif

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW RDBE GALS!!

Hugs to all...............Pat

One of our Vendor friends are sign makers, and they showed some interest in coming to Wichita for the rally. Do you want to give them a design that maybe they can make up for us to have our own special name pins, weather it be RDBE or HDT name pins.

If they are RDBE we could have "bars" made for different things.

Let me know what you want to do.

Hi Amber,

Welcome to the RDBE Club. Looking forward to meeting all the new "RDBE Gals" at the Wichita Rally. We also have a Volvo 770 and just love it. Again, welcome....see you in Wichita.

Pat

RDBE #3

2001 Volvo 770

2005 Teton Reliance

Guest hjsdds

Hey there Pam! I think RDBE name Tags would be great and we could have bars for different levels of 'expertise! Will email you the RDBE logo + and see what they can come up with! Color ?? Limoncello yellow?? Pat suggested that color for the shirts but just a suggestion. What do you think? Davena

Guest hjsdds

Glad to see you took the leap and found the RDBE page! You may have received a couple of the roster emails, but several were getting kicked back so had a couple overlaps! This high tech stuff isn't so high tech sometimes! You gonna have your NEW 5'er by Wichita???? icon_rolleyes.gif Hugs Davena

New 5er? What new 5er....Pam are you getting a new one???

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com