RDBE (for those in the know)

ddshjs

Sharon, Yes St Mary/East Glacier is beautiful. The snow capped mountains are so pretty! We leave Sunday for Calgary. No, we haven't been able to hike any of the trails off Many Glacier Road. ALL trails and even meadows leading to the St Marys River, etc are closed. TOO much bear activity all over. As we continue to push the season everywhere (which has been GREAT....except a little "okay a LOT" cold for Raymond; we are seeing some increased number of animals. At least that what's the locals tell us. This weekend starts "the season through Labor Day Weekend" and as soon as the tourist/cars arrive all of the animals will head farther up the mountains. So, we've stayed and done lots of driving and pulling off to take photo's, etc. Hoping to arrive Anchorage 17 June. Mayor's Midnight Run is 21 June! Take care. Keep in touch.

For everyone moving around this summer - Safe Travels!

Janet Church Lifetime Member #96033 RDBE #58
2005 Volvo 630
2008 Blue Smart
2006 Ruby Red Smart (1st Gen)
2009 DRV 36' Mobile Suites
NO PMs PLEASE. I might not see them for a long time! Contact me at: jags1fan@gmail.com

better half: G8r.Ray Raymond Church

My blog: ForksInTheRVRoad.com

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone hope you are all having a great summer.!

Sharon will add you to my prayer list. I know you will do great. Ice works great on shoulder pain. I had a vest connected to an ice chest that continuously ran cold water through it.

Heidi really enjoyed meeting you and your family and getting to know you. Hope to see you again at the ECR 2015 and on the road.

We are enjoying Millenicom instead of the slowwwww DSL.

Janet we are loving all the beautiful pictures and following your travel to Alaska. I miss having you close by. We are heading to Deer Run soon for 5 nights of much needed R and R. Carl has been putting in long hours. I can't wait until the end of July when he will go half-time. . We are traveling to Gettysburg, Hershey and Lancaster, PA with Steve and Gail Dixon in July. We will be staying at the campground near Hershey where Jeff and Cindy Brett are work camping this summer. Looking forward to spending time with these good people. As of now we are planning to attend our first National HDT Rally in October.

Safe travels everyone! God Bless and Happy Memorial Weekend!

Donna

2006 Volvo VNL 780 "Hoss", Volvo D12 465hp 1650 ft/lbs Ultrashift

Bed by JW Morgan Custom Welding

Tandem

2005 Mobile Suites 36TK3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

Thanks to all of you sweethearts for putting me and my shoulder on the prayer list. Donna, hubby had the same kind of set up with the ice machine on his several years ago, but I am still kind of nervous about that because when I do ice, what usually happens is that the cold makes my muscles kind of knot up. But it may be my best answer anyway since almost every pain medication I've tried has too many side effects for me - I have a very low tolerance to drugs. Never would have made a good street junkie I guess!!

Love hearing of everyone's travels - we shall live vicariously this summer! Still have lots of stuff to sell and get rid of (darn those hobbies that got out of control so many years ago!!). If anyone is curious as to my work and what I'm doing - check out my web page at "gottago-gottago.com". And I totally welcome any constructive critique for the content. Meantime ladies, stay safe on the road, have tons of fun, and enjoy every minute - never know when or if you'll ever get back to some place you thought was awesome. Janet, keep up the great work on the blog - your pictures are great. Alicia - do you have a blog with pictures of your Yellowstone critters and scenery also?

Hugs to all!

Sharon

Richard & Sharon

For Sale - 2005 Freightliner Century RV Hauler

Truck-for-sale-smaller.jpg

Yesterday evening, we got an offer on the house! Richard explained that we've already taken it down as low as possible, but came down $4k anyway for a counter offer to make it go away. The realtor said she'd talk to the clients and call us in the morning. This morning, she called to let us know they accepted the counter offer and are not haggling any further! Though it's contingent on the sale of their place, the realtor is pretty confident that theirs will go thru without a hitch since it's an investor buying theirs for a rental. So, the closing isn't until 7-7-14, and though I'm confident, it still "could" fall thru. Thank you all for your prayers! So please alter the prayers from "please sell the house" to "please keep everything on track and let it complete successfully" would you? We're so excited! We came in just under the wire for 6 years on the market - didn't quite make it - awww shucks!! So we lived in the house 7 years to the day, then moved out, and the closing is on the 7th day of the 7th month - funny huh? Doin' the happy dance :wub:

Richard & Sharon

Wow Sharon, what wonderful news!!! Will pray the deal 'sticks'!
Praying for you next week too. I hope the pain management is bearable and the surgery is a success.

We enjoyed our lunch with you guys last weekend. ~Susan

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Susan - it was a true pleasure to have your company for lunch - you guys are so much fun. Thanks in advance for the prayers. Hope you enjoy the last couple of days in CO! Safe travels to you and all the other gals (and their other half) who are out and about on the road. Janet, hope your truck woes get fixed quickly! Hugs to all....

Richard & Sharon

Sharon:

Awesome news! Will be happy to adjust my prayers for your home. Seems like 7 is your lucky number! ☺️ Will also being praying for success and comfort next week.

Donna

2006 Volvo VNL 780 "Hoss", Volvo D12 465hp 1650 ft/lbs Ultrashift

Bed by JW Morgan Custom Welding

Tandem

2005 Mobile Suites 36TK3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

Sharon, that's great news! Praying for your surgery on Friday.

Alicia, looking forward to living vicariously through you and seeing the pics that you're getting this year.

Janet, have been following your truck issues on the forum. I hope your get all of the wrinkles ironed out so you can proceed without concern.

Donna, enjoyed meeting you too. So glad your internet solution is working for you!

2007 2L Freightliner Century Condo, 14.0L Detroit, QD 6000
2013 Space Craft

Thank you all in advance! It's almost here, and I know HE is in control, but I am nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs! I don't do well with anesthesia (or pain), and pain meds aren't something I can handle well.... I really appreciate you guys having my back on this!

Hugs to you all, and save travels to all on the road!

Sharon

Richard & Sharon

• 1 month later...

Heidi reminded me that I haven't posted an update on my shoulder in quite a while (well, actually at all... blush). So here it is for all your wonderful prayer warriors - and I thank each and every one of you for your prayers - they've been felt and answered! So it's been one month to the day since surgery, it's healing well, range of motion is better than expected, though the physical therapist isn't really excited about that since I'm not supposed to be moving it enough to know, that it's better - much less using it enough to GET it better! Two more weeks in the sling, then I can start more aggressive (well, less passive anyway) therapy. Again, thank you all for your prayers, and I'm sorry I've been stinky bad at emailing lately!

One more prayer request though... The closing for the house sale is tomorrow. We feel confident that it's going to go thru without a hitch, but prayers for this would be appreciated! Hopefully all will go as it should, and I can post that we are done with it all after tomorrow.

Have a blessed day ladies - and safe travels for those on the road!

Sharon

Richard & Sharon

It’s DONE!!! Emancipation day has come! We are officially “homeless” and MORTGAGE FREE!!!!! Feel like a lead weight has been lifted! We were going to do the mortgage burning ceremony today, but decided we’ll save that for our anniversary. It’s a nice “gift” to each other! Seems like a nice "add on" for the anniversary huh? Thank you all for your prayers helping to make the 7 year quest to get it sold.

Ok, now for something truly LIGHT and FUNNY! A tribute to us older gals - you'll all love this!

http://videos.komando.com/watch/5927/viral-videos-funny-music-video-empowers-older-ladies

Richard & Sharon

• 1 month later...

Gail (and Steve) - so terribly sorry for your loss. Losing my mom was the worst thing that's happened to me so far. After 3+ years, I still miss her terribly - but coped with the loss a bit by reliving so very often, the funny and warm memories of things she said and did. No words can make the loss better, but you still have her in your hearts, and no one can take that away from you. Cherish those memories. My thoughts and prayers are with you guys.

Hugs,

Sharon

Richard & Sharon

• 1 month later...

Hello Gals, The 2014 Rally is just around the corner! It is shaping up to be a great rally with new RV vendors attending and new seminars.

Unfortunately, I will have to stay behind with Mom. She's not up to long distance travel at the age of 98. We drove the car up to the ECR in Tennessee in April. stayed in our little cabin again and had a great time. Donna and Carl Wagner, rally hosts, came up with creative entertainment and everyone had a fun week as usual:)

Sheri Rhoades has once again graciously agreed to oversee the RDBE meeting. We are up to 130 members in our 9th year!

In case you didn't hear, Sheri's husband Rocky was hit by a van in their Smart yesterday. He is OK thanks to 2 airbags. He has lots of bumps and bruises but the Smart has seen better days. Jo Ellen Gass's husband Jim had surgery yesterday, please keep him, Rocky and Pat and Mike McFall in your hearts and prayers. Happy birthday wishes to all the OCT. NOV.and DEC birthday gals.

Starting a project list to keep me busy while the boys are away:) My cousins husband works with Henry and he will be going to the rally with my DH. Have a great time and I will miss seeing you all. Safe travels to all and keep on driving ladies.

Davena RDBE #1

Oh, Davena, I am so sorry to hear that you will not get to come this year! I had wondered if your sweet Mom was up for the long trip to KS.... Please tell her hello from all of us.

We will miss you very much. Know that you are in our thoughts!

Love,

Heidi

2013 Space Craft

I'm looking forward to next week! Davena, you will be missed!

Sorry to hear that some of y'all have had some life challenges. Prayers to you all! And I promise each of you a big hug when I see you!

I am RickW’s amazing wife from Wylie, TX. In 2009, we made our first trek to the HDT Rally in KS in an LGT. The next year we arrived in a 2004 Volvo 780 (465hp and 10sp Auto Shift). In 2017, we transitioned into an Entegra Anthem to suit our lifestyle. We have a home and travel as often as we can, mainly to Yellowstone and other National Parks with our cats and dog, Bailey Mae. 

So sorry I haven't been active! Just now reading Sharon and Heidi's posts. Sharon, congrats on the selling of your house and sorry yo hear about your shoulder!

Heidi, you won't believe this but I haven't even gone through all of those photos! I have so e AMAZing stories to share so let's definitely catch up! I'm excited to see you and your sweet smile and to hear what exciting things you guys did last year!

Hugs to all and see you soon!

I am RickW’s amazing wife from Wylie, TX. In 2009, we made our first trek to the HDT Rally in KS in an LGT. The next year we arrived in a 2004 Volvo 780 (465hp and 10sp Auto Shift). In 2017, we transitioned into an Entegra Anthem to suit our lifestyle. We have a home and travel as often as we can, mainly to Yellowstone and other National Parks with our cats and dog, Bailey Mae. 

Shoot - sure going to miss being there this year. I send cyber hugs to you all, and Davena, a special hug to you that's big enough for you and your precious mom. You're so blessed to still have her! Took care of my Alzheimer's mom in our home for 3 years till she broke her hip and had to go to the nursing home for rehab (and her own safety by then honestly). Two years later, another fall, the other hip, and 2 weeks after she got back to the nursing home, a major stroke. Two days later, she's with her Heavenly Father - waiting on Richard and I to join her. I know you already do - but enjoy every day with her like it's her last one on Earth!

Alicia - thanks for the kudos on the house selling - sure are enjoying "being homeless"! Heidi, give a special hug to those precious little people - we sure will miss seeing them and how much they've grown up since we last saw them. Hopefully next year for the rally - and who knows, maybe somewhere before then.

Hugs and safe travels to everyone!

Sharon

Richard & Sharon

Sharon, didn't you know it is against the law for you to miss the HDT Rally??? lol We sure will miss you, girl. Sending big hugs your way!!!

And some big hugs back your way Alicia. Be sure to help Heidi pass out hugs for me this year? Hopefully we can make it next year. Hope the rally police don't come get me for missing this year. Just had too many things to do, and we're still in CO until the 20th. We got snow today! Don't need too much more of that stuff on the rv though :rolleyes:

Have fun for Richard and I everyone! Hugs to you all. And safe travels after the rally.

Sharon

Richard & Sharon

Hope you all have a wonderful week and thank you for all your wishes. I really appreciate them:) . My cousin and I took our Mom's to a beautiful park on the ocean today for a picnic lunch and to watch all the beautiful parrots and parakeets (all green and huge) that have just arrived there from the islands.Beautiful and relaxing day. Keep my DH under control if :lol: it's possible

Finally, remember Jack and Danielle ( and his dad) in your thoughts and prayers.

Hugs to all !

Davena and Mom

Hi all from the HDT Rally. During the RDBE meeting yesterday, it was suggested that we establish a Closed Facebook group for RDBE. If you are a member of Facebook and would like to become a member of this group, log into Facebook and do a search on RDBE (all caps) and request to join. Davena and I are administrators for the group. We will see your request and one of us will approve.

This group is not intended to take anything away from this forum. It will merely give us another path of communication and maybe we will reach more members. In addition, messages and threads can focus on individual topics. Members can reply to specific topics without scrolling through all the posts. I look forward to seeing you on FB.

Dale Bruss

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

I think the FB group is a great idea! Thank you guys for getting it started.

BTW, Sheri did a great job facilitating the RDBE meeting again this year. Thank you, Sheri!

We are missing all of you ladies who are not able to attend this year and our prayers are especially focused on Jack and Danielle right now.

Heidi

2013 Space Craft

Hey All! We had a great turnout for the RDBE meeting with lots of new ladies joining us. It has been so much fun to see old friends and make new ones!

The number of real truck drivin' home totin' members continues to increase each year! So encouraging.

Two topics that got lots of air time that I don't remember coming up much in the past involved the type of driver's license and testing required (differs by state), and insurance issues. It was recommended that both your truck and fiver be insured by the same company to avoid nightmares in case of an accident. By a show of hands many people, especially fulltimers, use Blue Sky but other companies were also represented. Some companies will insure one vehicle, but not the other.

It was mentioned that full timers need a homeowners component to their policy and not just vehicle coverage. Surprisingly someone said their insurance company considers "fulltimers" people who use their rig just 5 months out of the year. Read the fine print on your policy to ensure you have the coverage you think you have!

Those who still have a stick and brick home were cautioned to check their homeowners policy, too, because some are void if the home is vacant over 30 consecutive days.

Current RDBE drivers recommended this pattern to learn to drive: Truck only in the parking lot, then the highway, then town. Repeat with truck and trailer: parking lot, highway, town. Several ladies shared they actually got professional RV driving lessons and agreed it was very helpful.

If I remember correctly, there are about 8 ladies who will be driving with more experienced RDBE SISTERS coaching here at the fairgrounds. Shelly came back tonight from her first drive fired up and ready to pursue the HDT life! Awesome, awesome.

Davena, your legacy lives on!

I'll be sending the new members list home with your Sweetheart. I'll also keep a copy 'til I know you've got it in your hand! LOL

BTW, Greg led a great follow-on to RDBE, sharing driving tips and topics in a "For Women Only" session. Bottom line: "Can I break my truck?" Greg, "No." Susan S. agreed, "Not even if you do it 300 times." Get brave; get lessons; get practice; get driving!

Edited by rocksbride

Sounds like a fantastic RDBE meeting! Thanks so much Sheri and Dale and all who attended. The FB page seems to have caught on. Our deepest sympathy also to Gail and Bonnie Quinn. I have a few recipes for the cookbook so I will assemble them and get in touch with Janet, our recipe guru'. Wondering if it would be helpful for prospective members if we posted a synopsis of the RDBE meetings here and / or the FB page. It might give more insight on what we are all about and how wonderful RDBE gals are:) A tally of those who are driving and those who drove for the first time would also be fun to start.

Hugs to all, and keep that left seat warm!!

Davena