RDBE (for those in the know)

ddshjs

Guest hjsdds

Hi to all the RDBE Gals! Val has graciously scheduled our RDBE Gathering at Wichita for 8:30 am Tuesday. All gals (particularly new ones)plan to come to our site and I'll have the coffee on! Not sure about Limoncello at 8:30am?? Val said it might be possible to move the Shopping trip up a little. Those that don't plan to shop can certainly hang out and chat and sip! Pam don't forget your long sippy straw icon_razz.gif Agenda items: We need to talk about doing another calendar and ideas for pictures, Gail Dixon RDBE #38, is getting info on RDBE tee shirts, and we need to schedule driving time for a couple gals that want to try their skills with another RDBE'er, (no offense to their DH).Bring your suggestions and idea list. Maybe we can follow up with another get together toward the end of the rally when things are winding down. Our membership is at 43 and we hope to add lots of new gals to the roster this year. I am still missing birthdays on Connie Marcy and Marsha Trautman which can be PM'd! We'll review and update the roster at Wichita and encourage members to visit the HDT / RDBE thread. ?? perhaps think about an RDBE email Newsletter. Cheers and see ya'all in Wichita ! RDBE Mistress

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hjsdds

In case some of our RDBE members didn't see the post, Bonnie Quinn, RDBE #14, and Gail (Quinn the Eskimo) were involved in a motorcycle accident. Pat McFall posted the information and it sounds like Bonnie has a badly broken ankle requiring pins etc. We wish both Bonnie and Gail a very speedy recovery and will keep them in our prayers. As usual, all the HDT folks are ready and willing if they need help with anything. Get well soon! Davena

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. You never know what you don't have until you don't have. Gail has been doing really great. I know he's still hurting but he's taking commands really well. I just sit in my chair and call them out. Don't know how much more he'll take but I'll take advantage while I can. My cast will be on for three months....nothing more said.

Looking forward to seeing all this Sept. Enjoy the rest of summer. It's really beautiful up here in Alaska.

Bonnie

Gail & Bonnie Quinn (Full-timing since July 18, 2004)

2001 Volvo 610 autoshift (Ultimate V Rod) 465 HP, 1650 Torque, 3:42 gears with air locker, pictures of build can be seen @ http://community.web...theeskimogquinn

2010 New Horizons 45' custom Majestic, pictures of construction can be seen @ http://picasaweb.goo...com/gailquinn48

2003 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI, 100 HP, 118 Torque; Blog of 2007 Alaska trip @ http://quinntheeskim...nn.blogspot.com

2013 Smart Passion fortwo coupe

icon_smile.gifBonnie you and Gail are in our prayers ...Just wishing ya'll the best .....Jim & Hazel

Jim&Hazel,03 Volvo 610,425hp,10sp Autoshift,Eaton 3:90 rear,24.5Alum,184"wb,ET jr/air hitch,SafVis Cams4,XM,Press/Pro,Garmin2720,CB,Rally Sport/TS,Bigfoot Levelers,03Roadking,02Dyna Lowrider,Golden Ret in spirit,Choc Lab(Trash)..Herrin Hauler Bed..Toyota FJ ...SKP# 95463 http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2901871210078354682lLxYIz .Laissez les Bon Temps Roulez ....

Bonnie, I can't imagine being in a cast and trying to go up and down the stairs in the Teton..much less get in and out of the Volvo. You are in our prayers and we'll be looking forward to seeing you at the Rally. If we can do anything for you, please let us know. If you come back through South Dakota, stop by to see us.

Take care and hugs.............Pat

• 2 weeks later...

The RDBE mistress has been remiss. While the RDBE's made a valiant attempt at taking the smokey chair crown at the ECR this year, they did win the most creative toad award.

The creation of the toad did cause several of us to run (tell me more about this exercise of which you speak)to investigate. It turns out the speed that you ran was directly proportionate to the proximity of the creation event (aka Big Bang) to your trailer.

RDBEToad.jpg

Mark & Diane
Fulltimers class of 2018
2007 43' Space Craft - "Just Weight"
*Space Craft Evangelist*
2002 Volvo 770 - "Optimus Prime"
CEO VeloBene Bicycle Products, Inc.
www.RVNomad.com
SKP #91357 Lifetime

Guest hjsdds

I am not sure what you are suggesting here, Mark.

It wouldn't be perhaps that the RDBE talents extend far beyond driving big trucks and reach into the realms of quantum theory and perhaps "magic" too?

Although travel through worm holes and beyond speed of light still remain a theoretical possibility, abilities to fly the broom are an established belief going back to the Salem Witch Trials.

Judging from the scorch marks on this "vehicle" the "driver" had to be doing at least Mach 3.

hjs

Guest hjsdds

Nuff said! Now on to more important things! Gail is able to get the Tee shirts done for between $10 and $12 each plus shipping if they are mailed. I suggested the color green with the yellow RDBE logo. We need to know how many gals are interested in purchasing a tee shirt and the size you want. Please PM me or Gail with your preference. They need to be pre-paid with the order and we would like them before the rally so timing is a concern. Again, Bonnie is in our thoughts and hope things are coming along well, although the healing process takes time! See you in Wichita! Davena

Thanks Davena for posting that. Please ladies, get your shirt orders in asap. The more I have made, the lower the cost. I will have them ready in time for Wichita.

Gail

Steve & Gail

2000 Volvo VNL660 Autoshift Detroit 60 12.7 "Semi Crazy"

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

2018 Space Craft 48' TT "The Nut House"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

Volvo w SpaceCraft 1024.jpg

Guest hjsdds

Hey there Larry! In regards to your "witchy " inquiry, I do hope we can park next to each other again this year at Blasi. Although I can't make any promises, you may experience real bewitching occurrences first hand! icon_eek.gif See you in Wichita! Hugs to LaVila, RDBE Mistress

Guest hjsdds

HI Gals, Gail will be meeting with the TEE Shirt maker soon and will confirm a price. He prefers to use Hanes 100% cotton shirts. They ahould be ready by early September and we will distribute them at the rally to save postage. If someone isn't going to Wichita we will mail for the cost of postage. Sizes are S to XXL or >. So get your requests in now! We will make 50 and 8 orders are in! Gail was told that Blasi has sites left BUT not for BIG rigs so they are on a waiting list! Anyone have powers of persuasion with Mary to get the Tee Shirt Lady in??? Maybe send her a little sippy sippy of Limoncello?? icon_wink.gif RDBE Mistress

Guest hjsdds

RDBE Tee Shirt Update: The final cost is $10.00 and order deadline is August 25th to have them by the rally. I will email everyone with Gails address for payment as soon as I get it. If you're not going to the rally Gail will mail your shirt if you send her a mailing address. Postage will be added and will vary depending on the zip code. We have 12 orders already! Won't that make a great photo for the 2008 calendar! Safe travels! Davena

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hjsdds

Hi there Billie! We're off to the Northeast Escapees Rally down Maine tomorrow so want to send along my very best wishes for a HAPPY BIRTHDAY on Tuesday! See you in Wichita for a birthday toast!!!!! Hugs Davena

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILLIE!! AND MANY, MANY MORE!!! I know your birthday isn't until tomorrow but we'll be gone all day so I thought I would go ahead and wish you an early "Happy Birthday". Hope we see you at the Rally for our "Birthday Club Limoncello Toast".

Hugs..........Pat

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there RDBE Gals, I can't believe September is here already!! Amber, wishing you a very happy birthday and will you "forever" be young, happy and healthy! Glad you DH is taking special care on your special day! See you in Wichita! Safe Travels Davena

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RENEE AND CONNIE!!!! AND MANY, MANY MORE!!!!

Renee, hope to see you at the Rally for our "Birthday Club Limoncello Toast".

Connie, I know you won't be at the Rally but we'll have a "Limoncello Toast" for you anyway. icon_wink.gif

HAVE A GREAT DAY and HUGS.............Pat