Attention Visitors and Lurkers - Please Read and Respond to this Request

dieseldan

David

David, Sheila, & Stella the Beagle

SKP#95866 - Full-timing since 2008

GPAA/LDMA and Colorado Prospectors Life Members, NRA Life Member

Amateur Ham callsigns: KU9L & KB9YYI, Life ARRL Members

'12 Lance 1181 truck camper "Redneck Motorhome"

'12 Ford F-350SD 4x4 DRW crew-cab "Sedona" w/Firestone airbags, Power Tank, PressurePro TPMS, Garmin GPS

'09 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Red Rocks" w/Blue Ox tow-bar

'93 Fleetwood Oak Park seasonally in SW FL.

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hjsdds

Dave, Ryan and my business occupied a space on the same floor in an old mill converted to high tech center. We were the first two company on that floor so there was about 10 acres of empty space between us. Plenty of room to try his bikes and dodge the support pillars. Took me about half hour to get the jest of that under seat steering. Made me feel good when Ryan said that about 1 in three people could not get it and had to opt for different recumbents (you fall over if you try to use your balance to keep it upright, you can only steer it to keep it balanced). One year I borrowed one of his tandems which we "featured" in a parade in my Town. Whole bunch of people wanted to ride it with me.

It was an unbeliavable bike, I wish I bought one when I had a chance.

We talked often about the engineering he put into his bikes, impressive. I thought he sold the business, are these still being made?

hjs

......Larry and Kathy.....you are going to hear a lot of " I told you so's"...save your money and go with a HDTV like a Volvo and add the rest to your retirement fund so you can stay out longer instead of spending another year in the "HOME"......sipping soup and spilling it into your lap and on to your diappers.....[i'm going to hate it!]....geofkaye

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us that do"-I Asimov

I've been looking and learning, I have a Landmark Gc and a FLD 120. I enjoy seeing what others have to say. My wife and I are full timers. We will be leaving Okla in May heading west. If someone has any control over the oil companys, Please make them lower the fuel price. Other than that everything is just fine.

1998 FLD 120, 370 HP, N14,

10 Speed, 2.97 differential.

2006 Landmark, "Grand-Canyon."

2006 Smart 450, Pulse ,,,

U.S. Army, SFC, Retired

KE5DXI

http://community.webshots.com/user/oleHippie101

Guest hjsdds

Hippie, post your picture in public domain site like Webshots. When you bring the Webshots picture up to look at, on the right you have a panel that says "link to this picture". There are three choices there. Highlight "direct link to image", right click and copy to your computer. Open your personal panel on the Escapees. In the line that says avatar, right click and paste the Webshots link. That's how I did mine. The bottom choice, "post in a forum" allows you to post links in the text of your message to specific pictures as you will see in my next post.

hjs

Guest hjsdds

Larry and Kathy, what the posters here are trying to tell you is to avoid the "process" or at least shorten it. Our process of "moving up" started in 1972 2806526220096176628TuELIw_th.jpg it was actually a good start based on our "economic" capabilities at the time of raising a young family. It's the subsequent several stages

2171450190096176628SBsmBP_th.jpg 2006138260096176628pkbOuP_th.jpg 2690381040096176628aeLuSQ_th.jpg 2381979990096176628zYYQnY_th.jpg

I wish we "skipped" before we got to our "ultimate" choice 2718086140096176628maYiSG_th.jpg

The first fifth wheel we bought, the Kropf, was a very nice unit and we actually took out loan to get it. 120 payments later (principal + interest) that $22,000 Kropf actually turned into a $45,000 "investment". If I added the "dough" we spent on the Kropf, the Corsica, the pickups and the MDT's we could have had the Royals and the HDT and a piece of inheritance for our kids that they actually might might be impressed with. So start small to see if you like it, but then "skip the stages".

hjs

I am a drag racer that has been lurking for about a year. I have PM several regualars and they were most helpful. My current rig is a F-350 dually with a 30' tri-axle about 10K gross. I am thinking about getting something larger either a 40' GN or maybe a 30' Stacker. Unfortnately I just built a new garage for truck and trailer storage 18 Months ago and it lacks height for stuff of my dreams. Doors are only 10' high.

I call the builder to discuss raising the roof so to speak.

I am pretty much convince that I want some sort of HDT still thinking more than ready to pull the trigger.

Paul K4JA

3250 GT/BA

Lurker

just signed up on form today find site veryhelpfull did a conversion last yr. 99volvo 425,13speedjust love it. had 350 ford drw crew cab great truck but pulling 39ft mountair just too much.Igot lucky in my purchase one owner who just happened to be a coustomer,and saw me reading the truck paper.I can highly reccomend maxium trucks in winnipeg manitoba. bryan

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My name is Todd Evans and I am a new Lurker. I have been recently informed of this site from several other forums. I am taking in all of the information that is out there first. I have just started to look at the possibility of buying a HDT. I will start to post questions once I have found that they haven't already been asked and answered. Or at least when I fill I have enough info to reply to a post.

Tod

Hi, I just found this site have lurked for a few days. We don't have a HDT but do have a 5th wheel and just purchased a 2008 F250 P/S, S/D, SWB, Ford P/U. Don't have any questions yet but I will, just give some more time. Thanks to all who make these forums a pleasure to explore and learn.

Joe Crane

New lurker. I drove 18 wheelers for a living for a short time. I currently have a 5th that I pull with an F350 diesel dually. I've told the DW that when it comes time to replace the TV I'll be looking at converting a used class 8. It'd be cheaper than buying a new F350 or the like.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, my name is Dave and I have been lurking for about 2 months now. I currently have a '92 Avion 5er (32' & heavy) that I am towing with a '96 Dodge 2500. Have come to the conclusion that SAFETY is more important after reading all the great threads in the HDV section. Am now trying to figure out how/when to make the move and go to an HDV. Would like to talk to PSD-Tweaker in Canada when I get really serious.

Thanks for all the great info.

Coach D

That would be a wise discision !!!!JMHO >>>Jim

Jim&Hazel,03 Volvo 610,425hp,10sp Autoshift,Eaton 3:90 rear,24.5Alum,184"wb,ET jr/air hitch,SafVis Cams4,XM,Press/Pro,Garmin2720,CB,Rally Sport/TS,Bigfoot Levelers,03Roadking,02Dyna Lowrider,Golden Ret in spirit,Choc Lab(Trash)..Herrin Hauler Bed..Toyota FJ ...SKP# 95463 http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2901871210078354682lLxYIz .Laissez les Bon Temps Roulez ....

• 1 month later...

Not on topic but RE: original poster of thread...

Has any one heard from Diesel Dan?? Last I recall he was trying to tie up loose ends in Alaska and spend this Summer in FL.

Charlie

Charlie & Amber

SKP # 91015

"Freedom" - 2001 Volvo 770, 475HP, 3.73, 10 Speed ASII

"Freedom II" - 2003 Travel Supreme 40' RLQSO

http://community.webshots.com/user/2BTRVLN

I've been here about a year. I've injoied reading everything that has been posted. I have a 1998 Freight-shaker (that used to belong O/D freightline),and pull a 38' landmark. After I retired from the Army I drove OTR for about 8 years. When I had my 27RL Dutchman my one ton Dodge worked great, and got 11.3 MPG. After getting the Landmark the ole Dodge would pull it but had to work twice as hard and didn't really want to stop it. I hope to see you-all someday. Wife are going to Maine for a bit, and down to Key West for the winter. We'll be in Savannah for St Pactric's Day in March, after that your guess is as good as mine. Take Care All. Drive safely.

1998 FLD 120, 370 HP, N14,

10 Speed, 2.97 differential.

2006 Landmark, "Grand-Canyon."

2006 Smart 450, Pulse ,,,

U.S. Army, SFC, Retired

KE5DXI

http://community.webshots.com/user/oleHippie101