Mail- How long does it take to-

51 minutes ago, SWharton said:

If you are time critical I would hesitate to use USPS regular mail. Fedex or UPS would be better.

Wasn't my choice.... believe me... That's why I'm trying to figure out how long it will take.  

Blue Sky and their underwriter do NOT have a wire transfer service either......

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Jim, depends on whether they used the express or regular mail service. Regular mail by oxen cart starts out once a week while the express service uses mule teams and runs twice a week.

Times will vary depending on how often they need to stop and take on water and food. Rest stops for the long uphill grades will increase times as well.

Hopefully, it will arrive in the next few days.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

The USPS claims 1-3 days for first class mail, and they do seem to meet that goal most of the time. If you need a more reliable delivery date, and  Blue Sky has ruled out FEDEX and UPS, then I'd suggest using one of the USPS premium trackable services.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I was informed of the delivery method by e-mail.....

"By the way, your check was mailed this morning".......

No option was given....  

Next line was- Please send the address of your current RV so we can schedule a towing service to retrieve it"

My reply given was, As soon as I have our money, I'll decide when you can pick up the RV.  

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

22 minutes ago, SWharton said:

The insurance company sent a check??? No electronic transfer??? Very surprising..............and the insurance company doesn't know the address? How could they declare it totaled? Don't think we know the entire story.

Deleted

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Yes I understand full timing that is why electronic transfer is so much better.............With electronic transfer just goes to your account and is available. No waiting for checks to clear or however they handle checks now. All you do when you get a check is need to deposit it and then wait again. Then if the check is too large, you can't use the phone app to deposit it and need to mail it to your bank. Give me electronic transfer any day.....................

swharton, I don't think you know enough of the backstory here. While you may be correct that one way is better than another sometimes circumstance dictates how things happen. At this point they need to deal with circumstances as they are.

alie&jim I hope you get it quickly in the mail but be prepared because in my experience sometimes mail can take longer than normal times and at other times I have recieved it a quickly as overnight.  I even had a major issue once on my tag and title work at Livingston cause by FEDEX.

4 hours ago, SWharton said:

Hope you have a tracking number. Sounds like you sold an RV, make sure the check is good before you give them the info for pick up. Even Cashiers checks are not necessarily good. You sure this isn't a scam...............

SW, As other mentioned above, the insurance company totaled our RV/home.  I would have thought that in today's electronic era, electronic fund transfers would be the norm and a paper check the "Old" way.  According to the insurance rep, they mailed the checks regular first class mail.  Someone else said, that every day that the ins company can hang onto their cash is XXX more interest they make.... I understand that I'm the same way.... 

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

About the delay in receiving the check.  I know from experience, that with paper documents, not just checks, that the time between the person at the company telling the computer system to send the check or documentation, and the scheduling of the actual printing of the document can be a day or more later.  Now the person or computer program  looking to see if you have received or deposited the check, will usually just assume that the day they told the computer to print the check was the actual time the check was printed. 

Since mail can be lost or destroyed in route, Blue Sky should have some procedure to cancel the original check and issue another check.  Of course they may want to wait a week or two to be sure the mail wasn't just delayed.  Either way it is not your fault you haven't received the check.  

Just tell Blue Sky you have not received the check and for them to start whatever process they have to trace or cancel the check.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Archived