Dejae

I saw that Escapees has a weighing station in Livingston TX and in Congress AZ.

Other than it saying I should call and make an appt and pricing, is there anything else I need or need to know to get weighed?

Thanks all

Blessed Travels,
Judi, John, Peanut and DeJae' (Our baby girl DeJae passed 7/21/2019)

Not only do they take care of everything, they also check the height of your RV and they explain everything when finished and give you a detailed report. In addition to those two locations, the Smart Weigh team attends every Escapade and some other rallies. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I didn't think it was quite that easy....

Be sure to contact the location you are going to and ask what forms they need to have filled out.  It's not a 2 minute process.  There are lots of questions concerning your tires and more.  They do have videos and FAQ on their web pages, but do that before you get there and things will go much more smoothly.   If you know the answer to every conceivable  question about your RV, then you are good to go...I didn't and found the process rather nerve wracking.

And it's not a weigh and go - they spend time going over everything.  Knowing what I know now, I would not try to weigh the morning I was leaving.  Much easier to stay an extra night and not be rushed.

I think it's a great deal as long as you have all the information already in hand.

I was at North Ranch, Congress, AZ

5 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

Not only do they take care of everything, they also check the height of your RV and they explain everything when finished and give you a detailed report. In addition to those two locations, the Smart Weigh team attends every Escapade and some other rallies. 

Kirk would love to go to an Escapade or rally. The problem we have is, we have 2 senior dogs and we moved them from large property and free reign with doggie door to a motorhome. They are ok with being in the motorhome WITH US as they are content to be anywhere WITH US. But DH is outside working on something and I go to take the garbage out and they are left inside...they go off the wall. If I put them outside, they get upset if one of us is not right near them or in close sight.

Vet says it is probably caused by 2 things, never having the same familiar scenery and two, their age (10 and 11). Along with the type of dog they are...Bichons.

Bichons are very clingy dogs, they can get separation anxiety easily, don't handle environment changes easily and being senior doesn't help. So there are LOTS of things we can't do.

Everywhere we want to explore or see, we call first to see if they are pet friendly.

Someone should start a category here. I know there is one about traveling with dogs but there should be one where people have gone that are pet friendly for those that have pets and would love the information, like me!

Blessed Travels,

2 hours ago, Dejae said:

Someone should start a category here. I know there is one about traveling with dogs but there should be one where people have gone that are pet friendly for those that have pets and would love the information, like me!

In the meantime, WheelingIt.us posts reviews of places they have visited and they ALWAYS include pet information. They include campgrounds and nearby amenities such as breweries, tourist sites, etc.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Thanks Linda,

There are a few people that actually blog about pet friendly places, some are much older but they are reference.

I just hate having 20 million bookmarks on the computer. Lord knows I have so many now I can't find what I want when I want it. lol

Blessed Travels,

20 hours ago, dirtyboots said:

Be sure to contact the location you are going to and ask what forms they need to have filled out. 

Yes, there are forms to fill out. 

When we had our rig weighed at the SKP park in Congress, we called the guy to make an appointment and he stopped by to give us the forms.  It asks for things like GVWR, GCWR, tire sizes and ratings, etc.  Some of the questions will be specific to motorhomes, others for fifth wheels and travel trailers.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

6 hours ago, LindaH said:

When we had our rig weighed at the SKP park in Congress, we called the guy to make an appointment and he stopped by to give us the forms.

The best bet is to go to SmartWeigh downloads and download all of the forms and information that you will need as well as tire safety information, which is free. That way you can not only fill in the paperwork at your leisure, but you can also be much better informed when you arrive. 

Thanks Kirk, I so appreciate it.

We won't be going through there till probably late October. We might do the one in Livingston if our route plan stays on course. Then we would be there around middle of September

Blessed Travels,

Kirk there are no forms on that website. The download for either Livingston or Congress just tells you to fill out the form but there is none that I can find

Blessed Travels,

4 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

The best bet is to go to SmartWeigh downloads and download all of the forms and information that you will need as well as tire safety information, which is free. That way you can not only fill in the paperwork at your leisure, but you can also be much better informed when you arrive. 

This is all that it tells you but gives no forms

Complete your “RV Weight Information Sheet”
(please fill out two copies)
Your personal information
Your vehicle information, obtained from vehicle, manuals, and data
plates
Your tire information, obtained from the sidewall of the tire
As
sure that your RV is in the correct configuration for weighing!
Normal passenger load
Normal load of personal property (stuff)
Full fresh water
Full fuel and propane
No gray or black water
Towed vehicle in place
If your RV is a travel trailer or 5
th
wheel,
please bring the tow vehicle to the scale first without the trailer
attached, but with normal passenger and
equipment load, so we can record its unloaded weights. Then, hitch up
the trailer and return to the scale to complete the weighing process. If you are arriving from outside the area the
morning of your weighing appointment, you may alternately bring the to
w vehicle, with trailer attached, directly
to the scale. After the initial weighing, we will direct you to a site where you may unhitch and temporarily park
your trailer or 5
th
wheel to allow us to weigh the tow vehicle by itself
to complete the weighing p
rocess.
Motorhomes towing vehicles 4
-
down
may weigh with the tow car attached or separate
, as vehicles on towbars
do not affect the motorhome's weight distribution (Towbars have essentially zero tongue weight).
Motorhomes
towing trailers must arrive at
the scale with the trailer attached and loaded
to ensure accurate weight analysi

Blessed Travels,

13 hours ago, Dejae said:

This is all that it tells you but gives no forms

It may be that you must be a member of Escapees and signed in as I am and the link gets a choice of videos on the process when I use it. If you are not a member of Escapees RV Cub, use this link to contact them for advance information. In the mean time, I'll see if I can find out something about that lack of the forms. I am quite sure that the forms were there at one time. 

21 minutes ago, Kirk Wood said:

It may be that you must be a member of Escapees and signed in as I am and the link gets a choice of videos on the process when I use it. If you are not a member of Escapees RV Cub, use this link to contact them for advance information. In the mean time, I'll see if I can find out something about that lack of the forms. I am quite sure that the forms were there at one time. 

I am able to see, and download, the forms without being signed in to the main Escapees website.  There are 4 downloads available:

"Before You Arrive to Weigh" Tip Sheet for Rainbow's End (Livingston, TX), North Ranch (Congress, AZ), Sumter Oaks (Bushnell, FL) and the SmartWeigh "Now That You Have Been Weighed" Brochure.  That's in addition to the videos that are available.

I have no idea why other people are not able to see the downloads available...the Escapees website has no idea whether or not I'm a member unless I sign in, so it appears that the downloads are available to everyone, whether or not they belong to the Escapees RV Club.

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

6 minutes ago, LindaH said:

I am able to see, and download, the forms without being signed in to the main Escapees website.

I believe that what they are looking for is the “RV Weight Information Sheet.”

2 minutes ago, Kirk Wood said:

I believe that what they are looking for is the “RV Weight Information Sheet.”

Ahhh...my bad.  People were saying they weren't seeing any forms, so I though that meant they couldn't see the downloads.

Doesn't really make any difference if the form is on the website or not.  When we had our rig weighed in Congress, the guy stopped by our site to give us the form and, since our appointment wasn't until the next day, we had plenty of time to fill it out.

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

On July 23, 2017 at 11:56 AM, Dejae said:

Kirk would love to go to an Escapade or rally. The problem we have is, we have 2 senior dogs and we moved them from large property and free reign with doggie door to a motorhome. They are ok with being in the motorhome WITH US as they are content to be anywhere WITH US. But DH is outside working on something and I go to take the garbage out and they are left inside...they go off the wall. If I put them outside, they get upset if one of us is not right near them or in close sight.

Vet says it is probably caused by 2 things, never having the same familiar scenery and two, their age (10 and 11). Along with the type of dog they are...Bichons.

Bichons are very clingy dogs, they can get separation anxiety easily, don't handle environment changes easily and being senior doesn't help. So there are LOTS of things we can't do.

Everywhere we want to explore or see, we call first to see if they are pet friendly.

Just spent a month on the Oregon coast...most KOA's are not only dog friendly but have great fenced dog runs that are well maintained....California KOA's are similar.

We didn't need  KOA's in California or Oregon to have that. We were in CA 3 weeks and 6 weeks in Oregon. We took the dogs everywhere in Oregon, even restaurants. So far Oregon, Washington, Wyoming, Montana and South Dakota. They have been allowed in all stores including super walmarts as long as they are in baskets cause they are small.

It is the sightseeing that they are limited to. And they don't work well at Rallies and that sort of gathering as I have one that fears dogs bigger than her (and she is pretty small) and fears strangers. She doesn't bit or growl or snap, she just barks and barks unless I continually hold her or the stranger goes away. They are the type of bread that suffers alot of separation anxiety. They have never been alone even when we were in sticks and bricks because I had/have a home based business and DH has been retired all their lives. Son lived at home so it always wound up that no matter who went out, there was someone home. Now they are in a different and strange home for the last 10 months and they don't even like me going out to help DH hook up the towed, but I do. They just continually bark and bounce all over the place. They have no idea if we are still near the coach or have left. So we don't ever leave them as it would be unfair to senior dogs of 10 and 11 years old and OUR NEIGHBORS.

Blessed Travels,

Archived