American Legion Going Broke?

Biker56

On 9/27/2017 at 10:09 AM, Pieere said:

I have been a member of The AL in TN. for the past 5 yrs. since i moved here! I am not that active as I have not drank alcohol since Aug. of 1988, I quit smoking after four unsuccessful attempts. March of 2012 due to a severe heart attack I finally kicked it in the bud! I have been only twice in those years, once for a fish fry and once to a dinner. I do not need to be around either of MY OLD HABITS! 

Not here to provoke any controversy, but it would be nice if Legion halls had seperate areas for nonsmokers and drinkers!

Have you considered becoming active in your post? Attend monthly meetings and voice your concerns, then if you gain support. help to draft reasonable solutions for all sides of the issues.

Hang in there, rough spots are best taken day by day. It was 1968 when an Army Dr. told me I had a choice; smoking or throat cancer. I love a good cigar, and gave away my all my pipes, but haven't had either one since that day I went on sick-call. I'm still not smoking, but now have COPD, chronic bronchitis, and asthma. 

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived