Energy vs Results

cadonnelly

I can spend more damn time and energy trying to do "stuff" on my HDT than most people in the free world!  To say I am inept is giving that word a bad reputation. My latest was installing a jackalope, doesn't work yet, but it took me forever to get to the point where it doesn't work.  Oh well when I get through the trouble shooting phase, hopefully I will have success or bring it to someone with the right skill set.

However, it does keep me out of the bars during the daytime.

chuckd stillwater mn

If you keep having issues, my son who helped us build up our HDT is just North of you In St Croix Falls. Drop me a message if you want his contact info.

Also, I will be in town, flying into Minneapolis on Saturday the 29th through the next Saturday August 5th, if you need any help, (not saying I will be able to solve the issue but I enjoy watching others struggle!)

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

I work on electronics & wiring as part of my living.  Hopefully you have some good tools to troubleshoot with.  If you don't, get the tools.  Having the right tools for the job can bring a project from a standstill to a 'hey this project wasn't so bad' ending.

Good multimeter, tone tester (used for phone lines, but works great on anything as long as you have the battery disconnected, to make sure you have the right lines, AND that you don't have a break somewhere along the way.

I am sure others have other suggested tools as well, but I don't work on anything without these tools.

On 7/22/2017 at 4:39 AM, cadonnelly said:

Thanks guys, I do have some tools etc and J-T starting over is something I try to practice,it can be a good thing. 

Did it today.......cut things apart 3 times to get the wring to the point that I was happy with. Lucky l've learned from past mistakes that it is easier to hide too much wire than make the wire longer.

2011 Cameo 34SB3

5 hours ago, J-T said:

Did it today.......cut things apart 3 times to get the wring to the point that I was happy with. Lucky l've learned from past mistakes that it is easier to hide too much wire than make the wire longer.

yep, wire stretchers just don't work very well at all. Sounds like you made some good progress though.

Archived