Last day for Mobley and Car Connect $20 plan

When I activated our Mobley, AT&T added it to our existing account that has our 250GB Homebase plan on it, but the Mobley is listed as "Unlimited" with its own usage shown. It appears to be just a combined billing setup.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Yarome said:

I have not. I'm curious though... when you set up your mobley did you call through AT&T's main customer service line, established it online, have it setup in-store or go through the car connect department directly from a stand-alone device?

I called the number that someone here posted for car connect.  When I talked to them to set it up, it sounded like they know about the plan. The first call they told me they would have to send me a SIM card.  I waited and it didn't show up so I called back and the person I talked to this time said they could set up the Mobley with the SIM card that came with it and they did.  I know I talked to the first person about the $20 standalone plan, but I cant remember if I discussed the plan the second time I called.  Thinking now that may have been the problem.

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

I was just reviewing my AT&T billing, and I noticed that my Mobley Unlimited Plan has gone DOWN! Yup! A whopping $0.25 since the last bill. Now I'll have to figure how to spend this unexpected wealth! :D

Capture.JPG

Dutch

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, jerryneal said:

I saw them this morning on the Best Buy website. 

From Best Buy’s website “This item is no longer available.”

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/at-t-zte-mobley-4g-lte-wi-fi-hotspot-black/4472200.p?skuId=4472200

but it does not matter anyways as ATT has discontinued the $20 Connected Car plan a couple months of days ago.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

The Mobley is available again on AT&T'signal website.  But don't get your hopes up ... the  $20 per month or even $40 per month Unlimited plan is nowhere to be found.

All AT&T is offering are the same plans they have for other mobile hotspots, at considerably more cost.

In other words, the incentive for getting a Mobley instead of another mobile hotspot is gone.

I purchased my Mobley on a two year contract, I assume AT&T will honor the $20 per month price for at least that long

16 minutes ago, Lou Schneider said:

The Mobley is available again on AT&T'signal website.  But don't get your hopes up ... the  $20 per month or even $40 per month Unlimited plan is nowhere to be found.

All AT&T is offering are the same plans they have for other mobile hotspots, at considerably more cost.

In other words, the incentive for getting a Mobley instead of another mobile hotspot is gone.

I purchased my Mobley on a two year contract, I assume AT&T will honor the $20 per month price for at least that long

See: https://www.att.com/devices/zte/mobley.html#sku=sku7700323   Note 2 is still there:

2AT&T Connected Car Unlimited Plan: U.S. only. Consumer and Individual Responsibility Users only. Eligibility: Requires eligible vehicle, eligible aftermarket device and new or existing AT&T wireless account. Data Restrictions: After 22GB of data usage on vehicle Wi-Fi hotspot in a bill cycle, for the rest of the cycle AT&T may slow data speeds on vehicle Wi-Fi hotspot during periods of network congestion. Pricing: $20 per aftermarket device monthly plan charge (3 aftermarket devices on plan results in $60 monthly plan charge)

11 hours ago, Lou Schneider said:

True, but if you actually try to order a Mobley, the Connected Car Unlimited plan is nowhere to be found.   All they offer are the regular plans, the same as any other wireless device.

Back when I ordered my Mobley, the $20 Connected Car plan was not listed online either. I had to call in and have a Connected Car rep change it over from the 2GB plan I selected when ordering. I don't know if that works now or not. Later on, the unlimited plan was listed as a choice online though.

Dutch

I just called car connect and they said I could order the mobley, but the $20 standalone unlimited plan is no longer available.  They said I would have to change to the unlimited plus account and I would lose the standalone and could never get it back.  I told them no thanks I will stick with what I have.  She said that was a good idea.

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

10 hours ago, chuckbear said:

This is an excellent example of abuse causing the loss of a good thing. It happens all to often. Chuck

I don't know that it applies at all, Chuck. Right from the get go AT&T listed an expiration date for the $20 offer, and then went well beyond it before shutting it down.

Dutch

14 hours ago, oldbutspry said:

Hmm.  We have our phone service through Cricket.  Cricket is owned by AT&T but I'm guessing having Cricket service would not qualify as the first two devices and then get the Mobley?

I am sure Cricket service would not qualify. There are also much better devices than the Mobley that I would add to an AT&T plan with two or more phones, ones that have better radios, internal batteries, etc.  The Mobley was a good deal with the $20 standalone plan., not a good deal as a mobile hotspot on a shared plan.  

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

Archived