Last day for Mobley and Car Connect $20 plan

ATT has them back in stock, and the software will still let you order the ZTE-Mobley with eh $20 Car Connect Plan. (Or at least, if did 3 hours ago when I ordered a second Mobley.)

Still one of the better deals available, if ATT will support you where you travel.

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ordered a second one the other day.  I did it mainly as a back up to my primary one.  I also recently got a text from ATT notifying me I was getting close to my 20 gig unlimited limit and once I passed that point I would be subject to de-prioritization (not throttling).  I figure with a second Mobley waiting in back up, I can swap over to it if need be to avoid the de-prioritization if it becomes an issue.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

6 hours ago, Smitty77_7 said:

ATT has them back in stock, and the software will still let you order the ZTE-Mobley with eh $20 Car Connect Plan. (Or at least, if did 3 hours ago when I ordered a second Mobley.)

Still one of the better deals available, if ATT will support you where you travel.

Smitty

Where did you see or find out that this was the last day?  Many people at car connect told me that it was not a promotional rate at that an end was not coming soon. That was 2 months ago.  

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

6 hours ago, rynosback said:

Where did you see or find out that this was the last day?  Many people at car connect told me that it was not a promotional rate at that an end was not coming soon. That was 2 months ago.  

2 months is a lifetime for some folks . ;)

Goes around , comes around .

17 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

I ordered a second one the other day.  I did it mainly as a back up to my primary one.  I also recently got a text from ATT notifying me I was getting close to my 20 gig unlimited limit and once I passed that point I would be subject to de-prioritization (not throttling).  I figure with a second Mobley waiting in back up, I can swap over to it if need be to avoid the de-prioritization if it becomes an issue.

I bought two Mobleys as a back up.  So if they change to be programmed to a specific vin or they just stop making them.

4 hours ago, Pat & Pete said:

2 months is a lifetime for some folks . ;)

Very true, but sometimes you call and they do not even know the plan exists.  I guess it is all about who you speak to.

Yep. When going to check my Order Status, I went thru the process again to see if it was still offered. Saw that it was, about 9:30AM Mountain Time. 

Many sources back when Mobley hit the latest and greatest ATT Data Parade - had 7/17 noted as the end of this promotion. (Howard's Forum, IRV2, RVMOBILEINTERNET, etc.). So I got my "7/17" last date off of the Internet - and it is never wrong...:)! 

(My 2nd order still reflects In Proress...).

Best,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

10 hours ago, rynosback said:

I bought two Mobleys as a back up.  So if they change to be programmed to a specific vin or they just stop making them.

The Mobley only uses the 12-volt and ground pins from the OBD2 port. The CAN and ISO bus pins are not connected, so it's not capable of reading the VIN.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Ordered one today 7/19 at ATT store with the $20 unlimited stand alone plan (no ATT plan previously required).

Maybe I just squeaked in under the wire but there was no mention of a final day.

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Could somebody tell me the range of the Mobley and is it antenna capable for better signal ? ...under the dash doesnt sound like the greatest spot to recieve a signal.

Jim Spence

2000 Dodge 3500 1 ton QC 4x4 dually 5.9 diesel LB

BD exhaust brake, 6 spd manual trans

34CKTS Cedar Creek 5er, Trail-Air hitch

8 minutes ago, Devilishjim said:

Could somebody tell me the range of the Mobley and is it antenna capable for better signal ? ...under the dash doesnt sound like the greatest spot to recieve a signal.

It doesn't need to be under the dash. Simply power it from a 12v source and place it at a better location. It doesn't have an antenna port without opening the car and creating your own attachment.

3 minutes ago, Jaydrvr said:

It doesn't need to be under the dash. Simply power it from a 12v source and place it at a better location. It doesn't have an antenna port without opening the car and creating your own attachment.

Whats needed to adapt it. My rv has lots of 12V in it cig lighter lights.. cig lighter would be great if it would work

Jim Spence

9 minutes ago, Devilishjim said:

Whats needed to adapt it. My rv has lots of 12V in it cig lighter lights.. cig lighter would be great if it would work

Check your fuses! Then see if the wire is connected!

:) Living Life One Day At A Time!

Search Amazon or ebay for mobley adapter. There are adapters that plug into AC/USB/Cigarette lighter.

The Mobley Device is basically is a small cellular router (think mifi/hotspot) with an OBDII connection for power. The above adapters provide the needed power to the Mobley device so that it does not have to be used in a car/vehicle.

Correction: (WRONG - No Antenna port) Apparently there is/are MS156 antenna port(s) to connect an external antenna) one possible adapter

You could use a cell booster ($$-$$$$).

It does broadcast wifi so can be found by a wifi router with wifi capture (e.g. WifiRanger/PepwaveSOHO/Cradlepoint/etc) and then broadcast the signal to local network.

I did have to go into an ATT store and kindly and persistently convince the store representative (As many others have had to do) that they indeed do have this device/account. He finally relented from his position and made the attempt and learned that they did have the (apparently hidden/unknown) service (His position was that this could only be an add-on service to an existing ATT account - of course, most of y'all not that position is incorrect). Online ordering did not work for me. Probably because I made a mistake with the initial attempt and put it a different shipping address. Any online attempt after that resulted in "not being able to verify my identity".

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

9 hours ago, TreyandSusan said:

Search Amazon or ebay for mobley adapter. There are adapters that plug into AC/USB/Cigarette lighter.

The Mobley Device is basically is a small cellular router (think mifi/hotspot) with an OBDII connection for power. The above adapters provide the needed power to the Mobley device so that it does not have to be used in a car/vehicle.

Correction: (WRONG - No Antenna port) Apparently there is/are MS156 antenna port(s) to connect an external antenna) one possible adapter

You could use a cell booster ($$-$$$$).

It does broadcast wifi so can be found by a wifi router with wifi capture (e.g. WifiRanger/PepwaveSOHO/Cradlepoint/etc) and then broadcast the signal to local network.

I did have to go into an ATT store and kindly and persistently convince the store representative (As many others have had to do) that they indeed do have this device/account. He finally relented from his position and made the attempt and learned that they did have the (apparently hidden/unknown) service (His position was that this could only be an add-on service to an existing ATT account - of course, most of y'all not that position is incorrect). Online ordering did not work for me. Probably because I made a mistake with the initial attempt and put it a different shipping address. Any online attempt after that resulted in "not being able to verify my identity".

Hmm I think I have the adaptor I need that I used on my trucker antenna for a verizon Jetpack...My Mobley is supposed to arrive tomorrow. :)

Jim Spence

3 hours ago, rynosback said:

I think the plan is based for the Mobley only.  As you call "Connected Car" to get the $20 plan.  It is the only one that I know of that connects to a vehicles OBD2 port.

But how much does comparable mifi service cost?  I've never used either so my lack of experience makes it difficult to compare.

AT&T has a prepaid mifi/hotspot plan with 8GB of data for $75/month, and their contract "Unlimited Mobile Essentials" 3G speeds limited plan starts at $70/month, and starts at $100/month for their "Premium Unlimited" 4G/LTE plan.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

5 hours ago, oldbutspry said:

But how much does comparable mifi service cost?  I've never used either so my lack of experience makes it difficult to compare.

My Jetpack that I had with Verizon was $50 plus

Jim Spence

13 minutes ago, Devilishjim said:

My Jetpack that I had with Verizon was $50 plus

Ours , too . BUT , it cost us $90 a month for 12 gigs . 

It doesn't take to long to see which is the better deal : a $100 device and $20 / month for unlimited data or $50 device and $90 / month for 12 gigs of data . 

Of course , anyone should always compare coverage . Will any or no device service you where you will be wanting to use it .

Goes around , comes around .

13 minutes ago, Pat & Pete said:

Ours , too . BUT , it cost us $90 a month for 12 gigs . 

It doesn't take to long to see which is the better deal : a $100 device and $20 / month for unlimited data or $50 device and $90 / month for 12 gigs of data . 

Of course , anyone should always compare coverage . Will any or no device service you where you will be wanting to use it .

I was trying to forget about cost of Gig BUT in my situation I can if needed use the hotspot on my verizon ph if Mobley cant work

Jim Spence

Archived