Clutch Brake Replaced

LostSoul

Yesterday I finally got tired of grinding gears at a stop sign so I tackled my clutch brake. Why didn't I do this six months ago? Took all of two hours and three of those were because I had never done it before! Easy peasy!

Mark & Jackie

Visalia, CA

USAF Ret

2011 Smart convertible

2014 Trilogy 3650 RE

2004 Volvo VNL780

Cummins ISX 530

13 speed

Sole.......shucks you think your lazy.....I put off adjusting the clutch free play for a year or so and it only takes a 7/16 and a 5/8 wrench and 12 minutes.....top that being lazy......

Next time get a auto-$hift.....they fix themselves......

Drive on......(how lazy can today be....?)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Just curious, did you grind everytime you tried to put it in gear at a stop? if the clutch brake wasn't stopping the transaxle, how did you get in gear, just lots of grinding and it would finally go in? If I give mine a second or two at a stop to allow the transaxle to stop, I don't grind, but if I rush it then it grinds as my guess is it's still spinning. 

Glad to hear it wasn't too bad to replace.  

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

It was difficult to get it in gear. It would grind but eventually slow down enough to get it in. It was only bad from a dead stop. Once on the road you could get to your gear of choice as you came to a stop without grinding. When I started it, after replacing the brake, and I stepped on the clutch and it slipped into gear I got this big ole smile on my face. Just as big as the one I had after I replaced the headlights!

Mark & Jackie

Visalia, CA

USAF Ret

2011 Smart convertible

2014 Trilogy 3650 RE

2004 Volvo VNL780

Cummins ISX 530

13 speed

Archived