Box Truck insurance

Lyn Williams

Hi all,

I have just converted a Isuzu Box Truck into an RV / Motorhome , but am having lots of trouble finding a company that wants to insure it
Should I say to the companies its an RV or a box truck for personal use?
It is registered now as a motorhome 

I live in Arizona ?

Any thoughts would be great appreciated

Lyn

DSC_3568.jpg

13 hours ago, Timon said:

If it's registered as a motorhomes you insure it as a motorhome. Simple!

Unfortunately the box truck in the eyes of the insurance company will always be a commercial truck, have tried 10's of insurance companies, but thanks for the reply

21 minutes ago, Lyn Williams said:

Unfortunately the box truck in the eyes of the insurance company will always be a commercial truck, have tried 10's of insurance companies, but thanks for the reply

3 hours ago, Shawn Patterson said:

Have you tried the folks over at Miller Insurance yet?  http://www.millerrvinsurance.com

Yes have been knock back there also :(

If you can get them to at least talk with you, you may have to show pictures that it is converted and a way to put a value on it. We had to do a of explaining with our State Farm agent who we had had for years before buying the HDT. We made sure it would be covered as a motor home before we bought it.

Most likely you will be stuck with it being commercial and not having any of the conversion items covered unless they will allow a dollar amount for customization.

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Archived