at&t mobley

update on the mobley order mine on tue arrived today on wed unboxed it took it out to my car and had internet in less then 2 min strong signal in the car .  to my phone and connected and went into the house about 40 away had 3 bars sometime 2 but still the internet was fast , very pleased so far

now I need to figure how to connect to a router 

1 hour ago, acampingwewillgo said:

...what's the consensus on month to month opposed to the two year contract?  

Personally, I prefer the month to month and ability to cancel at any time. $0 activation and the cost of the mobley. The 2 year contract has a $45 activation fee and a $150 (-$5 per month) early cancellation fee. Your break even point, compared to an out and out purchase, would be about month 19. If you keep their service for the full 2 years then you're $55 ahead of the game.

Just to be aware. ATT does a hard credit inquiry for EITHER the month-to-month or 2-year contract.

3 hours ago, bradc344 said:

update on the mobley order mine on tue arrived today on wed unboxed it took it out to my car and had internet in less then 2 min strong signal in the car .  to my phone and connected and went into the house about 40 away had 3 bars sometime 2 but still the internet was fast , very pleased so far

now I need to figure how to connect to a router 

It took me a bit, but I finally got mine working with my Asus RT-N66U router via USB cable. I just wish you could turn off the wifi network on the Mobley itsself. What I ended up doing was disabling the 2.4ghz network on my Router and only activating the 5ghz network. That way I didn't have two different 2.4ghz networks. 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

22 minutes ago, bradc344 said:

thanks how do you connect the mobley and turn off the 2,4ghz on the router thanks 

That all depends on your router. I didn't find anyone using my router exactly as most were using the newer AC router, but it was the same brand and type of router so that helped. The first thing is your router needs to support the use of a USB modem. The ASUS line seems to do this, but certainly not the only one. For the USB connection, you need to use a "data" cable to connect it to your router. I ended going through several different USB cords until I found one that worked. You also need to set some DNS setttings up on your router. Finally the specifics of turning off a particular network just depends on your router. I think most newer ones can do this. 

Here is the thread that helped me - http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1894920-ZTE-Mobley-USB-Tethering-ASUS-Router-and-probably-others!

Others are using old Linksys routers using DD-WRT on them. 

Archived