at&t mobley

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DuffMan said:

Your device from the Mobley - About 30 ft on a good day! 

No bad days - *except* with poor (or no) access to cell towers.

Should have added to my original post......with the AC adapter, you can easily move the Mobley to a different -closer- location. (No OBDII req'd). Adapter is available as retail item - or DIY..

Even in your vehicle - OBDII access can sometimes be a PITA.  A simple 12V to 110V converter (plug in to cig lighter socket) for about $10. solves that one..

In one of my vehicles, the OBD port is right above the pk brake.  Mobley sticks out far enough, if I'm not careful, I hit it with my foot.  You can add a OBD extension -  or do the above.

f

On 8/8/2017 at 6:51 AM, DuffMan said:

Your device from the Mobley - About 30 ft on a good day! 

Yep and my signal got weaker also but now signal is weak here anyway, with the Mobley in the rv will my wilsonsleek booster help it any or just what exactly do i need to be able to boost my signal all info appreciated from cheap to high priced thats guaranteed to boost/ I am tired of weak signal strength

Jim Spence

2000 Dodge 3500 1 ton QC 4x4 dually 5.9 diesel LB

BD exhaust brake, 6 spd manual trans

34CKTS Cedar Creek 5er, Trail-Air hitch

21 minutes ago, Devilishjim said:

Yep and my signal got weaker also but now signal is weak here anyway, with the Mobley in the rv will my wilsonsleek booster help it any or just what exactly do i need to be able to boost my signal all info appreciated from cheap to high priced thats guaranteed to boost/ I am tired of weak signal strength

The Wilson should help the Mobley. A lot depends on what antenna you are using for the Wilson.
I use this antenna mounted on top of my Batwing.

My cell phone(Sprint) gets a -114dBm outside and a -102dBm inside with the Wilson. 43.92Mbps down 8.43Mbps up
The Mobley has a -77dBm inside.  17.92Mbps down 15.22Mbps up

Both test done within 2 minutes of each just now.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

If your Wilson would boost an ATT phone or MiFi - it will boost the Mobley. If it's the Sleek, put the heat protecting manner of your choice, and lay it in the cradle. If you have a hershey's bar internal antenna, place the Mobley wherever you'd place your other devices. 

And for those wanting to extend the distance of being able to attach devices to your Mobley, look into WiFiRanger GOac, or Pepwave version, or even the Netgear or TP-Link extenders (Just pick one that is MIMO capable for faster throughput, and future proofing.). 

Best of luck to all:)!

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

To Boost Range - I bought a used ATT AirCard 815S (About same size as Verizon MiFi) off Ebay for $87.00.  Just received.

Took Sim Card out of Mobley and inserted in AirCard - Booted & operates flawlessly.

The AirCard has two external Antenna Ports on the bottom (1 to receive from tower & 1 to rebroadcast) to boost range.  It also has a WiFi boost function to turn up the power on the internal WiFi xmtr to boost range.  It also has dual band (2.4GHZ & 5 GHZ).

Quick Speed Test was 10 Mbps  down and 3 Mbps up.  (My other Mobly only got 5 Mbps down and 5 Mbps up at the same time)

I have a $7 external antenna I got off Ebay & will test and see if it helps.(I just have to find it)

1 hour ago, DuffMan said:

To Boost Range - I bought a used ATT AirCard 815S (About same size as Verizon MiFi) off Ebay for $87.00.  Just received.

Took Sim Card out of Mobley and inserted in AirCard - Booted & operates flawlessly.

The AirCard has two external Antenna Ports on the bottom (1 to receive from tower & 1 to rebroadcast) to boost range.  It also has a WiFi boost function to turn up the power on the internal WiFi xmtr to boost range.  It also has dual band (2.4GHZ & 5 GHZ).

Quick Speed Test was 10 Mbps  down and 3 Mbps up.  (My other Mobly only got 5 Mbps down and 5 Mbps up at the same time)

I have a $7 external antenna I got off Ebay & will test and see if it helps.(I just have to find it)

Two antennas can give you better speeds when connected to towers that support MIMO.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Archived