Campground near Annapolis, MD

We are visiting Gettysburg in late August and would like to add Annapolis and Baltimore for a couple days.  Anyone have suggestion for an affordable campground?  We would like FHU but would be happy with electric only, if necessary.  Checked the local Elks but they only have two sites and of course they do not take reservations.  Any help would be appreciated.

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

Affordable and Washington DC do not come in the same paragraph.  We stayed at Cherry Hill because I had some work to do in Annapolis.  We also visited friends in Baltimore.  The other option in the KOA in Millersville.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Amazing what they charge, and people pay it!  Supply and demand, I guess!

Last time we visited DC we stayed in VA and rode the train into town.  Worked very nice!  Unfortunately, it doesn't appear we have that option with Annapolis and Baltimore.

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

I assume you will be visiting someone at the Annapolis military academy, if that is fact, they should be able get you into the military famcamp at Annapolis.

If you are retired military or DOD civilian you make reservations yourself.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

On 7/11/2017 at 6:30 AM, weaverworks said:

Amazing what they charge, and people pay it!  Supply and demand, I guess!

Last time we visited DC we stayed in VA and rode the train into town.  Worked very nice!  Unfortunately, it doesn't appear we have that option with Annapolis and Baltimore.

We're planning a trip to DC with thoughts to take the Metro in for touring. Where did you stay?

Jerry and Joan

2014 Ford F350 with 6.7 turbo, TrailerSaver

2014 40' Heartland Gateway Fifth wheel

iLoveRVlife.com

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jim Corey said:

We stayed at Cherry Hill. Expensive but worth it.  Well run park, easy public transit into DC. Looks pretty close to Annapolis.

I agree as I have also stayed there several times.  But the park is well run and well taken care of.  I think there is a bus from the park that takes you to the Metro.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Archived