Dejae

59 minutes ago, DJW said:

Really Rob

You don't know the date you retired?  Do you know how long you served?  Do you remember the date you enlisted?  I can tell you I served 20 years 6 months and 3 days I retired the 31th of Aug 1993.  Working backwards from 31 Aug 1993 that would tell you that if I served 20 years 6 months and 3 days that I enlisted on the 28th of Feb 1973.  It is really not the hard to figure out.  I already had a MYLOWES card so I just went to the Customer Service Desk and they took the info off my Mil Ret Card and added it to my MYLOWES card and I have been good to go every since.

Dennis

Dennis,

Military service differs from person to person. I didn't enlist - I was a direct commission. There was some time between taking the oath of office, receiving orders, and actually reporting for active duty. 43 years later, I can't tell you those exact dates from memory. I served 27 years total, but was in an active reserve status when my retirement orders were published. It wasn't about years, months and days to me, but rather what I was doing and whether or not it was useful to the corps. I found a scanned copy of my retirement orders and my most recent DD-214 this afternoon - but the date (which was the same on both) would not work with Lowe's verification system. The Lowe's web site says that I can complete the application in person at a store using my ID care. I guess that's what I'll have to do.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

Before this dissolves into something else less pleasing,  please allow me to THANK You ALL for your service, be it enlisted, appointed (Warrant Officers), or commissioned as brothers (or sisters) in arms.   It takes ALL to get the job done.

Now before we start to "rag" on each other for our form of service, let's go get the darned ID cards.......... grin.

Dave Jeffries, MSgt, USAF, Ret.

Dave and Joyce Jeffries

Dodge 2500 and a 34' Copper Canyon 5er

9 minutes ago, SKP100681 said:

Before this dissolves into something else less pleasing,  please allow me to THANK You ALL for your service, be it enlisted, appointed (Warrant Officers), or commissioned as brothers (or sisters) in arms.   It takes ALL to get the job done.

Now before we start to "rag" on each other for our form of service, let's go get the darned ID cards.......... grin.

I wasn't thinking of "dissolving," Dave, but thanks - and thank YOU for your service!

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

34 minutes ago, Second Chance said:

The Lowe's web site says that I can complete the application in person at a store using my ID care. I guess that's what I'll have to do

For some reason, I had to do that also but it only took a few minutes and I took care of it when in the store to shop so no special trip was needed.  

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

57 minutes ago, SKP100681 said:

Enlisted, appointed, or commissioned.  Which of those three was I when I got drafted?  No rag taken.  :)

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

13 minutes ago, chirakawa said:

Enlisted, appointed, or commissioned.  Which of those three was I when I got drafted?  No rag taken.  :)

Enlisted - at least at first (and certainly not voluntarily!).

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

I take what you all are saying seriously but I have to tell you that I find you guys really funny. Rob, please don't dissolve. lol

I am sure at some point I will have to find where on Lowes I need to register for the card for DH. But in the mean time, it has been easy enough. Have never needed a manager and when we redid the floors in our 3000sf S&B we bought all the flooring at once, all Pergo and never needed to even show his card. He said I am a veteran, can I have a discount please and he reached for his wallet. Girl said sure, no need to dig out your card sir. And thanks for your service she said.

AND BTW, thank you all for your service. I value being an American and I value my freedom as an American. And I have my DH and all of you and more to thank for it.

May God Bless the USA!

Blessed Travels,
Judi, John, Peanut and DeJae' (Our baby girl DeJae passed 7/21/2019)

11 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

:D is extra special to help make up for the SD headache!   :D

It does for now, but they are asking us to get it attached to the MyLowes cards and that gives several advantages in that you can simply give your phone number and the discount will apply, with no manager approval no matter how large the purchase, you can get the 10% when ordering from Lowe's online, and with a MyLowes you don't even need a receipt to return something. Just visit Lowe's Military Discount and it will take just a few minutes. The way I see it, this is a pretty simple request from a store that is offering a discount just because we happen to be veterans.....

Hey Kirk,

I think we are finding our way out of the SD mess. It took alot to call every Tom, Dick and Harry in Jersey to get what I needed and I paid to have it sent to me next day. Should depart Jersey Mon or Tues. Now we just have to hope that it makes SD happy because Jersey is saying that the certificate they are sending me is all they are allowed to issue me by law. So we shall see....hopefully real soon.

Blessed Travels,
Judi, John, Peanut and DeJae' (Our baby girl DeJae passed 7/21/2019)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a 25 year retired Navy Chief. lately, my local Lowe's has been reluctant to give me the mill discount. Apparently my retired ID card is not good enough.

Some years back, I worked for Lowe's, about 5 years. I fell victim to the cutbacks, IE, those who made too much money, had been there more than 4 years full time, or refused promotion. I was on the opening crew at my local store, 165 people strong. 5 years later there were only 56 part time, hourly employees, (less than 20 hours per week) and 8 full time  "managers". Salaried, scheduled to work 60 to 70 hours per week. (and, BTW customer service really sucks now)

I never applied for a "my Lowe's" card because of how invasive it was and how interest rates were administered. (the store was want to change the due date on your account and blast the interest rates to 26%) Not to mention stuffing my inbox with junk mail.

Now I'm being told that I must have a "My Lowes " card to get the discount. Register on line and give ALL my service information.

If Corporate Lowe's doesn't want to give a mill discount, that's fine with me. Just say so , openly. I do not want to be a marketing pawn. My local Home depot gives mill discount, no hassle, I live across the road from Lowe's, but now drive 6 miles to shop at Home desperate.

Thanks for you support, Lowe's. Rant over

If it turns $$$$$$$ dollars into smoke and noise, I'm there.

5 hours ago, Dejae said:

Is a My Lowe's a Lowe's credit card or just a member card?

It could be called a member card. It gives you an account that keeps track of your purchases so that if you make a return, no receipt is needed to get a refund. It also enables you to buy online from Lowe's on the web and still get your 10% discount. It does not have a line of credit and isn't a means of payment. There is no credit check or anything required to get one but does verify your service when you add veteran status to the card. Any customer can have one but it doesn't get them any discount if they have not added veteran status to the card. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2017 at 10:50 AM, Retiredin1993 said:

When I signed up for MY Lowes card, I had to take my DD-214 in for them to verify my service dates.  They would not accept my retiree ID card.  No biggie, I took it in and got it done.

That sure sounds like a somewhat clueless store employee. There is no way in heck to get retired card without some military service (thinking medical retirement) and AFAIK it is not possible to have one if not under honorable conditions. All my store did was see my ID card and then just asked me my service dates. 

But then I live in a military town. Heck the DMV even used my Retired ID to verify service so I could get a military service license plate. 

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

I just renewed my drivers license a couple weeks ago in SD, and previously did not have 'Veteran' on my license.  I printed a copy of my DD214 that I had scanned a while back, and brought that in with everything else needed to renew.  No problem, now have Veteran on my license.  I also have, for quite a while now,  the Adobe app on my phone, and keep that same copy of my DD214 on my phone, which I have needed a few times, and that worked each time it was needed.  All this technology is amazing.

Archived