Warm air under kitchen sink

We just bought a new to us 2013 Dutch Star and we have a question for the forum. We have noticed that there is a lot of warm air under the kitchen sink in the cabinet. My first thought was the oasis system but it is located on the opposite side of the coach. We are in South Carolina and have been running the A/C most of the time but when we open the cabinet under the sink we can feel the warm air rushing out.

thanks!

I have no experience with your specific coach, but on our fifth wheel the return air for the furnace flows through openings in the toe space under the kitchen sink cabinet and down into the underbelly of the trailer to the furnace unit. For this reason the cabinet space beneath the sink tends to be closer to the temperature of the trailer underbelly than the inside of the trailer. So warmer in the summer, cooler in the winter. Yours may be set up in a similar manner. 

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

Welcome to the Escapee forums! Great having you join us here and we will do whatever we can to assist you.

28 minutes ago, Nairbsnave said:

We have noticed that there is a lot of warm air under the kitchen sink in the cabinet.

Keep in mind that your air conditioning is closed out of the cabinets so any source of heat will tend to build up when the doors are closed. If the outside air is hot then any place that air can rise into the cabinet would contribute to your problem. I'd first check to make sure that there are not air leaks from the outside. Then check to see what appliances are located such that they could contribute heat. 

Is it getting hot enough to cause concern about the things stored in the cabinet, or is this just a nuisance problem?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

One of our two furnaces is located below the kitchen sink. The sink cabinet got warm enough in cooler weather that while not concerning, it did limit what items we could store in it. To help keep it cooler, I added a vent high on the cabinet wall using a standard floor register as a louvered grill. The mod was basically free in our case, since I had recently replaced a fixed floor register with an adjustable one, and the new vent just repurposed the extra fixed one.

rmvySOGl.jpg

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Thanks all! It may be just outside ambient. The sink is located in a slide and I don't know if that wall is insulated as well as others. It is not hot enough for concern but we do keep our garbage can under there and the added heat could keep us making garbage runs more frequently. I might put a small fan under there for air circulation.

Our water lines enter under the sink through a hole in the heater duct. There or 2 other holes in the heater duct to warm the belly. Warm air rises so the warm air from the belly comes in under the sink. I used pink foam insulation and silver tape to seal the hole. 

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

• 3 years later...
4 hours ago, Vasaelch said:

I have understood the problem. But how had you solved it, at the end?

Nairbsnave last visited the forums in April of 2018 so probably  won't be much help. What sort of problem are you having? 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI