Need Some Help for Next ECR

SuiteSuccess

I'm beginning my planning for next years East Coast Rally and would like some help with finding an item.  As you know the event tent has some center poles that I believe are three or four inch diameter.  I am looking to find two or three hinged pole clamps ( solid metal not hose clamps) with thumb screws closures that would wrap around these poles and close and secure.  I would like to have three or four "o" rings attached to these clamps.  The purpose would be to run all our audio-visual cables  and extension cords through the rings thus suspending them on the ceiling rather than on the floor of the tent.  We used cable ties last year but that was cumbersome and less than satisfactory.  Would like some sourcing help from any of you "riggers".  Before anyone says it, I know a hose clamp could be used but trying to be a little more elegant.?

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

How about the clamps used on the truck exhaust. I looked and with a simple weld you can make a tumb screw with a nut that or the ones used on the sewer hoses, not as strong but easy to use. 

2016 Western Star 5700xe (Pathfinder) DD15 555hp

w/12 speed automatic 3:05 diffs

2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 38RLPK

2 Great Danes

44 minutes ago, Heavymetal said:

How about the clamps used on the truck exhaust. I looked and with a simple weld you can make a tumb screw with a nut that or the ones used on the sewer hoses, not as strong but easy to use. 

Thanks.  Good thought.  It's terrible to see in your mind a picture of what you're wanting but not being able to adequately describe it or a good enough artist to draw it.

Something kind of like this but with more rings.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pole+rigging+clamps&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjIiOXDtenUAhUM3IMKHRU-DTkQ_AUICigC&biw=768&bih=928&dpr=2#imgrc=9zgneCAu2dcouM:

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Pole bracket clamps at gettent.com. You would have to put wing nuts on them but they have them for all different size poles but they are pricey.

If you want I will make some for you just let me know how many loops you want on each and how big the poles are. 

2 Great Danes

Richard,

Thank you so much.  If I don't come up with anything, may take you up on the offer.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

13 minutes ago, Sculptor said:

Not very high tech, but for just big cables these might work. 

https://gearjunkie.com/geartie-twist-ties

ALSO try a search for 3" truss clamps. 

I use those in the RV all the time. They work great for holding the frig doors closed.

2 Great Danes

Some nice color co-ordinated to the decor rope tied to the vertical poles with a timber hitch should work?  Leave a foot or two to secure the cables running past the post...

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Thanks for the ideas.  Had a thought of maybe crafting them from 2" wood.  Could use a 3" hole saw to create the hole then cut into two pieces, round the corners, hinge one side and thumb screw the other.  Line the hole with some thick rubber from conveyor belt to prevent slippage.  Could screw 4 eye bolts in and be set.  Easy on and easy off.  Again truly appreciate the ideas you guys come up with.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Was gonna offer to help, then this business about seeing inside your mind came up...not so sure now.....I know what mine looks like!!!!

There is a gizmo called a spider ring for exactly the job you are describing. I have to go by the area that has a rigging loft later this week, I;ll check & see what they have.

Failing that, there are also 2 bolt friction pipe clamps  that could have just a bit of welding done on them and they would be perfect.

If that helps, shoot me a note.

Paul & Paula

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

1 minute ago, adept99 said:

Was gonna offer to help, then this business about seeing inside your mind came up...not so sure now.....I know what mine looks like!!!!

There is a gizmo called a spider ring for exactly the job you are describing. I have to go by the area that has a rigging loft later this week, I;ll check & see what they have.

Failing that, there are also 2 bolt friction pipe clamps  that could have just a bit of welding done on them and they would be perfect.

If that helps, shoot me a note.

Paul & Paula

Paul,

Been waiting on you and your rigging expertise.  You should have my email and phone.  Shoot me a few pictures.  You know what we dealt with last year.  Just trying to make things cleaner and neater.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

On 7/1/2017 at 7:20 PM, SuiteSuccess said:

I'm beginning my planning for next years East Coast Rally and would like some help with finding an item.  As you know the event tent has some center poles that I believe are three or four inch diameter.  I am looking to find two or three hinged pole clamps ( solid metal not hose clamps) with thumb screws closures that would wrap around these poles and close and secure.  I would like to have three or four "o" rings attached to these clamps.  The purpose would be to run all our audio-visual cables  and extension cords through the rings thus suspending them on the ceiling rather than on the floor of the tent.  We used cable ties last year but that was cumbersome and less than satisfactory.  Would like some sourcing help from any of you "riggers".  Before anyone says it, I know a hose clamp could be used but trying to be a little more elegant.?

How about some of these. Quick Fist

These go on fast and could be rigged to hold wires or cables easy.

Pete

event.png

Thank you to all responders.  Much appreciated.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Carl - I do have the break-out box we talked about completed and tested.  It is a gift to the ECR so it won't impact your budget.  It will need the 50 amp outlet we talked about to plug into.  Hopefully Kim will see that it is installed by next spring.  If not...... well, the break-out box won't do us any good.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

1 hour ago, RandyA said:

Carl - I do have the break-out box we talked about completed and tested.  It is a gift to the ECR so it won't impact your budget.  It will need the 50 amp outlet we talked about to plug into.  Hopefully Kim will see that it is installed by next spring.  If not...... well, the break-out box won't do us any good.

Wow, Randy.  Thank you so much.  I will stay on Kim about the outlet.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Archived