Double Din install

cadonnelly

I want to put in a Pioneer AppRadio a double din running off of apps, seems cool to me.  Now the install instructions are straight forward except!!: It wants a signal for when the emergency brake is actuated, is there such a signal and where, if not how do I do a work around.  The second is a signal for reverse gear, any one have a wire number and location for that? 

Thanks Chuckd

Stillwater mn

There should be a light on the dash for parking brake, the back up lights are the reverse signal.    Both of these should be easy to locate.  

Steve 

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

I just installed pioneer 4200 in my 730... solved both issues....

1. Parking brake.... there is a small adapter that i bought to bypass the parking brake signal. Just search "pioneer parking brake bypass" on Amazon.  It's like 8 bucks. 

2. Reverse....i did run a wire from the taillights up to the dash. I am sure there is a wire under the dash somewhere,  but I thought for the time I would spend looking for it,  I could just run a wire to the back as I ran the cables for the back up cams.  I did 2 back up cams,  one at the fifth wheel hitch and one low at the bumper.  Now,  after all that was done,  I ended up not using the reverse signal anyway.... on my unit the reverse signal triggered the radio to go to the back up camera, but I wanted to be able to switch between the 2 cameras back there depending on the situation,  so I did not use the reverse trigger. 

Thanks to all of you for your replies, I was having a brain burp or something when I looked at the instructions.  Should be fun install, never done one.  Trying to do more of the work myself this time,  just so I can have a little fun making myself look like an idiot  Something I do on a regular basis.

Thanks again

Chuckd

• 1 month later...

Archived